Goebel Divin Noblesse : the best speaker I auditioned in 2020

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
2020 is an horrible year.
Hope that the vaccines can be light of the end of the tunnel.

Let's talk about something which is joyful in 2020.
I Iistened to the Goebel Divin Noblesse three times, not in dealer's showroom but in a private music room of an owner.

Here is his music room :

20201204_224748~2.jpg

The music room is large, about 600-700 sq feet. The ceiling is high, more than 13 feet.

The Divin Noblesse was bought and placed there for less than 6 months.
They are still in the process of breaking-in, but at the 3rd audition by me 3 weeks ago, I can confidently say that it's IMHO the best large-size speaker I have auditioned in 2020, in fact may be for the past several years.

The scale, density & dynamics of the music it produced are phenomenal!
And yet the finesse & refineness are not sacrificed.
Soundstage, imaging and freq extensions & evenless are all cream de la cream.

However, careful fine-tuning, placement and mix&match of the other components are mandatory to bring out its best performance.
If WBF brothers have interest, I can share more on these aspects on later posts.

I say "best speaker I auditioned in 2020".
Can the Divin Divin Noblesse be the Best Speaker of 2020?
Well, I am not qualified to say such a bold statement.
I have not auditioned all the flagship grade speakers launched in 2020.

In fact I think one of the contenders must be the Wilson Audio XVX!
My friends and I booked an audition of it at the HK dealer a few months ago but I couldn't attend the fest due to some ad hoc engagement. What a pity! :(
That pair of XVX was sold shortly after that day but the dealer has just got a new pair for demo in their sbowrrom. I will go for a listen after it has got some hours for sure!

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think I see a lot of tubes back there!

Reactions: CKKeung

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thank you CK for the kind words and report. I don't know why they are not fully broken in after that long unless they don't get turned on LOL
The Divin speakers need about 100 hours of playing. I also think that carefully choosing components and proper placement is necessary for all systems to perform at their best. This is not unique for Oliver's speakers but the Divin speakers are capable of real magic when are given the proper room, placement and quality gear in front of them. I also think they because they are a large speaker they thrive in a good size room like the one pictured.

Reactions: CKKeung

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I think I see a lot of tubes back there!
I see a lot of space back there
(to the front wall)
One of the breakthrus I achieved here is moving my spkrs from 3' off front wall to 8'.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ironic...the space behind my rack and spkrs is bigger than the first bedroom I had when I was a kid...and at age 8, I thought it was MASSIVE. Just has a tinny transistor radio to start. Was I happy!

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Thank you CK for the kind words and report. I don't know why they are not fully broken in after that long unless they don't get turned on LOL
The Divin speakers need about 100 hours of playing. I also think that carefully choosing components and proper placement is necessary for all systems to perform at their best. This is not unique for Oliver's speakers but the Divin speakers are capable of real magic when are given the proper room, placement and quality gear in front of them. I also think they because they are a large speaker they thrive in a good size room like the one pictured.

Nice to see a large speaker in a large room!

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have a better deal. Just leave the speakers at someone's house for a period of time in each state of the US for personal demos.
only a better deal for you lol

Reactions: tobiasrankin

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
2020 is an horrible year.
Hope that the vaccines can be light of the end of the tunnel.

Let's talk about something which is joyful in 2020.
I Iistened to the Goebel Divin Noblesse three times, not in dealer's showroom but in a private music room of an owner.

Here is his music room :

View attachment 73181

The music room is large, about 600-700 sq feet. The ceiling is high, more than 13 feet.

The Divin Noblesse was bought and placed there for less than 6 months.
They are still in the process of breaking-in, but at the 3rd audition by me 3 weeks ago, I can confidently say that it's IMHO the best large-size speaker I have auditioned in 2020, in fact may be for the past several years.

The scale, density & dynamics of the music it produced are phenomenal!
And yet the finesse & refineness are not sacrificed.
Soundstage, imaging and freq extensions & evenless are all cream de la cream.

However, careful fine-tuning, placement and mix&match of the other components are mandatory to bring out its best performance.
If WBF brothers have interest, I can share more on these aspects on later posts.

I say "best speaker I auditioned in 2020".
Can the Divin Divin Noblesse be the Best Speaker of 2020?
Well, I am not qualified to say such a bold statement.
I have not auditioned all the flagship grade speakers launched in 2020.

In fact I think one of the contenders must be the Wilson Audio XVX!
My friends and I booked an audition of it at the HK dealer a few months ago but I couldn't attend the fest due to some ad hoc engagement. What a pity! :(
That pair of XVX was sold shortly after that day but the dealer has just got a new pair for demo in their sbowrrom. I will go for a listen after it has got some hours for sure!
what an amazing system.congratulations.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing