Is this a good place to talk about Vimbergs ?

shaned

Nov 7, 2019
So got the Tidal Intra yesterday after a week of waiting for it to get through Customs Clearance from England, live in N Ireland. Tried it with my AMG Viella V12 And Benz LPS cartridge going through the Preos Phono Stage. With my much cheaper PMC speakers it struggled with the singing at times sounding very strained. But instruments sounded great with each final note disappearing into blackness rather than just kinda mixing into other instruments. New Orders Blue Monday from the Singles Boxset just had so much energy and drive to it that you can certainly notice the difference to my old Vitus RS 101 Power Amp. When the Amea’s turn up I’m sure they will take the music to another level that the PMC’s just can’t reach considering the Amea’s are 5 times the price. I do think the Tidal Preos and Intra combination work much better in combination rather than a pre and power from 2 different companies. Also have a Taiko Audio SGM Evo to add to the mix in a few months which should take my digital music to the same if not higher level than my analogue.

R S

Mar 13, 2021
So got the Tidal Intra yesterday after a week of waiting for it to get through Customs Clearance from England, live in N Ireland. Tried it with my AMG Viella V12 And Benz LPS cartridge going through the Preos Phono Stage. With my much cheaper PMC speakers it struggled with the singing at times sounding very strained. But instruments sounded great with each final note disappearing into blackness rather than just kinda mixing into other instruments. New Orders Blue Monday from the Singles Boxset just had so much energy and drive to it that you can certainly notice the difference to my old Vitus RS 101 Power Amp. When the Amea’s turn up I’m sure they will take the music to another level that the PMC’s just can’t reach considering the Amea’s are 5 times the price. I do think the Tidal Preos and Intra combination work much better in combination rather than a pre and power from 2 different companies. Also have a Taiko Audio SGM Evo to add to the mix in a few months which should take my digital music to the same if not higher level than my analogue.
Would be interested in an update. Looking at similar gear…. How are the Ameas with Tidal electronics plus Taiko?

R S

Mar 13, 2021
I have a pair of Vimberg Amea which I am very much enjoying. Obviously the Mino would have been a step up, as would the Tidal Piano but shared living space made the smaller visual footprint the way to go. That said, they are really excellent in their own right. Now thinking about further changes to electronics (currently Gryphon Diablo). Would be very interested in hearing from other Vimberg / Tidal owners on their experiences. Are Tidal electronics too much of a good thing or great synergy?

calloway

Nov 3, 2011
danville,va
I have a pair of Vimberg Amea which I am very much enjoying. Obviously the Mino would have been a step up, as would the Tidal Piano but shared living space made the smaller visual footprint the way to go. That said, they are really excellent in their own right. Now thinking about further changes to electronics (currently Gryphon Diablo). Would be very interested in hearing from other Vimberg / Tidal owners on their experiences. Are Tidal electronics too much of a good thing or great synergy?
RS...I have Tidal Contriva Diacera-SE speakers...prior to the G2 Contriva....and I like SET tube amps driving them best.I have heard the best Tidal speakers being driven by Tidal front end electronics and the sound is amazing...Vimberg speakers too.All Tidal speakers produce the most natural sound of any speaker...IMO...but I do like them driven by tube amps..

R S

Mar 13, 2021
Thanks for the input calloway… You have an amazing system! Your amps “sound” fantastic. I have had a brief listen to Contriva with Tidal electronics and it was very impressive.

RussR

Dec 30, 2017
Gold Coast ,Queensland,Australia
New owner of vimberg Tondas here. Absolutely love them. Have Had them 10 days.
Hello Biketony,
I have not heard the Vimbergs ,but I have heard the Tidal Piano G2's a very refined speaker.
I note you have the Aqua formula DAC and another Aqua digital product in your photo with the Nagra DAC in the shipping case,have you done most of the last 10 days listening to the Vimbergs with the Aqua Dac or is this with the Nagra Dac.
Can you elaborate in the differences between these DACs as I am very interested in them.
Thank you
Russ

Big B

May 4, 2014
I heard the Tonda today with the diamond tweeter. They most certainly add to the speaker and it is good but it is hard to justify the price.

Big B

May 4, 2014
I have had some time to break in the new speakers. Had some time to do some 2ch listening before the holidays. I'm impressed with how good this combination worked. Boulder 866/Vimberg Amea. They were extreme clear the 866 probably helped out on that. I found the experience very comfortable, not straining to pick anything out, effortless. I enjoyed my time.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing