Has anyone heard the Devialet D-Premier Integrated Amp/DAC

Yes.

That cable with wooden end has a single wire inside. That wire ends at the wooden rca like the ground connection of eichmann plugs, just touching the outer ring of the rca. The wood is there mostly to keep it in place. There is no central pin.

So it is a connection from one of the grounding posts of tellus to one ground point of Devialet.

How and why it works is beyond me but it is not a small effect. More detail, relaxed sound, better air, increased "you are there" feeling etc.

I don't want to sound too enthusiastic but that box is staying :) if you have the chance just try it for yourself.

Cheers

The new 7.1 software is now officially out on Devialet's website and they have also completely reworked the website.

It looks like the Devialet 250 has been discontinued??

From wam

It's still on the site although a bit hidden, look under 'systems'. It's picture is displayed under the 'Devialet Ensemble' on the right side of your screen. It'll bring you to this link: http://en.devialet.com/devialet-250-en There is also mentioned the option to buy a 250 Slave unit to upgrade to the 800 dual mono.

The new English website is really full of errors BTW...looks like it's done in a hurry!

If you downloadad the latest 7.1 firmware, it is quite interesting to try different SAM settings with your speakers even if it is not on the supported speakers list. I have a 170 and a Focal Aria 936 at home at the moment and the Aria works very well with the Focal Diablo Utopia SAM settings, at least in my room. If you have some time try to experiment can be fun.

Sonus Faber CREMONA AUDITOR M owners!

I am organizing my friends and owners of Auditor M to vote for SAM. Now there are 25 votes. We need 50!

So please support making them SAM-ready with Your voting! Here is link

http://voteforsam.devialet.com/category/sonus-faber/?vfs-filter=popular

Please select Auditor M and vote. You don't have to be an owner of Devialet to vote. So also Your friends with another audio setup than Devialet can vote.

Thank You in advance:)

Anyone who has tried SAM yet?? would love to hear some first impressions.

I am finding no downside with SAM. I definitely prefer the SAM on presentation to the SAM off with Magico S1 speakers and D200.
Early days - more listening needed at all volume levels.
BTW SAM at present is accessed via the button on the remote that governs the balance and tone controls and it's influence can be adjusted from 0% to 100%.
Hopefully SAM might be accessible from the remote app at some stage.

Then some 2 days later......
I've stopped fiddling around, switching SAM on and off, checking if it is an improvement.
I now just set the D200 at SAM 100%, 100% of the time.
I'm convinced that SAM 100% is a clear improvement with ALL my recordings.
The bass is where the improvement is most notable. It is tighter, more robust and with greater extension.
Bass, indeed, the whole recording is presented in a subtly different way. It feels more sophisticated, more relaxed.
It is a clearer yet warmer presentation and when you switch SAM off things seem a bit washed out.
Now, for me, it's not so important if SAM can't be accessed via the remote app as SAM will be staying on at 100% - no adjustments or further experimentation needed - but it would be handy to have to make a demo to friends easier.

Last edited:
Gray,
thanks for your experience and nice first post :)
Let us know how you carry on enjoying the Devialet product, btw do you find your listening habits the same as before or have they changed?
Example being skipping or not skipping tracks more often, listening to specific types of music more, can listen longer periods now or not, etc.

Thanks again
Orb

Thankyou, Orb,
Been following this thread since the early days. I have been fascinated by the D products from the beginning but the D Premiere was always out of my reach.
D170 owner since Aug 2013.
Devialet has changed my listening habits a bit. Firstly I'd say that I listen louder because the clarity remains at higher SPL's than my previous amp - Primare i30. Also listen to more classical and to more internet radio. Still not an AIR user.
The D is the first true high end component that I've ever owned and I love it to bits. It is a delight to ALL my senses.
It is not just a superb example of industrial design - it transcends that and moves into the area of art.
The one and only control on the amp sums it up for me. That button turns D on/standby/off and scrolls thru the inputs. It is the interface between your finger and the D . The button is in the shape of the D logo - a tear (of joy?) - designed by the famous French jewelry house Arthus Bertrand. A nondescript button would do the job just as well and the hairshirters amongst us might prefer D to have saved some money on this detail. But for me, the care, the thought, the art that has gone into that button makes it an emotional experience that is intellectually satisfying every time my finger caresses it.
Crazy - I know !!! But isn't this a part of what the high end is all about. It needs to move you and to inspire you.

What does it take for Devialet to generate a profile for SAM? Do they have to physically have the speakers there to measure? Or it is generated by paper spec?

As an aside, has anyone noticed the new firmware for the 170 (200) changed the thermo characteristic of the unit? I noticed that after the update the unit remains quite warm to the touch when it is on standby. It used to be quite cool. I am worried about long term durability with extended hours of heat.

And it was 30 at the beginning... It's becomming a joke !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing