Just installed Nordost QX4 and Q Base 8 Mk2 in my system today

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have been playing around with power products and in particular products that I am able to use at the Audio Shows we participate in. Most hotel rooms have insufficient outlets and not the cleanest power.
I installed this today and I am letting it run in. My initial reaction is very positive as it is extremely quiet , like dead quiet, and really simple to use.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The Nordost QRT products & grounding products are both effective and have clean&tidy designs.

BTW The QRT is a collaboration/licence from Bill Stierhout.
Bill now has a new audio accessories company called Add-Powr and had a booth at Munich Hi-end 2019.
He and Nordost has separated?

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
Nordost Qkore 6 is also extremely effective. Sadly it is not a cost no object like Tripoint or other grounding scheme

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
The Nordost QRT products & grounding products are both effective and have clean&tidy designs.

BTW The QRT is a collaboration/licence from Bill Stierhout.
Bill now has a new audio accessories company called Add-Powr and had a booth at Munich Hi-end 2019.
He and Nordost has separated?
It has been reported that Nordost bought the QRT technology from Mr. Stierhout, but he never directly worked for them. His new work under the Add-Powr brand is his own and independent from Nordost.

Reactions: CKKeung

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I think after a day that there is nothing sad about these products they work great. They are affordable and they allow for future add ons without having to ditch what you already own. They don't come with power cords so they give the buyer some flexibility as to what level they want to spend.
I am using a Gobel power cord to the wall since I import them and think they are the "bomb" and some reasonable Nordost PC to the strips ( TYR 1 m).
My initial reactions are really positive with better 3 dimensional staging and although I did not think it possible the system is even quieter than before. The Divin Noblesse have incredibly dynamics and it is even better now.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Not sure what extreme means nor why one needs something that is extremely priced for it to be good.
Quality comes in many price ranges and some things are more expensive because they have to be.
Exotic materials, small quantities, very difficult and long labor times however this product works really well and I am looking forward to trying some of the other products in this series.

Reactions: bazelio

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
Not sure what extreme means nor why one needs something that is extremely priced for it to be good.
Quality comes in many price ranges and some things are more expensive because they have to be.
Exotic materials, small quantities, very difficult and long labor times however this product works really well and I am looking forward to trying some of the other products in this series.
Are you a dealer for Nordost or becoming one? Please disclose.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Are the QBASE-Mark II products AC distributors or power conditioners?

I am interested in trying a minimalist power distributor - one that doesn't do anything to filter the current, preferably made with copper contacts on its duplexes.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Are you a dealer for Nordost or becoming one? Please disclose.
I just ordered these products to try and I am becoming a dealer. I have tried a bunch of things before I have purchased these

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Are the QBASE-Mark II products AC distributors or power conditioners?

I am interested in trying a minimalist power distributor - one that doesn't do anything to filter the current, preferably made with copper contacts on its duplexes.
The QX4 I am told works in parallel with the AC and does not change the current but purifies the electricity. I have not tried it on my amp yet but where I am using it on the front end of my system , C1 mono DAC with 3 X-1 power supplies, L1 Mono Preamp with 2 X-1 power supplies, Sonic Transporter _ music computer and Sonic renderer it is by far the best that I have used and find the system has better dynamics, quieter, more 3d and deeper and wider than before. I did not think this was possible!

Reactions: tima

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
One other thing it did sound significantly better after 24- 36 hours

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I currently have two Q8 base mk2 and two Qkore 6 in my system. Although I am favorable impressed with their performance - mainly increased feeling of involvement and definition, I am somewhat reluctant about the QX4. As far as I could see the QX4 is a controlled noise generator that injects signals in the mains. I know that in this hobby what matters is the final result, but I still feel uneasy with such techniques. :(

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
As far as I could see the QX4 is a controlled noise generator that injects signals in the mains. I know that in this hobby what matters is the final result, but I still feel uneasy with such techniques. :(

Hello microstrip,
I have a similar thought.
The various Schnerzinger Protectors give effective improvement to any audio systems.
Moving their antennae and the sounstage will move towards that direction.
I always wonder whether they are noise receiving/neutralization devices or are they emitting EM waves themselves.

Therefore I always give high praises to Schnerzinger cables but stay away from the Protectors.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I currently have two Q8 base mk2 and two Qkore 6 in my system. Although I am favorable impressed with their performance - mainly increased feeling of involvement and definition, I am somewhat reluctant about the QX4. As far as I could see the QX4 is a controlled noise generator that injects signals in the mains. I know that in this hobby what matters is the final result, but I still feel uneasy with such techniques. :(
I was told that it operates in parallel with the ac line and I can tell you that it works incredibly well in my system. I would suggest that you give it a try if you can. I don't believe you will be disappointed

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I don't follow. In my opinion to diss something you have not tried and to make assumptions about how it works when I believe you are wrong makes no sense.
I don't follow your though process. You have cables with networks, thats OK ( signal goes directly through them)but an ac product where there is no audio signal going through is not??
Everyone has the right to like what they want but honestly that makes no sense to me.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Had another Friend to my room today and he thought that this was by far the best he has heard here and was very interested in trying the QX4 and QB-8 in his system. He also has a big system which I heard today before he came here.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I don't follow. In my opinion to diss something you have not tried and to make assumptions about how it works when I believe you are wrong makes no sense.
I don't follow your though process. You have cables with networks, thats OK ( signal goes directly through them)but an ac product where there is no audio signal going through is not??
Everyone has the right to like what they want but honestly that makes no sense to me.

Elliot G,

Well, for me WBF means What is the best , but also a balance between Why it is the best and Wow, it is really the best!

You are free to believe I am wrong - than tell us why and I will be happy to learn. However there is public information accessible in the net, including detailed photos of the internals of the QX4 that seem to confirm my analysis. Besides I have owned Quantum products since long, even before they were absorbed by Nordost - my alternative reference power wiring should sum more than 100 feet of various Quantum power cables.

Although I can not see why my network cables come to this thread, I can tell you that many people have technically objected to them in this forum, mostly spreading false or outdated technical information about them and every time I patiently pointed the objective truth.

Apologies if my questions and doubts do not make sense to you - I hope that they will interest a few curious audiophiles who show an open technical mind, even in the very hard voodoo land of power devices.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing