KR KT150RK (Riccardo Kron)

Finally in the zenith of cold winter months in Europe, time has come to warm up the living room with some new toys and this time, no more and no less, in the form of the limited edition of KT150 tube, which was so far only available from TungSol.
Tubes are specially made by KR for LampizatOr and are within the physical limits of regular KT150 and of course within the tech spec of the TungSol ones which makes the rolling possible. Tube proudly cares the name of Riccardo Kron (RK) and it comes with all the perks from the rest of the RK series (300b, 242, PX4, 5u4g) meaning Zirconium coating, triple thickness glass, 9th degree of vacuum, etc.
I just received the quad so in the upcoming days/weeks I pronounce the winter tube rolling olympic games open...
IMG_8343.jpg IMG_8344.jpg IMG_8346.jpg

Got to find a reseller to go to listen not too far from home. What is this black box under your 6000?
It’s AE’s 6000, not mine and that “black box” is SRA Virginia Class Reference amp stand.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing