Introduction of my new Antipodes K50 Music Server

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
kennyb123,

We have talked privately about improving the Dave's power supply. I don't want to change it myself. I would be more open to the idea if I could send it out and have it done for $5K or so, but not $7-10K.
I used to have the SJ DC4 power supply and a Dave. You CAN change it yourself. It takes 10 minutes and is very, very easy. I am technically incompetent and I did it comfortably. Sean sends you a .pdf with pictures and everything. It is so simple. No need send it away, And the Dave with that PSU is in another league!!

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
Scott is one of the best audio dealers in the business, hands down. Verdant Audio experiences have been stellar for me in all ways—service, communication, etc. Scott loves audio and is extremely helpful. My system wouldn’t be at the place it is if he hadn’t helped me so much!

Of course, not affiliated in any way; just a very happy customer.
Always great to hear good news about a dealer.

Reactions: Sampajanna

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Scott is one of the best audio dealers in the business, hands down. Verdant Audio experiences have been stellar for me in all ways—service, communication, etc. Scott loves audio and is extremely helpful. My system wouldn’t be at the place it is if he hadn’t helped me so much!

Of course, not affiliated in any way; just a very happy customer.
Another happy customer of Scott’s. I was able to audition a K50 for a few weeks which was key to my decision to purchase. Scott was great to work with.

Reactions: bryans

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
kennyb123,

We have talked privately about improving the Dave's power supply. I don't want to change it myself. I would be more open to the idea if I could send it out and have it done for $5K or so, but not $7-10K.
A friend just shared that he upgraded from the DC3 to the DC3 to the DC4-ARC6 powering his DAVE. He also has an Extreme but would prioritize this ahead of the Extreme as it delivers just as much of an impact for a fraction of the price. He’ll be posting his observations online in the not too distant future

speakerlust

Mar 26, 2011
Uh oh, paraphrasing the "Sopranos", just when you think you're out, they pull you back in again. I have a DC4 powering my PF Buffalo, but have so far resisted the ARC6.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Uh oh, paraphrasing the "Sopranos", just when you think you're out, they pull you back in again. I have a DC4 powering my PF Buffalo, but have so far resisted the ARC6.
The ARC6 upgrade is a pretty big deal from what I have heard. And that quote came from Godfather 3, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the wise-guys quoted it in the Sopranos.

thunder99

Jul 11, 2016
Hi guys Im just contemplating a K50 and was wondering if it would be possible to use Roon (&Tidal) Core+DSP with HQplayer to upsample into DSD256 which is then passed to the DAC (Have a DAVE). Would the K50 be able to handle this processing without any issues? Is there anyone that does it already? Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
And that quote came from Godfather 3, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the wise-guys quoted it in the Sopranos.
Correct :cool:

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Hi guys Im just contemplating a K50 and was wondering if it would be possible to use Roon (&Tidal) with HQplayer to upsample into DSD256 which is then passed to the DAC (Have a DAVE). Would the K50 be able to handle this processing without any issues? Is there anyone that does it already? Many thanks in advance.
My K30 has done ok with DSD256 but not with one of the more CPU intensive modulators. For your DAVE, I would strongly recommend upscaling to 768K PCM using one of the sinc filters. I did this with the TT2 and still do it today with my current DAC when I am using Roon. The improvements are similar to what one hears with the M-Scaler but the M-Scaler takes it further.

Reactions: thunder99

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA

Mamon

Apr 13, 2021
Russia
I wonder what is the difference in sound, between K30 and K50. Has someone compared me? Now I'm listening to K30 for a month, but maybe K50 is much higher?

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA

richard_crl032

Sep 10, 2019
Singapore
For those who also missed an excellent read on almost entirety of streaming from Antipodes .. clock, usb, isolation, reclocker, i2s etc.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220817-182831_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220817-182831_Chrome.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: ICUToo

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
selling my K50 a year old. Not because it's not incredible, just going all analog. Will miss it for sure.

WAVE High Fidelity

Mar 4, 2021
Leics, UK
www.wavehighfidelity.com

F208Frank

Mar 27, 2020
New York
Anyone else using HDMI to connect to DAC with background hissing noise?

I have isolated everything (power cord, ethernet cord, dac, the dip switches to be compatible to DAC, the actual HDMI cable itself) and it seems to be the actual K50 HDMI causing this for me, AES and USB have no background noise whatsoever.

Anyone else using HDMI to connect to DAC with background hissing noise? So far seems like I am the only K50 owner experiencing this. Sigh.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing