I said I would never buy another Turntable...Argh !!!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The X-2 Bass Cabinet is more like 400lbs. Brutal move up out of the dungeon. In the end, success. Lifting straps no go. Appliance dolly, the only way. They are in the new home. View attachment 47279 Initial position will be 9ft spread, sitting 12-13ft. back for starters.

Good progress, Christian!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I'm hoping for no control needed....Traps/diffusers are freaking ugly. Aesthetic is important in the new space to a degree.

Totally agree with you. No tampons pls.

Tang

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I'm hoping for no control needed....Traps/diffusers are freaking ugly. Aesthetic is important in the new space to a degree.
That room is so big, its going to have a ecco ....ecco....ecco....ecco !! :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
That room is so big, its going to have a ecco ....ecco....ecco....ecco !! :)
Are you using a lot of tampons in your executive blue chamber Lagonda.

Tang :p

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Are you using a lot of tampons in your executive blue chamber Lagonda.

Tang :p
I hide my tricks behind a lot of curtains, like a magician ! ;) No tampons.

Attachments

• 4560D428-F624-40CF-AE51-57661D890FD0.jpeg
    4560D428-F624-40CF-AE51-57661D890FD0.jpeg
    450.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Reactions: GMKF and jeff1225

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
The X-2 Bass Cabinet is more like 400lbs. Brutal move up out of the dungeon. In the end, success. Lifting straps no go. Appliance dolly, the only way. They are in the new home. View attachment 47279 Initial position will be 9ft spread, sitting 12-13ft. back for starters.

Great work, it looks promising. Beware with these castor wheels - your beautiful floor looks too nice to be marked. I always protect my wood floor with large 1/8" MDF panels when moving and setting speakers on castors.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Christian, stupid as it might seem, a fairly major reason why I didn't site my gear down here in the main Chapel signature space of 35x30x20, which could have been amazing for music reproduction, was the fact I'd need to plaster the walls and other surfaces w acoustic treatments, and this would have been totally incongruous and downright ugly w such a beautiful space adorned w original panelling, wainscotting, ballustrading etc.

And w the copious slap echo in this space, those panels would have been plentiful and totally visually jarring.

For this amongst other reasons I decided to spend the $80k needed to create the bespoke loft space. Here I can treat the walls to my ears' content.

I do hope you get lucky and not have to do much to tame your beautiful new room. For me, I wouldn't have been fortunate.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Christian, stupid as it might seem, a fairly major reason why I didn't site my gear down here in the main Chapel signature space of 35x30x20, which could have been amazing for music reproduction, was the fact I'd need to plaster the walls and other surfaces w acoustic treatments, and this would have been totally incongruous and downright ugly w such a beautiful space adorned w original panelling, wainscotting, ballustrading etc.

And w the copious slap echo in this space, those panels would have been plentiful and totally visually jarring.

For this amongst other reasons I decided to spend the $80k needed to create the bespoke loft space. Here I can treat the walls to my ears' content.

I do hope you get lucky and not have to do much to tame your beautiful new room. For me, I wouldn't have been fortunate.

I dunno, at that size you probably wouldn't need much of anything.

Reactions: PeterA

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Nope, 118dB efficient Pnoe horns would be fine here w 1.46W Thomas Mayer 46 tube amps. Even in this 21000 cub ft space.

And whadya know, Christian is talking about horns for his new space...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Sacrilege Bob, pure sacrilege !

I apologize, you are right. It's a beautiful large room Christian has in his new large mansion surrounded by a beautiful large forest all around. The natural room's acoustics will cooperate; Christian has the right tools in his arsenal to make it happens...speakers positioning, angle, tilt, listener positioning, ...all that important jazz. It's a new year, a new beginning, a new home, a new music listening experience/journey.

* Can you imagine all the peace and tranquility there! No traffic, no neighbors making noise with their lawnmowers @ 8:00 in the morning, no police car's sirens, no airport, nothing but only wildlife with the sounds of birds, wind between the trees, snow falling, and a clear view on all the billions of stars in the sky @ night. The music will sound sweet there I'm sure of it; she's in good hands, Christian's hands and ears.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Nice picture of Jerry!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing