I said I would never buy another Turntable...Argh !!!

I am a simple fellow. I am looking forward to one phono stage and one turntable and, at the very most, two tonearms and two cartridges.

I am a simple fellow. I am looking forward to one phono stage and one turntable and, at the very most, two tonearms and two cartridges.

That how it all starts Ron. Ortofon SPU’s are cheap and sound great. David is currently mounting my Koetsu Tiger Eye. Can’t wait to hear it on the AS.

The finished product looks wonderful, you should be proud David.

Totally agree on this.

If Mr.Resnick and Mr.Lavigne dont mind, could you move up my ETD David?
And also add one of those 3012R as a topping for me too :p.

Kind regards,
Tang

Last edited:
AS_TT_Air.jpg
As an architect and designer......I'm wondering if the embossed 'tooling' marks on the plinth was a casualty of 'costings'....?
I really liked that finishing aesthetic.....:eek:

Thank you everyone! :)

While based on the older design the AS-2000 is really a new turntable with some key upgrades, I’m happy to say that it is going even deeper “Beyond”!

david

David,

Congratulations on bringing this to fruition, I know only too well that these projects are 'all consuming', both in time and energy, mental and physical, but it seems like you have created a reference piece there, really - well done! And to those that have put the funds on the table for them, without you these projects can stall so easily, so bravo to you all too..

Happy Xmas to you all..

Paul.

As an architect and designer......I'm wondering if the embossed 'tooling' marks on the plinth was a casualty of 'costings'....?
I really liked that finishing aesthetic.....:eek:

Not embossed it’s surface tool scraped, a technique which is still practiced by some but finding someone with artistic talents to make the pattern aesthetically pleasing was always a challenge and even more so today. The AS-2000 is a new turntable and not a nostalgic resurrected copy of the older model the different finish was a conscious decision and nothing to do with cost. The “shimmer silk” finish and logo are very striking but hard to photograph, the casual looking picture above took me a couple of hours of lightning and a high end studio camera setup to shoot like that, I have to do the same for the AS-2000...

david

the analogue side of the house is something that does not resonate with me..

but i've got to say that AS2000 is an impressive piece....the geek in me just loves the attention to detail.

Not embossed it’s surface tool scraped, a technique which is still practiced by some but finding someone with artistic talents to make the pattern aesthetically pleasing was always a challenge and even more so today. The AS-2000 is a new turntable and not a nostalgic resurrected copy of the older model the different finish was a conscious decision and nothing to do with cost. The “shimmer silk” finish and logo are very striking but hard to photograph, the casual looking picture above took me a couple of hours of lightning and a high end studio camera setup to shoot like that, I have to do the same for the AS-2000...

david

David,

Although I appreciate the fine photos showing the exquisite finish, I would appreciate a lot more of few photos of the disassembled air bearing and air system ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing