Just installed Nordost QX4 and Q Base 8 Mk2 in my system today

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Elliot G,

Well, for me WBF means What is the best , but also a balance between Why it is the best and Wow, it is really the best!

You are free to believe I am wrong - than tell us why and I will be happy to learn. However there is public information accessible in the net, including detailed photos of the internals of the QX4 that seem to confirm my analysis. Besides I have owned Quantum products since long, even before they were absorbed by Nordost - my alternative reference power wiring should sum more than 100 feet of various Quantum power cables.

Although I can not see why my network cables come to this thread, I can tell you that many people have technically objected to them in this forum, mostly spreading false or outdated technical information about them and every time I patiently pointed the objective truth.

Apologies if my questions and doubts do not make sense to you - I hope that they will interest a few curious audiophiles who show an open technical mind, even in the very hard voodoo land of power devices.
I have no problem with your belief's my issue is with summarily dismissing something you have not tried. You made a big deal about the "product" doing something to the signal and that is why my comment on the network boxes on your cable.
These seems to be conflicting philosophies in my mind.
Do as you choose that is your right however if you haven't tried something I don't think you should be commenting on it. My thought period.

Yesterday my friend, an industry vet and a very experienced listener, heard my system with the only change being these products. He was amazed and wanted to immediately get his hands on the QX-4 and QB-8.
It doesn't have to be new or crazy priced to be good and sometimes we all find wonderful value items.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have no problem with your belief's my issue is with summarily dismissing something you have not tried. You made a big deal about the "product" doing something to the signal and that is why my comment on the network boxes on your cable.
These seems to be conflicting philosophies in my mind.
Do as you choose that is your right however if you haven't tried something I don't think you should be commenting on it. My thought period.

Yesterday my friend, an industry vet and a very experienced listener, heard my system with the only change being these products. He was amazed and wanted to immediately get his hands on the QX-4 and QB-8.
It doesn't have to be new or crazy priced to be good and sometimes we all find wonderful value items.

Well, IMHO telling people in a discussion forum about our hesitations is not dismissing something, it is opening a door to debate and information.

Again IMHO surely I agree with you we should not comment on the sound quality of something we have not tried, but in this forum any one is welcome to debate on technical and general principles of audio. The QX4 is particularly interesting as it goes against the current mainstream of power conditioners and marketing objectives, although this technology is known for at less 15 years and has been incorporated in very successful equipment.

BTW, one of the nice things about the integration of QRT in Nordost was dropping the old ridiculous marketing literature of Quantum Resonance Technology and becoming just factual about the subjective sound quality.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Well, IMHO telling people in a discussion forum about our hesitations on a forum is not dismissing it, it is opening a door to debate and information.

Again IMHO surely I agree with you we should not comment on the sound quality of something we have not tried, but in this forum any one is welcome to debate on technical and general principles of audio. The QX4 is particularly interesting as it goes against the current mainstream of power conditioners and marketing objectives, although this technology is known for at less 15 years and has been incorporated in very successful equipment.

BTW, one of the nice things about the integration of QRT in Nordost was dropping the old ridiculous marketing literature of Quantum Resonance Technology and becoming just factual about the subjective sound quality.
IMO commenting on products you have no experience with certainly diminishes the comment and the posters credibility to me.

BTW whether you want to admit it or not your philosophy is conflicted , you either want boxes in the signal path or you don't?
Im not making a quality statement about either just you cant have it both ways.
The QX-4 is not in the signal path .... and I dont follow you logic

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
IMO commenting on products you have no experience with certainly diminishes the comment and the posters credibility to me.

BTW whether you want to admit it or not your philosophy is conflicted , you either want boxes in the signal path or you don't?
Im not making a quality statement about either just you cant have it both ways.
The QX-4 is not in the signal path .... and I dont follow you logic

Again the QX-4 injects "controlled noise" in the mains - being in the signal path or not is not the question, you can modify the signal even without being in the signal path directly. The main question is that most conditioners suppress noise by absorption but the QX-4 uses a very different way of operation. So different that Nordost literature around the world call it of field generator , mains purifier or even mains harmonizer, and lots of misinformation is spread around the net and reviews.

BTW, I just found that in the QV2 page Nordost is very clear about QRT fundamentals "the Qv2 works directly on the AC line, introducing a carefully calculated range of pulsed frequencies, clocked from the original 50 or 60Hz waveform. "

And yes, it is my belief that the role of high-end is also modifying the signal to improve our perception and enjoyment of music, not just delivering it.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Again the QX-4 injects "controlled noise" in the mains - being in the signal path or not is not the question, you can modify the signal even without being in the signal path directly. The main question is that most conditioners suppress noise by absorption but the QX-4 uses a very different way of operation. So different that Nordost literature around the world call it of field generator , mains purifier or even mains harmonizer, and lots of misinformation is spread around the net and reviews.

BTW, I just found that in the QV2 page Nordost is very clear about QRT fundamentals "the Qv2 works directly on the AC line, introducing a carefully calculated range of pulsed frequencies, clocked from the original 50 or 60Hz waveform. "

And yes, it is my belief that the role of high-end is also modifying the signal to improve our perception and enjoyment of music, not just delivering it.
Not using a QV2 nor ever mentioned it. Sorry but I am confused it seems you are on both sides of the proverbial fence.
I am only reporting on my findings and you are certainly welcome to your own thoughts even if conflicting.
Enjoy

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
After a week of listening I am thrilled with the result and plan on inserting the Qcore grounding device when it arrives this week.
I am not a scientist and to be honestly don't want to be one. The differences in my system are profound, it is just better!
There is more air around all the instruments, more holographic in the systems ability to hear the "spaces" , better dynamics both macro and micro and over quieter.

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
After a week of listening I am thrilled with the result and plan on inserting the Qcore grounding device when it arrives this week.
I am not a scientist and to be honestly don't want to be one. The differences in my system are profound, it is just better!
There is more air around all the instruments, more holographic in the systems ability to hear the "spaces" , better dynamics both macro and micro and over quieter.
This should give a much bigger change than your Qx device. It makes me wonder are you gonna adopt Nordost cables. It would be interesting to compare to Goble.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
This should give a much bigger change than your Qx device. It makes me wonder are you gonna adopt Nordost cables. It would be interesting to compare to Goble.
Gobel High End makes one level of cables and I have compared our cables to some of the Nordost products ( valhalla 2) .
Nordost however makes a whole line of products and cables in many different price ranges. We have a second company that does sell other products and it is a line that fits all of those areas really well. I have not had the chance to hear the Odin2 and may or may not have that opportunity in the future. I do believe that Oliver really knows what he is doing and if you have not tried his cables, and they are appropriate for your system, that you should because IMO they are superb.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I just received the QKore today and will try that out.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2019-06-13 10.56.44.jpg

Reactions: Lee

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
My initial reaction is WOW! Not sure I have the verbiage to describe the results however I can say I am not removing it anytime soon. I have a few other toys to try with this next week but for now I am looking to see who moved the walls in my soundroom LOL

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
My initial reaction is WOW! Not sure I have the verbiage to describe the results however I can say I am not removing it anytime soon. I have a few other toys to try with this next week but for now I am looking to see who moved the walls in my soundroom LOL
Elliot - Which QKORE do you have... are you only connecting the QBASE8 for the power ground, or also to individual component grounds? The demos I've heard of the entire QKORE system are quite convincing as you're experiencing! o_O

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have a Qx4 power purifier plugged into the wall with a Gobel Power cord. I then plug the QB-8 strip into the outlet on the back of the QX4 , in this case I am using a Nordost TYR power cord ( dont have enough Gobel PC's) I then am plugging a second QB-8 into the primary earth section of the first also with a Nordost TYR power cord. I have a lot of front end components to plug in.
The QKore 1 then plugs into the connector on the QB8 via a dedicated Nordost cable. This is the simplest way to do it. I was told that I can ground each component directly however in my case I would need a whole lot of wires and extra grounding devices so I chose to try this way. Perhaps the other way would bring even better performance I don't know since I have not tried it.
I am thrilled and spent a few hours last night listening and will do some more if I can today. I think its definitely worth the money.

Reactions: audio.bill

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have a Qx4 power purifier plugged into the wall with a Gobel Power cord. I then plug the QB-8 strip into the outlet on the back of the QX4 , in this case I am using a Nordost TYR power cord ( dont have enough Gobel PC's) I then am plugging a second QB-8 into the primary earth section of the first also with a Nordost TYR power cord. I have a lot of front end components to plug in.
The QKore 1 then plugs into the connector on the QB8 via a dedicated Nordost cable. This is the simplest way to do it. I was told that I can ground each component directly however in my case I would need a whole lot of wires and extra grounding devices so I chose to try this way. Perhaps the other way would bring even better performance I don't know since I have not tried it.
I am thrilled and spent a few hours last night listening and will do some more if I can today. I think its definitely worth the money.

IMHO you should try Qkore 6. Although it is expensive, it represents better value for money that the Qkore 1 - we get a Qkore 1 plus almost two Qkore 3's for less than the price of the Qkore 1 and Qkore 3. And people will want the Qkore 3's once they try them!

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Something to try in the future. I am totally crazy about the Divin Noblesse it is just working in my room. IMO AMAZING.
Shows are fun but really being able to do my thing and dial something in is fun

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
IMHO you should try Qkore 6. Although it is expensive, it represents better value for money that the Qkore 1 - we get a Qkore 1 plus almost two Qkore 3's for less than the price of the Qkore 1 and Qkore 3. And people will want the Qkore 3's once they try them!
I see that you have Nordost Qkore8's listed in your footer, haven't heard of that model... Is that a typo and you actually have a 6? TIA

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I certainly don't want to get into a pissing match but I just put the last two small plug in devices into my QB-8 strip and I am blown away. I wish I could play this on the internet. Maybe a Qkore six is better, I have no idea but what I am listening to in my room is the best thing I have ever heard.
My mentor would be proud and thrilled.
I listen to everything from small solo guitar items like Bruce Springsteen live on Broadway "Thunder Road" to Pat Benetar " Hell is for Children" loud to solo piano or Beethoven's Ninth with full Choral. I want to play it ALL
This is just goosebumps.
Have a great weekend

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I see that you have Nordost Qkore8's listed in your footer, haven't heard of that model... Is that a typo and you actually have a 6? TIA

Thanks - my mistake it was a contraction of the QCore 6 and QB8! I have to type more slowly ... :)
I need two of each, the DCS stack needs four power cables and four ground lines.

Reactions: audio.bill

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Elliot
you just installed Nordost Qkore,i just installed all Gobel setup in my system,unfortunately i can only try now
I will post next days

Attachments

• IMG_7293.jpg
    IMG_7293.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7303.jpg
    IMG_7303.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: GMKF

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi Elliot
you just installed Nordost Qkore,i just installed all Gobel setup in my system,unfortunately i can only try now
I will post next days

Hello Gian60,
I can see that the posterior ground connectors remain unused.
Pls try connecting them with groundboxes.
It's effective and is fun!
;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing