Koda K10 preamp in my home for evaluation

sickophant

May 24, 2013
Warszawa, Polsce; BrizVegas, Oz
Last edited:

sickophant

May 24, 2013
He is a modern builder and has complied with all necessary rules in that way.

Where'd you get the picture? From the Exotica site? I must have missed that entry.

Last edited:

Joel

Sep 13, 2013
www.audiophile-magazine.com
Some small asian manufacturers still use lead solder because the consider lead has a better sound than other materials... And then distribution in Europe become quite impossible. Good to know it is RoHS compliant.

Here the link to the pics I found...

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/09/robert-koda-takumi-k-15.html

I have not been involved in that K-70 issue. Then I have no idea why Srajan did not go forward with this proposal...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Some small asian manufacturers still use lead solder because the consider lead has a better sound than other materials... And then distribution in Europe become quite impossible. Good to know it is RoHS compliant.

(...)

Not only small asian manufacturers - I would love to try the Berkeley Audio Design Alpha USB in my system and it is not possible, as it also uses solder containing lead.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
My dealer (Ne Plus Ultra, Austin, TX) has a K15 on order...guessing he'll have it end of nov or dec. I'll be able to compare it directly to my K10...in my home....

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Yeah, I think I agree...but since my dealer has this already on order for himself...I get to try it first. I do think I'll try to get a K70 next year....Hopefully Koda will have his phonostage out also...this is I think the weakest link in my system currently...

bvdiman

Mar 7, 2013
Beautiful piece of art that K-15. A design exuding class which I'm sure sound as good as it look.
That genuine ruby for indicator is simply one stunning touch of detailing! Hope to hear one soon.
Any known msrp of it yet?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I think it's sad that more mag's don't disclose the source of the equipment

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Koda is some sweet looking gear. Saw the pre at RMAF last month. I had never heard of it before. Would love to hear the pre/amp combo with my Verity's.
Anyone heard this combo before?

sickophant

May 24, 2013
Tunes, you'll most likely find in this forum not too many Folk either that know much about Robert Koda. Robert started up in 2008 just as America and Europe were melting (I thought he had the biggest balls of all! To be starting a top-shelf audio brand at that moment) and making in-roads to these two otherwise important arenas has been a long road. Europe remains a barrier. It seems Robert Koda have just recently picked up distribution in the U.S. so it is pretty fresh to this point. It's a 2013 piece of news. Great to hear these new people are displaying already, I get the picture that the U.S. sales and services people really have a grip on how to and in making things move along, they seem that they may be very sharp. The Rocky Mountain show, is that right? RMAF? I'll look it up. Great news.

The Boys (and Girls?) over at Audio Exotics in Hong Kong run forums and the "foundation" client base of Koda gear buyers have been going crazy for the gear for some years now. ( audioexotics.hk ) They run all sorts of combos, you might find your Verity's in there, I can't recall.

You don't have to log in, just click on Forums and you'll go straight in as a guest. You'll immediately see a Lot of entries for Robert Koda, they are quite frankly over the edge over the stuff. And rightly so.

I understand there still is no K-70 power amp. over there in the U.S. yet. It seems they aim to have the second pre-amp. over there before the K-70. I don't know what their call is, but the K-70 is so bloody fantastic. What you really need to do and I've strongly suggested to the only U.S. customer I know of yet, Mr. Jfrech within these very pages, is to harness up a full Robert Koda outfit, the K-10 to the K-70. I would be confident you'll never have heard your Verity's like that ever before. Absolutely Ape-s', a powerhouse of clarity and control and music. It's a calming moment.

Watch out for this maker. He is one of those nature's talents.

There's a part of me that wants great success for this boy and another part that ponders a smaller exposure that would reveal the chosen few that actually get the truth of it all.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Koda is some sweet looking gear. Saw the pre at RMAF last month. I had never heard of it before. Would love to hear the pre/amp combo with my Verity's.
Anyone heard this combo before?

The problem at RMAF was that it was nigh impossible to hear draw any meaningful conclusions about the sound of the Koda at RMAF with that hodgepodge collection of electronics (Absolare/Allnic/Koda). Not to mention that the sound was still lacking even after they supposedly changed things around. There was something very wrong with Steve Dobbins room this year.

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Tunes, you'll most likely find in this forum not too many Folk either that know much about Robert Koda. Robert started up in 2008 just as America and Europe were melting (I thought he had the biggest balls of all! To be starting a top-shelf audio brand at that moment) and making in-roads to these two otherwise important arenas has been a long road. Europe remains a barrier. It seems Robert Koda have just recently picked up distribution in the U.S. so it is pretty fresh to this point. It's a 2013 piece of news. Great to hear these new people are displaying already, I get the picture that the U.S. sales and services people really have a grip on how to and in making things move along, they seem that they may be very sharp. The Rocky Mountain show, is that right? RMAF? I'll look it up. Great news.

The Boys (and Girls?) over at Audio Exotics in Hong Kong run forums and the "foundation" client base of Koda gear buyers have been going crazy for the gear for some years now. ( audioexotics.hk ) They run all sorts of combos, you might find your Verity's in there, I can't recall.

You don't have to log in, just click on Forums and you'll go straight in as a guest. You'll immediately see a Lot of entries for Robert Koda, they are quite frankly over the edge over the stuff. And rightly so.

I understand there still is no K-70 power amp. over there in the U.S. yet. It seems they aim to have the second pre-amp. over there before the K-70. I don't know what their call is, but the K-70 is so bloody fantastic. What you really need to do and I've strongly suggested to the only U.S. customer I know of yet, Mr. Jfrech within these very pages, is to harness up a full Robert Koda outfit, the K-10 to the K-70. I would be confident you'll never have heard your Verity's like that ever before. Absolutely Ape-s', a powerhouse of clarity and control and music. It's a calming moment.

Watch out for this maker. He is one of those nature's talents.

There's a part of me that wants great success for this boy and another part that ponders a smaller exposure that would reveal the chosen few that actually get the truth of it all.

Thanks Sickophant.
I'll check out the link you suggested. I am pretty happy with the Nagra Jazz pre at the moment but am in serious admiration for the k10.
The k70 i have only seen in pics and it is intriguing.
didn't know there was a newer Koda pre.
chris

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing