Greg Weaver Reviews Center Stage 2 In Positive Feedback

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The Hyperbole Police had to get involved in this incident, unfortunately.

To empiricists, to the logical, to the rational hyperbole of this needle-pinning magnitude serves mainly, if not entirely, to generate skepticism, disbelief and guffaws.

Imagine the pushback if a loudspeaker manufacturer were to announce a new product with a press release declaring that this speaker is so much better than every other speaker that this speaker deserves its own component category beyond speaker, and that to call it a “speaker” is an injustice in nomenclature.

I truly am glad y’all are so excited about the CS product, but to elevate a footer to the status of something beyond a footer seems to me to be absurd on its face.

(This post entirely is just my personal opinion; I am not speaking on behalf of WBF.)

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
No disrespect Ron, but you've been asleep at the wheel waiting all thus time to call out this thread for hyperbole. It's all a bit late now to say a footer is just a footer.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Very happy for the hyperbole police to intervene for order here. I think it may well be an exceptional footer, may have a unique approach and even if it were then absolutely the best footer it would clearly functionally still be a footer.

Also this is certainly not the first time that elements of infrastructure have been described as a component but this is the same for all as surely everything within a system is by definition a component of that system.

Reactions: JackD201 and Al M.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
No disrespect Ron, but you've been asleep at the wheel waiting all thus time to call out this thread for hyperbole. It's all a bit late now to say a footer is just a footer.

Who said that the CS's were not footers? Most if what I have read is that their way of operation can't be explained just as being an isolation device, so people feel they are not typical footers in a functional way.

IMHO nothing I have read recently about them calls for the Hyperbole Police. Surely some people are overenthusiastic, as 90% of people in WBF about their preferred tweaks. As always, IMHO, YMMV.

Reactions: Leif S

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Ron

Hyperbole is not talking about CS2 feet and how great they are but rather how for me and my eyes New Zealand is the most beautiful country I’ve ever visited. I’ve taken almost 1000 photos. That’s hyperbole

;)

Steve Williams

Large thread to follow. You’re going to have to shoot me for all of the hyperbole I’m going to post but I’m confidant that the photos will vindicate me

Having said that everything stated about CS2 is IMO dead on

Reactions: Leif S

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron

Hyperbole is not talking about CS2 feet and how great they are but rather how for me and my eyes New Zealand is the most beautiful country I’ve ever visited. I’ve taken almost 1000 photos. That’s hyperbole

;)

Saying “New Zealand is the most beautiful country I’ve ever visited” is not hyperbole at all. It is an expression of a considered comparison of what you yourself are seeing presently versus all of the other places you yourself have seen.

Now if you had posted: “New Zealand is so beautiful it should not be considered to be a country on planet Earth. It is way beyond a mere country. It is a new category all its own. It is beyond planet Earth.” . . .

. . . then I would consider that to be hyperbole. :)

Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Ron

;)
Sure it’s pretty Steve... that’s why so many New Zealanders end up living in Australia, just too pretty to work over there in the extraordinary landscape of Nuu Zeelin... traditionally many move across to east coast Australia instead where it’s still kinda pretty but just not so impossibly hyperbole filled perfectly beautiful that they can also focus on work as well. We share much love for our neighbouring fellow antipodeans from the land of the long white cloud... also a rich traditional culture as well as the amazingly beautiful landscape.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I would love to see some photos, you lucky travelers!

Steve Williams

Sure it’s pretty Steve... that’s why so many New Zealanders end up living in Australia, just too pretty to work over there in the extraordinary landscape of Nuu Zeelin... traditionally many move across to east coast Australia instead where it’s still kinda pretty but just not so impossibly hyperbole filled perfectly beautiful that they can also focus on work as well. We share much love for our neighbouring fellow antipodeans from the land of the long white cloud... also a rich traditional culture as well as the amazingly beautiful landscape.
Hi Tao

I know you are an Aussie. We wanted to include it in our trip but NZ blossomed to 18 days

Next year for sure

BTW the native NZ people call Australia the West Island

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
In my opinion, it should go without saying that every purchasing decision be done with discretion and whenever possible, a personal audition. I'm not aware of anyone advocating otherwise. With that said, I want to take this opportunity to agree with JackD201 that discussing product performance should be enjoyable and at times exuberant.

So thanks Ron for all the work you and Steve do for this community specifically and High End Audio in general. All the best!

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Sorry to be so OT but one last thing here is the night sky. The constellations are upside down and backwards from what we see in the Northern Hemisphere. It’s a mind freeze to see it

And finally from my bucket list I can verify that the toilets here flush counterclockwise down the drain as opposed to clockwise in the northern hemisphere.

And Ron this country could be classified as beyond earth as it is so beautiful. Every time you turn your eye the next photo is ether than your last one only to be exceeded by your next one

Friendliest people we have ever met. We scaled many mountains and stood on glaciers. It does seem extraterrestrial. No one speeds. No horns honking. No pollution and everyone is outdoors doing something healthy. Food is superb although I think I just cannot eat lamb or venison ever again having stayed at 2 different wilderness lodges where sheep and deer were being raised.

:(

Steve Williams

And lastly yesterday we took a speedboat down the Dart River and saw so many places where all of the Lord of the Rings was filmed as well as Mission Impossible and Narnia as well as The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe

Steve Williams

We get home on Sunday in time for the Oscars. I will be posting a lengthy thread with countless pictures of this country. Milford Sound is simply beautiful esoeciallyvtaking a private plane to get there. Coming back we flew over Shania Twain’s huge estate

So to all of you members who live in this fairy tale country you have so much to be proud of.

I can honestly say that as much as I love my audio system and the sonic benefits of CS2 feet I haven’t missed it one bit as this country gives one a taste of something truly transcendental. It gives life a whole new meaning

Next year I hope to be in Australia or as the Kiwis call it “ the western island”

:)

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
We get home on Sunday in time for the Oscars. I will be posting a lengthy thread with countless pictures of this country. Milford Sound is simply beautiful esoeciallyvtaking a private plane to get there. Coming back we flew over Shania Twain’s huge estate

So to all of you members who live in this fairy tale country you have so much to be proud of.

I can honestly say that as much as I love my audio system and the sonic benefits of CS2 feet I haven’t missed it one bit as this country gives one a taste of something truly transcendental. It gives life a whole new meaning

Next year I hope to be in Australia or as the Kiwis call it “ the western island”

:)
Great to hear Steve. Perhaps you’ll be able to smuggle in some egg crates chock full of CS2’s past our friendly but well to do customs officers lol

PS there is much to see in the great southern land, tho our sunburnt country has become even more sunburnt of late... but still a fantastic part of the world.

Last edited:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Ron

;)

100% agree doc- spent two weeks on S.Island and want to return for two in the north.

Queenstown might be my favorite place on earth :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing