installing 7 Furutech GTX-D NFC (R) outlets this morning

Dear Frank,

I am glad that members who switch to the NCF outlets are very pleased with the differences they hear. I remain puzzled how changing less than an inch of the series of connectors and many feet of wires providing power to one or more components of the stereo can make such big and positive differences to the sound.

Would you please describe the sonic differences you hear and which you attribute to the NCF outlet? Why, exactly, are you "amazed"? What are the "fairly significant" improvements "across the board"?

Thank you!
Better, tighter bass was an immediate benefit. Soundstage seems more 3 dimensional with more stable instrument focus in the stage. Mids and highs are smoother with same great detail but more pleasing to listen to.

I'm amazed because I really didn't expect to hear what I'm hearing, that's why I bought only one. Especially considering I already had all GTX D (R) installed. The difference is not insignificant. Yes, it's different but to my ears better.

The only change made was the swap of one NCF for one GTX D. My amps are still plugged into GTX D (R) outlets. Probably not for long though.

Better, tighter bass was an immediate benefit. Soundstage seems more 3 dimensional with more stable instrument focus in the stage. Mids and highs are smoother with same great detail but more pleasing to listen to.

I'm amazed because I really didn't expect to hear what I'm hearing, that's why I bought only one. Especially considering I already had all GTX D (R) installed. The difference is not insignificant. Yes, it's different but to my ears better.

The only change made was the swap of one NCF for one GTX D. My amps are still plugged into GTX D (R) outlets. Probably not for long though.

That's what I have...GTX D (R). I was really questioning the necessity to change them out to NFC. Perhaps I will give two a go for the power amps. I really see little need to change out the source one, since all source components are plugged in a PS Audio P5. Maybe I need to change out the outlets in the P5 to NFC....

That's what I have...GTX D (R). I was really questioning the necessity to change them out to NFC. Perhaps I will give two a go for the power amps. I really see little need to change out the source one, since all source components are plugged in a PS Audio P5. Maybe I need to change out the outlets in the P5 to NFC....

I go directly into the wall now with pre, phono and amps. Took out rack mount conditioners shortly after installing the Torus panel.
Like I said, I didn't expect anything going from the GTX D to NCF but even one makes a pretty big improvement.

If it hadn't been Mike touting them, I probably wouldn't have given them a second thought but I tend to listen when he talks.

I go directly into the wall now with pre, phono and amps. Took out rack mount conditioners shortly after installing the Torus panel.
Like I said, I didn't expect anything going from the GTX D to NCF but even one makes a pretty big improvement.

If it hadn't been Mike touting them, I probably wouldn't have given them a second thought but I tend to listen when he talks.

well I just bought one duplex with cnc aluminum mounting plate and fancy CF cover....$550.00 per duplex basically. (The other duplex sans NCF will make an easy a/b compare for the amps.

1 FURUTECH 104-D Duplex Receptacle Cover Eutectic Brass w/Carbon Fiber for Ultimate Dampening and EMI/RF Rejection (FT-D20AFP-15A-N1/FP-20A-N1) FTECH-71057 $111.00 $111.00
1 FURUTECH GTX Aluminum Wall Plate, Deluxe Wall Receptacles FTECH-75345 $160.00 $160.00
1 Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) FTECH-81015 $260.00 $260.00

http://www.partsconnexion.com/ac_furutech_plug.html

:cool::cool:

well I just bought one duplex with cnc aluminum mounting plate and fancy CF cover....$550.00 per duplex basically. (The other duplex sans NCF will make an easy a/b compare for the amps.

1 FURUTECH 104-D Duplex Receptacle Cover Eutectic Brass w/Carbon Fiber for Ultimate Dampening and EMI/RF Rejection (FT-D20AFP-15A-N1/FP-20A-N1) FTECH-71057 $111.00 $111.00
1 FURUTECH GTX Aluminum Wall Plate, Deluxe Wall Receptacles FTECH-75345 $160.00 $160.00
1 Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) FTECH-81015 $260.00 $260.00

http://www.partsconnexion.com/ac_furutech_plug.html

:cool::cool:

I already have the mounting plates and carbon fiber covers so I ONLY had to pay $279 for a cooked NCF outlet. I'll probably buy 2 more to replace the GTX D outlets supplying my amps but 2016 was supposed to be vinyl only and zero on hardware.

I already have the mounting plates and carbon fiber covers so I ONLY had to pay $279 for a cooked NCF outlet. I'll probably buy 2 more to replace the GTX D outlets supplying my amps but 2016 was supposed to be vinyl only and zero on hardware.

They emailed me and took off 20% on the order after the fact. $424.00 per duplex outlet now...
Outlet alone price with discount is: $208.00

my dealer should arrive shortly. I've just spent the last hour disassembling my gear so he can get to the outlets unobstructed.

http://www.furutech.com/2015/11/18/12066/

I have 10 of the previous model GTX-D (R) with Oyaide WPC-Z outlet covers. since I'm doing this upgrade I'm also upgrading the outlet covers to the Furutech GTX outlet frames and 104 carbon fibre covers.

I wonder how much tearing everything apart will impact the settling of the Tripoint Troy Signature and Entreq Silver Tellus and Poseidon?

if I like these i'll do my 3 other outlets (one is a 4 gang set-up for my tape decks).

Mike, can you suggest the best receptacle to start with? Everything except my amp is plugged into one dedicated receptacle, the amp in another.

I'm on hour 7 of a listening session where I'm finding it hard to believe what just one of these outlets has done in my system. And it's not fully broken in yet. I just ordered two more for the amps. Hard to believe that $279 for an electrical outlet is a good value but this thing is no marginal upgrade, even from the GTX-D (R). As things go in this hobby, I feel like I've got a steal here.

Everything except my amp is plugged into one dedicated receptacle, the amp in another.

So how does this work, if for all the components are plugged into one dedicated receptacle via a regen/conditioner/power bar, will changing the wall receptacle change the sound? Or will changing the receptacles on your distribution strip make it better?

So how does this work, if for all the components are plugged into one dedicated receptacle via a regen/conditioner/power bar, will changing the wall receptacle change the sound? Or will changing the receptacles on your distribution strip make it better?

Every power connection is a bottleneck to performance. I have found that every outlet, contact, conductor can impact the overall sound. The NCF technology in the receptacles and plugs (FI-50 NCF) seam to lift a veil so to speak and become less of a bottleneck to performance. So the effect is additive, every where the NCF technology is applied, the better. What is difficult is to determine priority, where best to start. Logically, it would be best to start at the most significant choke point, like a receptacle feeding a conditioner or power distribution strip. However, as usual YMMV.

Check out my white paper to give additional insight: http://www.kosmic.us/KOSMIC White Paper - Why Power Cables Matter - First Edition - May 2015.pdf

Another thing I have found recently is how much improvement is possible with ultra clean contacts. I have found an amazing cleaner/enhancer from Asia I will be writing about in the future. Very exciting.

Guys , for people on this side of the pond
does furutech have a English / UK equivalent to the " furutech GTX-D NFC ( R) which may be of useful improvement for AC power !
I noticed Europe has a similar unswitched equivalent AC power unit

I added 2 more of the NFC outlets, now have 3 total. Pre amp and Phono pre plugged into one and one for each amp. One of the best additions and most cost effective I've made since getting into high end in the mid 80s.

Again, I want to thank Mike Lavigne for shining a light on this truly great product from Furutech.

I added 2 more of the NFC outlets, now have 3 total. Pre amp and Phono pre plugged into one and one for each amp. One of the best additions and most cost effective I've made since getting into high end in the mid 80s.

Again, I want to thank Mike Lavigne for shining a light on this truly great product from Furutech.

I can't wait for my kit to arrive.

I can't wait for my kit to arrive.

Me too ! With trepidation though , my rig at the moment is nicely balanced . Worried that substituting the NCF for the GTX-D R ,will cause a tonal shift . Any such occurrence ? .... In the name of progress ..... Following Fearless Mike !

Me too ! With trepidation though , my rig at the moment is nicely balanced . Worried that substituting the NCF for the GTX-D R ,will cause a tonal shift . Any such occurrence ? .... In the name of progress ..... Following Fearless Mike !

I'm doing the same switch. I'm just hoping to hear a difference

i know how you feel, but rest easy i went from gold to these NCF and tone was not adversely affected. its just better right out the box. its not bright, its not weird in the top end. just clean but not sterile. i dont know about going from what you have but i would think it will be less affecting than where i came from. so dont worry.

for me bass was the biggest improvement with no down sides elsewhere .

its not jaw dropping, just a little better.. you will get used to it and forget you done it in no time, just like every other tweak. its worth it imo.

I'm not sure what others would consider jaw dropping, guess it's a matter of opinion. And maybe the degree of improvement is system or electrical mains dependent. I will say the improvement I've enjoyed is significant not only in regards to bass but other areas I've outline previously.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing