How to Play Tidal on Innuos?

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Can anyone explain how you're playing Tidal on Innuos/Squeezebox? I've been trying to set up Tidal to play on Innuos but the setup is not as straight-forward as I would like. As far as I can tell, the only option to control Tidal is an Android app like Orange Squeeze (I don't have an iPhone). I would prefer to control the server from a desktop PC with Windows 10, especially if I can find a player similar to the Tidal desktop app.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
just install Roon and use the Innuos as Roon Core.
Than Tidal gets integrated into Roon and will work smooth and perfect.

You can control Roon from your desktop PC.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I use iPeng on my iOS devices but have also not found a good way to control it from a Mac using an app. You can control it from any browser though by accessing it at port 9000. My Zenith‘s IP address is 10.0.0.194. The URL that follows will allow me to squeezebox playback from any web browser.

Roon is the better way to go in terms of usability but doesn’t sound as good. Innuos going to be releasing an update that should have a new music player but they’ve been moving at a glacial pace. Roon is a lot easier but doesn’t sound as good.

Last edited:

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Roon is the better way to go in terms of usability but doesn’t sound as good. Innuos going to be releasing an update that should have a new music player but they’ve been moving at a glacial pace. Roon is a lot easier but doesn’t sound as good.

I'm not too interested in Roon after they raised the price. After using the Tidal Windows desktop app I found the Roon UI to be rather inferior for my preference. I'm a bit confused at the idea of one player not sounding as good as another. My understanding is that the driver embedded in the OS (selected within and used by the player) controls the sound quality and that the player just controls operations like Stop/Start. Am I missing something?

You can control it from any browser though by accessing it at port 9000. My Zenith‘s IP address is 10.0.0.194. The URL that follows will allow me to squeezebox playback from any web browser.

I wasn't able to follow this. I can access my.innuos.com to get to the Innuos menu but there is no player in this menu.

There are a number of Squeeze controllers for Windows (I assume they pretty much all suck), but I'm missing some info about how things are working on the back end and how things are communicating. Maybe it has something to do with finding a player that supports DLNA or UPnP?

Edit: I do find an option for iPeng with Windows 10 (I thought this was only available for IOS); this uses the Android emulator app. iPeng looks like a cool app, so I may have to try this one. https://windowsden.uk/767266886/ipeng

Last edited:

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Mark at WellPleasedAV recommends Squeeze Control for Windows.

td19

Sep 29, 2017
There are a number of Squeeze controllers for Windows (I assume they pretty much all suck), but I'm missing some info about how things are working on the back end and how things are communicating. Maybe it has something to do with finding a player that supports DLNA or UPnP?

Edit: I do find an option for iPeng with Windows 10 (I thought this was only available for IOS); this uses the Android emulator app. iPeng looks like a cool app, so I may have to try this one. https://windowsden.uk/767266886/ipeng
If you have Squeezebox Server on the Innuos you can access Tidal by enabling the Tidal plugin under Settings/Plugins:

1609104147490.png

You must also have a mysqueezebox.com account, have entered your mysqueezebox credentials under Settings/mysqueezebox.com:

1609104380088.png

... and, at www.mysqueezebox.com, under My Apps, added Tidal to the list and entered your Tidal credentials.

Tidal will then show under Apps in Squeezebox on a Windows PC, and also show in iPeng and Orange Squeeze.

If you also enable the Online Music Integration plugin your Tidal, and Qobuz, favourites will be integrated with your own music library.

td19

Sep 29, 2017
Further to my last post, and after investigation, I am not sure which Innuos servers run Squeezebox Server, aka Logitech Media Server. It appears the Zenith and Wave may have done, but possibly not the more recent models?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing