Greg Weaver Reviews Center Stage 2 In Positive Feedback

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Does Steve give out a set of CS2 if WBF points reach 100. What about 500 likes Steve.

Tang :p

Reactions: bazelio

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It should be for 100 points and 10k posts

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Reactions: bazelio and bonzo75

AudioAnalyst

Industry Expert
I posted a new White Paper thread. I thought it might help.........
Hello Joe,

Thanks for this... Would you mind including the URL here, for convenience?

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
I do have a question regarding Center Stage or similar.

Does one realize the same or less when internal electronics are mounted to the underside of the top of an amplifier?

What about separate power supplies?

AudioAnalyst

Industry Expert

Does one realize the same or less when internal electronics are mounted to the underside of the top of an amplifier?

Hello Ultrafast69,

I'm curious to know what components the new Momentum troika replaced, and how you might characterize the differences. Would you mind addressing that topic? Thanks in advance.

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
www.criticalmasssystems.com

I would be pleased to try to answer this question should you choose to pose it on the white paper thread.......

Reactions: Ultrafast69

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

I have CS2 feet under all of my power supplies. That was the last components under which I placed them as I was skeptical if there would be improvement as the power supplies don't sit in the signal path. Lo and behold there was a huge improvement sonically

Reactions: DaveyF

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
Hello Ultrafast69,

I'm curious to know what components the new Momentum troika replaced, and how you might characterize the differences. Would you mind addressing that topic? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I am not understanding what you are asking. If possible, send me a private message then can come back online?

Damon Von Schweikert

WBF Technical Expert
Sep 15, 2016
California
www.vonschweikert.com
With all respect, Damon (and Leif), I find this baffling. But I completely understand the concept behind what you are saying.

This is an "admission against interest" and thus exceptionally persuasive. I have not heard an A/B/A with the CS footers, so I take you (and Leif) at your words. :)

I look forward to experimenting with the CS footers myself someday!

Thanks Ron. I'm glad I was able to give some food for thought. If nothing else I hope my post gave insight into how Leif and I approach the difficult process of system analysis. My dad started me off at a very young age comparing the performance of various crossovers, drivers, loudspeakers and other gear. One of my first jobs at age seven was the "switch box" sitting behind my father's designs ;)

I do appreciate the opportunity to share my own opinions in this hobby and on this forum even though I'm a manufacturer. Please trust however that I don't do so lightly.

I absolutely understand a "healthy" amount of skepticism and in fact encourage it in every consumer of High End Audio gear; especially given the expense. Heck, I won't even buy a vacuum until I've done extensive research through websites like Consumer Reports ;)

In my opinion, it should go without saying that every purchasing decision be done with discretion and whenever possible, a personal audition. I'm not aware of anyone advocating otherwise. With that said, I want to take this opportunity to agree with JackD201 that discussing product performance should be enjoyable and at times exuberant.

So thanks Ron for all the work you and Steve do for this community specifically and High End Audio in general. All the best!

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I start to use footer in 1984 of YBA and then Graphite from Yamamura and Imai
When i will have new enough good rack i will try CS

Attachments

• IMG_5550.jpg
    IMG_5550.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 13

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
On the right you can see one with a red point,this was graphite high density
We had also with yellow and green point with less density,low and medium,so we spent night to listen if were better with low,medium of high density
And this in 1988/1989

I spent all my life to test some since 1973,now i am tired and would like only listen music

Samsoum

Sep 9, 2018
Hi guys.
I m planning to buy some footers under my newly bought dac( 60 kgs).2 / of my friends use isoacoustics orea and are very happy with them, i was womdering how they compare to cs2.
Price wise there no comparaison cs2 being 6 times more expensive.

AudioAnalyst

Industry Expert
Hello Samsoum,

I'm not sure if you've had a chance to read the review (https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/critical-mass-systems-center-stage-footer/), but in that work, and the look at the original CenterStage footer (https://positive-feedback.com/revie...s-center-stage-footer-redefining-performance/), I state emphatically that they simply defy comparison to any existing product. These devices are so clearly different from, and so much more effective than, any other "isolation" product I've used in the past 35 years, that they cannot be considered in comparison to any of them. They are so unique, and so effective, that they insist on being considered only on their own terms. Even other product manufacturers have said that they should be considered as actual components, not isolation devices. Good luck with whatever you choose to go with...

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Hi guys.
I m planning to buy some footers under my newly bought dac( 60 kgs).2 / of my friends use isoacoustics orea and are very happy with them, i was womdering how they compare to cs2.
Price wise there no comparaison cs2 being 6 times more expensive.

I'd be curious to hear CS2 feet, but only on an in home audition basis at first. A friend has the original CS feet, as well as Harmonix feet. While he does like the CS feet, he also says they're no better than the Harmonix despite the large price disparity. CS2 might pull away, but I'd certainly want to try for myself first if the price is 6x.

By the way, is the "at cost" upgrade from CS to CS2 still available, or was there a time limit on that? He never received notification.

Reactions: Sa-dono and Samsoum

Samsoum

Sep 9, 2018
Hello Samsoum,

I'm not sure if you've had a chance to read the review (https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/critical-mass-systems-center-stage-footer/), but in that work, and the look at the original CenterStage footer (https://positive-feedback.com/revie...s-center-stage-footer-redefining-performance/), I state emphatically that they simply defy comparison to any existing product. These devices are so clearly different from, and so much more effective than, any other "isolation" product I've used in the past 35 years, that they cannot be considered in comparison to any of them. They are so unique, and so effective, that they insist on being considered only on their own terms. Even other product manufacturers have said that they should be considered as actual components, not isolation devices. Good luck with whatever you choose to go with...
Thks i will read and check more.

Samsoum

Sep 9, 2018
I'd be curious to hear CS2 feet, but only on an in home audition basis at first. A friend has the original CS feet, as well as Harmonix feet. While he does like the CS feet, he also says they're no better than the Harmonix despite the large price disparity. CS2 might pull away, but I'd certainly want to try for myself first if the price is 6x.

By the way, is the "at cost" upgrade from CS to CS2 still available, or was there a time limit on that? He never received notification.
Good to know thks.

Leif S

Industry Expert
Feb 13, 2015
California
www.vonschweikert.com

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing