I said I would never buy another Turntable...Argh !!!

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Cristian have you been eaten by a bear ? Give us some updates please !:)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Cristian have you been eaten by a bear ? Give us some updates please !:)
A lot of snow. I think the big man is hibernating.

Tang :)

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
A lot of snow. I think the big man is hibernating.

Tang :)
I hope his power lines are not down, Pass amps sound bad on emergency
generators.:)

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i have over 4 feet of snow in my yard.....and it's still snowing. record setting amounts for here near Seattle. i suppose i need a new Barn pic for my posts.

yesterday it snowed a foot and i used my snow blower for my driveway so i could get into my garage. then overnight i got another 18 inches and i had to use my snow blower to get out of my driveway (and i have superior 4WD capability).

and my driveway is not short.

suppose to keep this up for the next 4-5 days. when i get home tonight more snow blowing. at least i have not lost power so i can still listen (although i'm exhausted from shoveling and snow blowing over the last week at home and work). my NG generator only covers the house, the barn gets dark and cold when the power is out.

Last edited:

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
i have over 4 feet of snow in my yard.....and it's still snowing. record setting amounts for here near Seattle. i suppose i need a new Barn pic for my posts.

yesterday it snowed a foot and i used my snow blower for my driveway so i could get into my garage. then overnight i got another 18 inches and i had to use my snow blower to get out of my driveway.

and my driveway is not short.

suppose to keep this up for the next 4-5 days. when i get home tonight more snow blowing. at least i have not lost power so i can still listen (although i'm exhausted from shoveling and snow blowing over the last week at home and work). my NG generator only covers the house, the barn gets dark and cold when the power is out.
That's funny we like snow in our driveway and told the HOA not blow it away, I even park one of the cars sideways in front so they can't get in with their plow. Also a lot of beautiful snow the past week, love it!

david

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
That's funny we like snow in our driveway and told the HOA not blow it away, I even park one of the cars sideways in front so they can't get in with their plow. Also a lot of beautiful snow the past week, love it!

david

i did not say i did not like the snow. i live in the mountains partly because i love extreme weather. it's awesome. OTOH i have a job where i have to be there every day. if i'm not there then everyone else has an excuse. so i'm always there. which makes me clear the driveway. i even don't mind doing that except at 6am it's not so much fun.

and.....i have to walk from my house to the barn. right now i have 5 foot walls for that pathway. kinda cool but lots of shoveling.

and at 67 years old, a week of this stuff does have me aching and gasping.

one cool thing is our bird feeders and watching hundreds of birds feed as their other food sources have gone away. i have three large ones and have to fill them every night. but they put on quite a show. my wife gets to watch it all day.

Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
i did not say i did not like the snow. i live in the mountains partly because i love extreme weather. it's awesome. OTOH i have a job where i have to be there every day. if i'm not there then everyone else has an excuse. so i'm always there. which makes me clear the driveway. i even don't mind doing that except at 6am it's not so much fun.

and.....i have to walk from my house to the barn. right now i have 5 foot walls for that pathway. kinda cool but lots of shoveling.

and at 67 years old, a week of this stuff does have me aching and gasping.
I just crawled around in the attic for 2 hours to install a extra dedicated line
for my new phono preamp, and finished the day by stacking 2000kg
wood pellets for my furnace. I’m 54 with the stamina of a 80 year old.
I’m going to sleep well tonight.:)

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
It's not snowing in the UK.
I didn't lift a finger today.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I’m 54 with the stamina of a 80 year old.
I’m going to sleep well tonight.:)

You should do stem cells instead of Highend Show in Germany man. Life suppose to begin when you are 60.

Kindest regards,
Tang

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
You should do stem cells instead of Highend Show in Germany man. Life suppose to begin when you are 60.

Kindest regards,
Tang
No money for stem cells, i got equipment to buy. ;)
And i look like a young 80 year old

Attachments

• 94E736FB-B4CE-42C5-88C9-C060E3A80FB3.jpeg
    94E736FB-B4CE-42C5-88C9-C060E3A80FB3.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Tango

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I looked out our window. I don’t see any snow at all.

Reactions: Lagonda and Folsom

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Update...Floor stabilization/support project appears to be a success. I still don't have the big TT here yet (AS2000). Bass was an issue (overpowering) when speakers were close to the windows/walls on initial setup (24"). Pulling the speakers out in the room balanced and tightened the bass also giving more soundstage layering depth. They are now 4' from rear wall. The speakers are still on casters and it will be interesting to see if I prefer Stillpoints Ultra 5's for footers or the Wilson Puppy Paw spikes. I plan to leave them on casters for a few more months to make sure I have the optimal location. The speaker spread (from middle of cone drivers) will stand at 9' with my ears back around 12', 42" off the ground. That's it for now.

Fresh snow storm today/tonight to snowmobile in tomorrow....:D

Last edited:

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Christian, your room looks amazing. I am sure it sounds equally well.

P.S. Love the Sony PCM-R500!

Reactions: rockitman

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing