Introducing My System

I'm fascinated you say that a hybrid OTL is close to indistinguishable from one of the most powerful SETs out there.
I get that it's the same designer.
But no-one's ever "confused" (lol) an OTL for a SET before.
Even more so, a hybrid.
I may have misread your comment.

Anyway, you can read my sound impressions of the amps in one of the earlier posts.

Last edited:
We are proudly making you a wonderful pair of Studio Plus. It's of course a product designed by hardcore Apogee freaks with a dedicated team of around 10 people behind it. It's an evolutionary product, not a fixer upper and just like you, I also have some spare Apogees around :)

Between me and the boys in Vietnam we have every Apogee ever made. We also have Graz restored pairs, Henk restored pairs, our own restored pairs and even had some DIS parts.

We love the classics, but the limitations are very obvious and to quote the former technical Project Manager of Apogee Acoustics. "I wish I had access to the materials back in the day like you do now", when we met at Axpona 2023.

Cheers

Reactions: Ron Resnick
I'm fascinated you say that a hybrid OTL is close to indistinguishable from one of the most powerful SETs out there.
I get that it's the same designer.
But no-one's ever "confused" (lol) an OTL for a SET before.
Even more so, a hybrid.
I had a NAT single ended hybrid (which was also OTL) in the past and while it sounded very interesting, it didn’t sound like a SET or an OTL.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing