installing 7 Furutech GTX-D NFC (R) outlets this morning

Just finished my install of my GTX NCF kit for the power amps. Looking forward to hearing an improvement once broken in and settled.

Hi Christian,

Who makes the black wall plates surrounding the cover plates? are the wall plates conductive or insulators?

Are the cover plates NCF or regular carbon fiber?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you.

I see the wall plates are conductive.

So are people using rubber grommets and nonconductive outlet boxes to achieve an isolated ground with the receptacles?

Thank you.

I see the wall plates are conductive.

So are people using rubber grommets and nonconductive outlet boxes to achieve an isolated ground with the receptacles?
In my case no rubber grommets.... My outlet boxes are non conductive blue hi impact pvc plastic...not metal.

Edit: to answer your other questions, the cover plate is carbon weave but appears to be covering another material underneath(Brass). The mounting plate is a metal alloy. There is a Teflon gasket that goes between the CF outer outlet cover and the metal mounting plate.

Attachments

• 9b6f675d-48a6-4e89-9404-e15ed92d999b_1000.jpg
    9b6f675d-48a6-4e89-9404-e15ed92d999b_1000.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 733
Last edited:
Thank you, Christian!

The newly installed NCF are driving me batty , they were run in for about 50 hrs before being shipped to me . However it seems , they will require a lot more time to come good . Where there was deep bass with the standard GTX R , there is now a distant cloudy rumble . The HF fluctuates from listenable to steely highs . Having said that , their superiority over the GTX is evident , a wider deeper stage even in these trying times . More detail is evident in times the sound is listenable, especially on tracks that are not bass driven . Haven't lost hope , think they will come good eventually

Patience is very important on those situations.
A lot of thoghts will be turning on your head.
I'm still cooking 4 Siltechs, 1 Octopus and 1 Rhodium wall outlet from 3 weeks ago.

Yes, they do take a while. I'd like to see the break in naysayers justify what they're hearing with these outlets.

Len,

this is the one you want.

http://www.furutech.com/2015/11/18/12066/

with this frame and cover.

http://www.vhaudio.com/furutech-gtx-wall-frame.pdf

I'd get two and do your amp too. Christian is getting that same package. I am using 7 of those and they are the real deal.

best wishes.

I've had the Furutech/GTX-D NCF(R) supplying power to my EMM Labs XDS1 and JRDG Corus for about a month now. No question this change resulted in better dynamics, the low end is very obvious. I've lowered the listening volume slightly on a number of my recordings since the install. I'm using an Isoclean/ICP-003G for my JRDG 625 now, but I'm definitely going to upgrade that soon. Thanks, Mike.

Last edited:
I've had the Furutech/GTX-D NCF(R) supplying power to my EMM Labs XDS1 and JRDG Corus for about a month now. No question this change resulted in better dynamics, the low end is very obvious. I've lowered the listening volume slightly on a number of my recordings since the install. I'm using an Isoclean/ICP-003G for my JRDG 625 now, but I'm definitely going to upgrade that soon. Thanks, Mike.

Len,

you are most welcome.

I'm glad they worked out for you.

next up; add the NCF plugs, IEC and male, to your power cords.

Mike

Hi Jazz.
Does your sound improving?

Hi there , thanks for inquiring . I feel they have stabilized as of now and if anything should improve with time . Heightened transparency/resolution over the GTX D R outlets they replaced . More truer in delivery , which in turn means more demanding of set up . I had to improve on house keeping duties , to fully harvest the bounty they bring to the table . For me , this meant DIY stents to mange micro vibs generated from play in line and power cables . Basic supports at connection points. To reduce play between cable connectors at connection points to components . Over all a much more refined sound , the ease and relaxed nature now bedding in with a more holographic reach out and touch stage . A Definite definite step up , from the standard GTX , owners of which would do well to investigate the NCF. Many thanks to Mike L for the heads up . Cheers !

Last edited:
Hi there , thanks for inquiring . I feel they have stabilized as of now and if anything should improve with time . Heightened transparency/resolution over the GTX D R outlets they replaced . More truer in delivery , which in turn means more demanding of set up . I had to improve on house keeping duties , to fully harvest the bounty they bring to the table . For me , this meant DIY stents to mange micro vibs generated from play in line and power cables . Basic supports at connection points to reduce play between cable connectors at connection points to components . Over all a much more refined sound , the ease and relaxed nature now bedding in with a more holographic reach and touch stage . A Definite definite step up from the standard GTX , owners of which would do well to investigate the NCF. Many thanks to Mike L , for the heads up . Cheers !

Jazzhead,

great to hear that you have found the net gain in performance from the upgrade. it can be painful to find the right balance for 'new' additional truth in our systems. sometimes that new truth will tell you about issues previously unknown. I had the same issues as I needed to readjust my crossover when I added the NCF plugs to my amplifier power cords.

our systems are all about synergy and balance. and I find it enjoyable to observe cause and effect with changes as it adds to my understanding of how things work.

enjoy.

I got in a set of FI-50 NCF plugs and will put them on one of my PL power cables, which is a litz-wire/litz-braid design, and compare to the regular FI-50s. I also have a GTX NCF receptacle on the way and can compare that to my standard GTX receptacle (with wall plate and cover), which feeds one of my modded SurgeX devices that also use GTX receptacles. My SurgeX also uses a top end Furutech 20 amp IEC inlet and the 20-amp power cable feeding it uses Furutech FI-52 IEC and FI-50 AC plug. Many of my components also have Furutech IEC inlets and are powered with my PL power cables using FI-50 plugs. Using all Furutech AC parts, especially their top of the line parts, throughout the system makes for a pretty massive improvement.

Hi Jazz.
Glad to know your are on the right way.
I'm still cooking all my cables, connectors and power distributor.

I apologize if someone already addressed this up in the thread.

Do you happen to know what kind of wall boxes your electricians are using with these receptacles? These receptacles are extra deep AND extra wide. I have some GTX-D R receptacles and they don't fit in my "old fashioned" duplex receptacle metal wall boxes; the wall boxes are too narrow. Thanks.

P
I got in a set of FI-50 NCF plugs and will put them on one of my PL power cables, which is a litz-wire/litz-braid design, and compare to the regular FI-50s. I also have a GTX NCF receptacle on the way and can compare that to my standard GTX receptacle (with wall plate and cover), which feeds one of my modded SurgeX devices that also use GTX receptacles. My SurgeX also uses a top end Furutech 20 amp IEC inlet and the 20-amp power cable feeding it uses Furutech FI-52 IEC and FI-50 AC plug. Many of my components also have Furutech IEC inlets and are powered with my PL power cables using FI-50 plugs. Using all Furutech AC parts, especially their top of the line parts, throughout the system makes for a pretty massive improvement.

Verdict?

looks like my local audio club will have their June meeting in my room on the evening of June 14th (25-30 audio friends). so....I'm pulling the trigger on the Furutech NCF outlets and for the dual duplex outlet and the Furutech plugs for the three power cords for my 2 Studer A-820's (one 1/4" and one 1/2") and my King-Cello tape repro.

the rest of the system has been enjoying the benefits of that better power now for 2-3 months and if I was ever going to give my tape decks that same advantage I might as well do it now. I've paid for them already and they should be installed within the week.

I'm excited to hear what better power can do for the already astonishingly wonderful tape.

that will give me a total of 12 power cords with the NCF plugs (both male and IEC), and 11 NFC duplex outlets.

Last edited:
looks like my local audio club will have their June meeting in my room on the evening of June 14th (25-30 audio friends). so....I'm pulling the trigger on the Furutech NCF outlets and for the dual duplex outlet and the Furutech plugs for the three power cords for my 2 Studer A-820's (one 1/4" and one 1/2") and my King-Cello tape repro.

the rest of the system has been enjoying the benefits of that better power now for 2-3 months and if I was ever going to give my tape decks that same advantage I might as well do it now. I've paid for them already and they should be installed within the week.

I'm excited to hear what better power can do for the already astonishingly wonderful tape.

that will give me a total of 12 power cords with the NCF plugs (both male and IEC), and 11 NFC duplex outlets.

my dealer Joe just left. the NCF duplex outlets are on back order (likely somewhat my own damn fault) for a few more weeks......but he did receive the 6 NFC plugs for my 3 power cords for the -2- A-820's and the King Cello tape repro. and he installed them earlier this afternoon on the 3 Absolute Power PC's.

then we listened to tape.......on both the 1/2" and 1/4" machines. completely raw and not broken in they were a very nice upgrade in performance. more extended, finer detail, and more lively and vivid.....a greater degree of "suspension of dis-belief".......... high level tape has such a high ceiling of performance that when you improve something like power delivery or lower noise the payoff is easy to hear.

as the tapes we played are a bit 'underground' I cannot really describe them other than the 1/2" Tape Project 'Kurt Elling' "Flirting With Twilight". Kurt's vocals were simply real, the gestalt of the recording overwhelming.

maybe the best recorded music playback I've yet heard. and once I get these power cords on the cable cooker they will be a little better based on my previous experience, as well as once the NCF duplex outlets get installed it will get a little better yet.

maybe Joe will chime in.

your RTR tape front end needs this upgrade. you won't regret it and it will be the most cost effective way to go further.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu