www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Thanks. Actually I am going to try out the Gobel speaker cables soon. Can you tell me what they sound like? I’m looking for a liquid organic sound.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thanks. Actually I am going to try out the Gobel speaker cables soon. Can you tell me what they sound like? I’m looking for a liquid organic sound.

Howie

I'm scratching my head trying to understand what that means. Can you help me understand better

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Howie

I'm scratching my head trying to understand what that means. Can you help me understand better

Steve, I’m no expert in describing audio at all so forgive what could be interpreted as mindless waffle. What I was trying to convey was that some brands are renowned for their rather analytical and sometimes what could be described as harsh sounding cables. They generally have a very quick sound but are perhaps a little dry in the musicality department. Nordost used to have this kind of reputation. I have no idea whether their current line up is like that. On the other end we’re brands like Siltech which had a fuller, thicker sound. I have found that balancing a system using these brand characteristics works well. So I am wondering, rather crudely I admit, if Gobel falls into the analytical camp or the full bodies camp. It’s just a blunt way of me trying to pigeon hole brands so I can focus the search, otherwise there are just too many brands out there to try. Hope that helps, though it probably hasn’t!

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steve, I’m no expert in describing audio at all so forgive what could be interpreted as mindless waffle. What I was trying to convey was that some brands are renowned for their rather analytical and sometimes what could be described as harsh sounding cables. They generally have a very quick sound but are perhaps a little dry in the musicality department. Nordost used to have this kind of reputation. I have no idea whether their current line up is like that. On the other end we’re brands like Siltech which had a fuller, thicker sound. I have found that balancing a system using these brand characteristics works well. So I am wondering, rather crudely I admit, if Gobel falls into the analytical camp or the full bodies camp. It’s just a blunt way of me trying to pigeon hole brands so I can focus the search, otherwise there are just too many brands out there to try. Hope that helps, though it probably hasn’t!

It actually was for me Howie as I know both cables to which you made a comparison perfectly understandable.

I wasn't trying to be mean but rather was trying to understand what type of audio you seek to achieve

Reactions: howiebrou

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
It actually was for me Howie as I know both cables to which you made a comparison perfectly understandable.

I wasn't trying to be mean but rather was trying to understand what type of audio you seek to achieve

No worries at all. Hopefully my gibberish was vaguely understandable the second time around :)

Reactions: Steve Williams

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
First of all I am not a reviewer nor consider myself a writer. I look at audio in a systematic view. I don't believe that looking at one item and trying to describe it really makes much sense since it is not used in that manner. I import and distribute Gobel High End in the US> I bought the line based on what I heard from the system I heard in Munich. I really gave very little thought to the cables when I started. The cables did arrive before the speakers were ready so I brought them to a friend of mine who owned another high end brand that is very highly thought of ( and I like as well) and loaned them the products. He and I went nuts. We were stunned by how much better his system sounded. He traded in his cables and bought it all. T his has happened numerous times since then. In fact I have not had one person NOT purchase after they tried them.
So I wont tell you what I think or what I try to describe I will tell you what happened. I have not tried every cable possible , LOL, I don't want to make silly claims, but I would tell you to think about cables and everything else in a Holistic view and if you so that I think that you will like what you try.
BTW I also believe we have amazing speakers as well. Best of luck in journey and say hello to J Lam for me.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
No worries at all. Hopefully my gibberish was vaguely understandable the second time around :)
Howie there is another thread here started by Gianni about the Gobel cables and his reaction along with his friends, perhaps you should check it out and maybe have a chat with him :)

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Howie there is another thread here started by Gianni about the Gobel cables and his reaction along with his friends, perhaps you should check it out and maybe have a chat with him :)
Thank you. I can tell you that I have had the Göbel speaker cables in my system for a few hours only and I have never heard such a difference compared to my Valhalla’s which will have to be consigned to history.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thank you. I can tell you that I have had the Göbel speaker cables in my system for a few hours only and I have never heard such a difference compared to my Valhalla’s which will have to be consigned to history.
I have had the same experience :)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Happy to read nice things about an european cable! Are you addressing Valhalla 1 or Valhalla 2? The difference is very large. BTW, what is the price of the cables you are trying?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
in my case it was 2. I am not sure what length cables he has so I can't speaker for the price .
US price of a 1.2m interconnect is 7k and increases with length, 10 foot pair speaker wires are 23K, 2m power cord is 8500.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Happy to read nice things about an european cable! Are you addressing Valhalla 1 or Valhalla 2? The difference is very large. BTW, what is the price of the cables you are trying?

Valhalla 1. Yes I understand that there is a big difference but at the same time i don’t think Nordost was ever my cup of tea. I have tried Odin 2 and it didn’t float my boat at all compared to the Göbels. I think MSRP is 20-25k Euros for a 3 m pair but don’t quote me. My pair was used which is great because they are far far cheaper and already broken in...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Valhalla 1. Yes I understand that there is a big difference but at the same time i don’t think Nordost was ever my cup of tea. I have tried Odin 2 and it didn’t float my boat at all compared to the Göbels. I think MSRP is 20-25k Euros for a 3 m pair but don’t quote me. My pair was used which is great because they are far far cheaper and already broken in...

Thanks. Did you carry your listening with the Kagura's and Aida's? Can I ask what was the remaining of the system?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Nordost, even the Odin1/2, is also not my cup of tea.
They are at the opposite end of the sonic character spectrum when compared to Goebel, Taralabs GME, Vertere HB ...etc

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Nordost, even the Odin1/2, is also not my cup of tea.
They are at the opposite end of the sonic character spectrum when compared to Goebel, Taralabs GME, Vertere HB ...etc

I have to agree with you on that.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Thanks. Did you carry your listening with the Kagura's and Aida's? Can I ask what was the remaining of the system?

Ah that titbit of information is going to let the cat out of the bag....no it wasn't Kagura's or Aidas. My system has changed somewhat just a few days ago. Stay tuned...

Actually the Valhalla's weren't too bad paired with my AudioNote UK Ongaku, which is what they were paired with initially. With the Kondo they were okayish but Kondo is not as syrupy as AN UK. Now with my changed system Nordost was too much and Gobel is a MUCH better fit.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
If you try interconnect between pre and amp the difference you will listen will be more than speaker cable

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing