Krelles system with SMT room treatment!

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Today I had a visit from 2 hardcore audiophiles to get the verdict from My latest upgrades. I started with this Wine to get them in the right mood together with some food:).

Krelle

image.jpg

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
It was time for some serius listening. But first My good friend Gunnar ( the cucumber) noticed that the wings (acrylic) I have on the floor, where too close to the speakers. We also adjusted a bit in the angle towards the speakers. YES, it resulted in more lifelike crisp, voices and more air in the upper frequenzies. And then he told me to move the bass-speakers a bit closer to sidewall to get a little bit help from the side- wall. I got a really nice support, punch in the bass-area. Nice work Gunnar, thanks! I have never had so lifelike airy sound before. These adjustments make huge difference in the overall presentation. Here is a picture with the wings in the right position.

image.jpg

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
It was time for some serius listening. But first My good friend Gunnar ( the cucumber) noticed that the wings (acrylic) I have on the floor, where too close to the speakers. We also adjusted a bit in the angle towards the speakers. YES, it resulted in more lifelike crisp, voices and more air in the upper frequenzies. And then he told me to move the bass-speakers a bit closer to sidewall to get a little bit help from the side- wall. I got a really nice support, punch in the bass-area. Nice work Gunnar, thanks! I have never had so lifelike airy sound before. These adjustments make huge difference in the overall presentation. Here is a picture with the wings in the right position.

View attachment 20082

great system, great source and ...great wine;)

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Thank you very much Paolo:). I saw your room in the room acoustic thread, it looks really nice and I bet it sounds excellent. Im really happy with My Totaldac, it sounds in short of words very analouge, still all the details in place. The new preamplifier impressed me to, it adds much more body into the music, voices etc. This combination made it more lifelike. When it comes to Wine I always go for the Italian ones ;).
Kind regards Krelle

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Nothing new, just a better picture of the frontwall. Im listening to Dick Hyman right now, really good record( From the age of swing).

image.jpg

Krelle

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
This is from My roof, i had enough space that I could go the "inverted" style. I only got one of these, I need 24 more to fill the roof! image.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hi Krelle ... I too have treated my room with SMT products and am very very happy with the results . Matts has been a source of great help in my queries . I have my ceiling treated with 28... 2'"X 2" Bubble Diffusers , facing downwards with a 2 inch air gap behind them , am told that in this config there is a some mid bass absorption happening as well , thru the slits present around the larger bubbles via the Helmoltz principle . My side walls have the Wing95 and 3 Acrylic V wings ... one behind each speaker , the third central behind the rack .I did try diffusion behind my listening chair , the rear wall which is around 6 feet behind my head , but in the final scheme of things have settled with employing absorption on that wall , so a sort of LEDE config . I find the bubble diffusers to work better facing outwards , rather than inverted . Have you compared the two positions ? . For me the end result is more focus , better decay times , more depth and width of soundstage all without loosing the sense of vitality to the music . I am thinking of trying out the Flower Wings , any experience with them ?
unnamed.jpg

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Hello! Really nice!!! Im glad to see that your happy with the result. I only have one bubble diffuser, so Its a little hard to hear any difference right now. If I get 24 more I think it Will be much easier to hear the difference between bubble/inverted. Yes I use 2 Flowerwings. I use them on the first reflection on floor. I have never tried them anywhere else, but I think They are really good and nice looking too. I have tried other wings on the first reflection on the floor but the flowers works best there in My room. Best regards Krelle

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
I also needed a record Clamp. I was on My local store and noticed this clamp. It is a door-stopper in stainless steel, with rubber-rings. Perfect as record Clamp, the only thing was to drill 7.2 mm. It works well... image.jpg

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Hehe, at last! Its very crowded on the front bench, this turntable is quite small and fitted exactly. Its a small turntable but the sound is big;).

Regards Krelle

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing