Has anyone heard the Devialet D-Premier Integrated Amp/DAC

I had a listen to the D-Premier yesterday and it has caught my interest as I am in the market for a AMP.There is the option to buy the Demo D-Premier or wait for the Devialet 240 to come in.What would you D-Premier owners suggest??
Stump

Anything under Euro 9500 and you are in the money as you can update to a 240 (which costs Euro 13000) for Euro 3500 or less with a new five year guarantee.

However you should do better. I think a D-Premier is Euro 12000 new so as an ex demo I would look to get it for Euro 8000 max and ideally Euro 7200 or less.

I had a listen to the D-Premier yesterday and it has caught my interest as I am in the market for a AMP.There is the option to buy the Demo D-Premier or wait for the Devialet 240 to come in.What would you D-Premier owners suggest??
Stump

Hi I got ex-demo D-premier 1 month ago with discount. save the money and have more budget for speaker. !:D

Last edited:
As written before the price for the upgrade shouldn't be higher than the difference between the 'old' D-Premier and the new Devialet 240 when bought in 2013 - even if it is a demo piece. So or so a good price for the demo will be a bargain. Depending on the age of it I would try to get it for € 8.400 or even less. The only thing to mention: If the Devialet 110 would harmonize with your speakers as well, it would be cheaper to go for this one ;-)

I was following this thread for a while, thanks to all for sharing your experience regarding the new firmware and Air2.0 update and its current problems! I am running a D-Premier for about half a year now and I love it :) -- apart from the recent hickups and the way how Devialet is dealing (or not dealing...) with their customers. For now am still running on FW 5.7.3 and Air1.5 which works fine.

What I'd like to share is that iTunes 11.0.4 still appears to have issues with the 5.7.3 + Air2.0 setup - despite statements from Devialet (and some other posts) that problems with 11.0.3 have been resolved. While itunes does not crash (as reported earlier) it "looses track" - i.e. as soon as you interrupt a track by pressing pause/play or try to fast-forward/backwards there is silence, and you can only restart from a different track. Sometimes also the next track is not found reliably....
Once I went back to itunes 11.0.2, everything works fine. So, my recommendation to not upgrade to 11.0.4, at least until Air2.0 is working as a virtual sound card...
Happy listening :)

Welcome, Eric.

Just for interest: What speakers and cables do you use?
Did you try others before?

@all
Do you have experiences with different loudspeaker cables using the Devialet?

Last edited:
Welcome, Eric.

@all

I'm using Transparent Reference XL but not sure if it's the best idea with the Devialet as it is just a shade " crisp "

Anything under Euro 9500 and you are in the money as you can update to a 240 (which costs Euro 13000) for Euro 3500 or less with a new five year guarantee.

However you should do better. I think a D-Premier is Euro 12000 new so as an ex demo I would look to get it for Euro 8000 max and ideally Euro 7200 or less.

As written before the price for the upgrade shouldn't be higher than the difference between the 'old' D-Premier and the new Devialet 240 when bought in 2013 - even if it is a demo piece. So or so a good price for the demo will be a bargain. Depending on the age of it I would try to get it for € 8.400 or even less. The only thing to mention: If the Devialet 110 would harmonize with your speakers as well, it would be cheaper to go for this one ;-)

Thanks for the price tips.I go back for another listen tomorrow.
Stump

Welcome, Eric.

@all

Thanks Nightmare.

I am driving a pair of KEF Blade with the D-Premier, controls them very well.

Regarding cables I am not settled in, currently using a Wireworld Oasis 6 (on loan) - did not find enough time yet to play around. I was considering Audioquest or Silentwire which my local dealer is offering, but I am curious what others have experienced.

Thanks so far. I am still hanging around with the cable question. Due to a need of 8 meters on the one side and about 5 meters on the other, it should not be to expensive. Additional to that I have to lead the cable through 20mm reserve conduits that doesn´t alow a diameter of a hose pipe. I don´t believe in cable voodoo that much on the one side but don´t want to loose sound quality on the other. We will have an other test especially for that with my dealer in a couple of weeks (hope to test the D-Premier vs Devialet 110 also). Searched through the internet a little bit the last days and found some advises for Silent Wire (LS 16 Mk2 or LS12), Fast Audio (Fadel Art Greylitz Mk II) and for MIT (EXP 1) also. My dealer recommends Audioquest. I myself had a cable of T+A (Speaker 6) so far. Heared about the WireWorld (Oasis 6) also. But I think it is to thick in diameter

I guess it will turn out to be an interesting afternoon.

Last edited:
Have used Audio Quest,Chord Signature ,and Kubala Sosna Emotion speaker cables ,still using the last one ,but al of these works well with the Devialet IMO

Does any here use Shunyata power cables,do they fit under the cover ?

Thanks so far. I am still hanging around with the cable question. Due to a need of 8 meters on the one side and about 5 meters on the other, it should not be to expensive. Additional to that I have to lead the cable through 20mm reserve conduits that doesn´t alow a diameter of a hose pipe. I don´t believe in cable voodoo that much on the one side but don´t want to loose sound quality on the other. We will have an other test especially for that with my dealer in a couple of weeks (hope to test the D-Premier vs Devialet 110 also). Searched through the internet a little bit the last days and found some advises for Silent Wire (LS 16 Mk2 or LS12), Fast Audio (Fadel Art Greylitz Mk II) and for MIT (EXP 1) also. My dealer recommends Audioquest. I myself had a cable of T+A (Speaker 6) so far. Heared about the WireWorld (Oasis 6) also. But I think it is to thick in diameter

I guess it will turn out to be an interesting afternoon.

Not sure which country you are in and, like you, I don't believe in cable voodoo but I do like well engineered goods ideally sourced direct from the manufacturer. Distributor and dealer margins on these things can be big. It can double or triple the price.

In the UK I have used The Missing Link. The owner/designer/cable builder is Mark Sears. Prices on the website. Source direct.

In the USA I have used Soundstring. The owner/designer/cable builder is Len Miller. Prices on the website. Source direct.

Both these guys are really helpful. I think they have each been building cables for 20-30 years.

They both have a small range of digital/interconnect/speaker/power cables. Build quality is beautiful. They will build to exact lengths and with the plugs you specify. As you know, with the Devialet you have to be careful with the mains lead plug because it is a tight fit - I asked for Furutech FI-15E IEC connectors but even with these I knew I would have to file down one corner edge of the plug.

I've not come across the manufacturer in France referred to earlier, Absolue Creations, but some prices and UK/USA shipping details are here:http://www.espacehifi.com

Last edited:
I'd like to use the mono 500s with really short speaker cable.

That then requires a longer Spdif cable between the units but Devialet told me at last year's Munich show this was ok.

Not sure which country you are in and, like you, I don't believe in cable voodoo but I do like well engineered goods ideally sourced direct from the manufacturer. Distributor and dealer margins on these things can be big. It can double or triple the price.
I'm from Germany. Right, margins are damned big and prices are fantasy based.
In the UK I have used The Missing Link. The owner/designer/cable builder is Mark Sears. Prices on the website. Source direct.
Just had a short look on then site from Mark Sears. Wow, what a crazy presentation. It produces eyes cancer. I don't see through. Can't even find the speaker cables. Maybe tomorrow.

Edit: Got it :)

So you have experiences with the cables on the devialet (Sling Shot Dual Helix). The Evolution cable is kind of expensive and it's use seams to be not to far from voodoo?! OK, maybe a better investment than spending the money into big margins. Problem: No possibility to try them before buying. Do you know comparing reviews of them?!

Last edited:
Have used Audio Quest,Chord Signature ,and Kubala Sosna Emotion speaker cables ,still using the last one ,but al of these works well with the Devialet IMO

Does any here use Shunyata power cables,do they fit under the cover ?

No. I owned Shunyata Anaconda Helix when I hosted the D-Premier and could not use a 15A Python. AFAIR the only possible way was using a C19 20A cable with a Shunyata adapter to C15 - not a nice setup.

(...) Not sure which country you are in and, like you, I don't believe in cable voodoo but I do like well engineered goods ideally sourced direct from the manufacturer. (...)

If you do not believe in cable voodoo why paying more than a few pounds for a standard high quality power cable? IMHO as soon as you discard the original power cable you are in cable voodoo zone ...

If you do not believe in cable voodoo why paying more than a few pounds for a standard high quality power cable? IMHO as soon as you discard the original power cable you are in cable voodoo zone ...

Fair point. I like all my cables to be by the same manufacturer and prepared to the exact lengths required. A bit OCD I accept. In the overall budget context, not too high a price to pay and I do admire the engineering.

I'm from Germany. Right, margins are damned big and prices are fantasy based.

Just had a short look on then site from Mark Sears. Wow, what a crazy presentation. It produces eyes cancer. I don't see through. Can't even find the speaker cables. Maybe tomorrow.

Edit: Got it :)

So you have experiences with the cables on the devialet (Sling Shot Dual Helix). The Evolution cable is kind of expensive and it's use seams to be not to far from voodoo?! OK, maybe a better investment than spending the money into big margins. Problem: No possibility to try them before buying. Do you know comparing reviews of them?!

Yes you cannot try before you buy and reviews are rare and of questionable value. I know Mark and he will do you exactly what you want - length, colour, plugs - at a reasonable price and with quality construction. Beyond that I cannot say anything helpful.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing