JackD201 - Almost Done

I'm not complaining :) Wish it did DSD though. :(

Thanks Ron!

Hi Stevie, I use the CH Precision Stack alternating with the Light Harmonic Dual. The latter does native DSD while I believe the CH does conversion to 768 PCM via Anagram. My W20 is in for an update so for files I'm just currently using my MBP via USB. I keep on telling myself I'm gonna set up a NAS but the urge disappears every time the LPs start spinning. LOL. My IT guys are researching options for me. To be honest when it comes to computer proficiency I'm so far behind its laughable.

Thanks Ron!

Hi Stevie, I use the CH Precision Stack alternating with the Light Harmonic Dual. The latter does native DSD while I believe the CH does conversion to 768 PCM via Anagram. My W20 is in for an update so for files I'm just currently using my MBP via USB. I keep on telling myself I'm gonna set up a NAS but the urge disappears every time the LPs start spinning. LOL. My IT guys are researching options for me. To be honest when it comes to computer proficiency I'm so far behind its laughable.

I haven't listened to my server or anything digital in over 4 months

;) Yeah that happens alright. If it weren't for my music that's only ever been released in digital, that might be the case for me too. The AF1 moved the bar quite a bit. I could easily switch back and forth with my old table and arms. Now it takes a bit of adjustment to ease back into digital listening. I need to drop the levels and acclimate for a bit then I can go back up a little. If the recordings are meh (and most of the pop and dance stuff are just that...meh) I'm just glad I have tweeter autoformers and adjustable powered bass. It makes life so much easier.

My problem is I rarely buy classical in digital. I go straight to LP. That's pretty much the case with Jazz too. I don't cherry pick tracks and listen to albums through and through so there is very little inconvenience with LP where I am concerned. Well maybe with 45 RPM but even that isn't so bad. My contemporary stuff and music for more social gatherings is in digital. I do have a good stash of DSD in my W20, but until I get it back from the dealer. It's all good. Busy, busy, busy anyway.

I'm now shopping a 12" arm and a second cartridge form AF0

Whatcha looking at for the 12" ? I wouldn't mind having a 407 for my Koetsu. Greedy boy, I haven't even mounted my 2nd Elite yet!

By June 30 I'll be in cruise mode :cool:

Not considering mono rather a different flavor of stereo. Saw the static display of the SAT. Tres Cher $$$$

Possibly the next new iteration of the Airtight Supreme although a Koetsu Coralstone has caught my attention.

Can't go wrong with 3012. Great match for a Koetsu for sure.

Nope not yet. I made an inquiry but Motofumi-san said they were made to order. Had they had some in stock, I might have pulled the trigger. I chickened out eventually and allocated the funds towards their limited edition demo LP releases. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing