Krelles system with SMT room treatment!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Considering acoustic treatments to my descending eaves roofline as well.

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
The roof is much lower now, only 2.07 meters. But I dont think about that when I sit and listen. It helps with the SMT bubbles and chrystalls stretching the roof soundwise.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Krelle, my audio is in a roof space, so eaves drop R and L at 30° from a midline apex of 2.7m high to 1.3m high at side walls. My acoustics are surprisingly good, but it may become apparent addressing these eaves will be productive.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ha, same here.
Can you imagine moving 130kg pallet of Stacore platform 7m up a tight spiral staircase.

I only move on that final final irreversible move.

Reactions: Lagonda

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Krelle, my audio is in a roof space, so eaves drop R and L at 30° from a midline apex of 2.7m high to 1.3m high at side walls. My acoustics are surprisingly good, but it may become apparent addressing these eaves will be productive.
Thank you for input! Interesting! I was a little concerned what would happen, but IM really pleased with the result even IF the roof is as low as it is. I have still not adjusted the varitunes. I need help from Matts on SMT to get that Right.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Great job on your room. SMT room treatments are awesome. I love the front & side wall treatments. I'm less enthusiastic about the roof panels though. Personally I prefer something like RPG's diffusion panels as used in Magico's listening room.

Last edited:

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Ha, same here.
Can you imagine moving 130kg pallet of Stacore platform 7m up a tight spiral staircase.

I only move on that final final irreversible move.
At some point you are going to have to relocate your system to the ground floor,
for better wheelchair access ;)

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Great job on your room. SMT room treatments are awesome. I love the front & side wall treatments. I'm less enthusiastic about the roof panels though. Personally I prefer something like RPG's diffusion panels as used in Magico's listening room.
Thank you so Much:). The roof work very well. Personally I think it looks cool. I imagine that the bubbles looks like clouds ;)

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Thank you so Much:). The roof work very well. Personally I think it looks cool. I imagine that the bubbles looks like clouds ;)
You've chosen well. SMT are one of the best room acoustics firms in the world. And to be fair, i've been told the bubble-shaped diffusion panels look better in person. So i'll defer to your wisdom here. Have you measured the room since the treatments were installed?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Guys, I'm tbh struggling w the SMT website
There is such a confusing choice, made worse by pretty poor text not really explaining v much
Is there any UK contact for them?
I am seriously considering investigating more comprehensive solutions in my room, GIK and Acustica Applicata are my current go-to options.
I'd like to add SMT to the list.

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
You've chosen well. SMT are one of the best room acoustics firms in the world. And to be fair, i've been told the bubble-shaped diffusion panels look better in person. So i'll defer to your wisdom here. Have you measured the room since the treatments were installed?
Ni I havent got it measured. I hope to get hold Of Matts in the future to do measurement and to adjust my varitunes and maybe my 2subs too.
/Krelle

Reactions: Bodhi

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Pan, it could hardly be worse. I get the need to speak in detail on individual installs, but SMT lack of coherent info would not attract me as a new client. Only hugely positive client testimonials like Krelle here is keeping me interested in them.

When you look at GIK, Acustica Applicata, ASC etc, it's a different story.

Reactions: Bodhi

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing