Here we go...again...

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Told my wife that I bought a leather strap and it came with it...

Wonder which tape recorder is Mike getting next...?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Pretty! Mike's got a lot of catch'n up to do that's for sure.:D

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Pretty! Mike's got a lot of catch'n up to do that's for sure.:D
Hey Roger,

I think you may have missed it... Mike was way ahead of me in obtaining a mint Nagra IV-S...leaving me in the dust... I probably was the only tape guy in NW without a Nagra IV-S...that's what I told my wife anyway. :)

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Hey Roger,

I think you may have missed it... Mike was way ahead of me in obtaining a mint Nagra IV-S...leaving me in the dust... I probably was the only tape guy in NW without a Nagra IV-S...that's what I told my wife anyway. :)

Wow... you played the "left out/behind" card. Brilliant!!

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Hey Roger,

Your wife is a angel for sure!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hey Roger,

hey, if i can be of service to you Ki it's my pleasure. ;) your IV-S looks very very nice!

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
How about - "I bought this tape and look what came with it".

Think that will work?

Bruce in PA

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
How about - "I bought this tape and look what came with it".

Think that will work?

Bruce in PA

Unless you have a wife like mine that KNOWS how much this stuff cost. Then you have to make arrangements with the FedEx driver to deliver it when she's at work!!

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
One advantage I have is that I have so many stuff in the house, it is hard for my wife to differentiate what's new and what's been there for years. Of course, I had that Nagra IV-S for ages...she just didn't see it before since it was tucked behind a bigger machine I had for eons needless to say... Then having all FedEx shipment routed to my day job address also helps. I just have to buy periodic lunches for our receiving people. Believe me, it took years to figure all these out.

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
One advantage I have is that I have so many stuff in the house, it is hard for my wife to differentiate what's new and what's been there for years. Of course, I had that Nagra IV-S for ages...she just didn't see it before since it was tucked behind a bigger machine I had for eons needless to say... Then having all FedEx shipment routed to my day job address also helps. I just have to buy periodic lunches for our receiving people. Believe me, it took years to figure all these out.

That's what we need is a guide for the newbie audiophile/tapehead. All the tricks us old dudes have learned over the years!

Come here Padawan!!

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio

Hey Ki,

I know where you are coming from. I have all my shipments come to my business address as well.
I don't live to far from my business so the ups & fedex drivers know to bring everything to to my business first.
The problem I run into is... sometimes... is when friends come to visit & bring their wives. I tell the friend or he sees what is new & tells his wife then in turn tells my wife... always a concern so I try to tell the friend first so to avoid a uncomfortable explanation to the wife :mad:

We could start a new thread: the wife deception factor!

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Hey Ki,

I know where you are coming from. I have all my shipments come to my business address as well.
I don't live to far from my business so the ups & fedex drivers know to bring everything to to my business first.
The problem I run into is... sometimes... is when friends come to visit & bring their wives. I tell the friend or he sees what is new & tells his wife then in turn tells my wife... always a concern so I try to tell the friend first so to avoid a uncomfortable explanation to the wife :mad:

We could start a new thread: the wife deception factor!

Hi Gary,

Nice to see you here.OT, FYI, I talked to Fred T about my deck and that deck with the time code option was mainly used for the film industry. Fred did not feel that the TC headstack was intended for critical playback or audiophile use. In fact he is going to sell that headstack and replace it.

regards,

Roger

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
That's what we need is a guide for the newbie audiophile/tapehead. All the tricks us old dudes have learned over the years!

Come here Padawan!!

Next subject should be on necessary - fine art of Creative Financing and Money Laundering - while focusing on how much mega $$$ the recorders you have are fetching on eBay these days. In my case, I got huge mileage out of the recent Nagra T Audio sale on eBay that went for the record amount of $10,100, and she knows I have at least two...meanwhile forgetting to mention the new amps and speakers you just got are worth 1/2 of what you paid on a good day...

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Next subject should be on necessary - fine art of Creative Financing and Money Laundering - while focusing on how much mega $$$ the recorders you have are fetching on eBay these days. In my case, I got huge mileage out of the recent Nagra T Audio sale on eBay that went for the record amount of $10,100, and she knows I have at least two...meanwhile forgetting to mention the new amps and speakers you just got are worth 1/2 of what you paid on a good day...

I'd have to further the curriculum with "Conditioning" and "Art of the Hustle".

When I first met my wife, you would have thought I killed her best friend when I said this powercord cost $4k. Now... anything under $50k, she don't even bat an eye! Now THAT's "Conditioning"!

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
I'd have to further the curriculum with "Conditioning" and "Art of the Hustle".

When I first met my wife, you would have thought I killed her best friend when I said this powercord cost $4k. Now... anything under $50k, she don't even bat an eye! Now THAT's "Conditioning"!

Wow Dr. Bruce... I am not worthy...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing