LampizatOr Baltic 3

khill007

Jul 10, 2023
That’s awesome thank you so much! I checked out the Woo audio page and saw the 6F8G/6C8G —> 6SN7 adapter. I haven’t read anything about the 6C8G tube. Have you tried any of those?
I never saw any answers to this question? I have some very nice 6c8G's so "will they work" in the Baltic without seeing a fireworks show? My experience has always been that you can use a 6sl7 in a 6sn7 circuit without too much drama?!?

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
New arrival today, a(nother) Tungsram…my second pv4200, however this one is Budapest made and features a barium getter. It sounds clear, articulate and well structured. For the oenophiles out there, think colder climate Pinot Noir.

IMG_1996.jpeg

roadCingKlassik

Jan 4, 2020
New arrival today, a(nother) Tungsram…my second pv4200, however this one is Budapest made and features a barium getter. It sounds clear, articulate and well structured.

a tube from whence my people came! Can you provide the sellers info? (assuming there are more available). I'm looking to replicate voice (specifically female voice) as accurately as possible. Any recommendation to accomplish this task would be appreciated

For the oenophiles out there, think colder climate Pinot Noir.

Refreshing! . . . and thanks for keeping this thread alive

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
a tube from whence my people came! Can you provide the sellers info? (assuming there are more available). I'm looking to replicate voice (specifically female voice) as accurately as possible. Any recommendation to accomplish this task would be appreciated

Refreshing! . . . and thanks for keeping this thread alive

Hi, this one was a random ebay purchase however @takacs75 can supply you directly from your homeland. For other accurate sounding tubes, I would recommend Valvo e83f and Tungsram e80cc. That would be a very high resolution combo for @$300 including adapters. Maybe also grab a Valvo g1064 / az1 globe big mesh rectifier for a more seductive presentation. We all need a merlot moment sometime :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: takacs75

roadCingKlassik

Jan 4, 2020
Hi, this one was a random ebay purchase however @takacs75 can supply you directly from your homeland. For other accurate sounding tubes, I would recommend Valvo e83f and Tungsram e80cc. That would be a very high resolution combo for @$300 including adapters. Maybe also grab a Valvo g1064 / az1 globe big mesh rectifier for a more seductive presentation. We all need a merlot moment sometime :)
you had me at seductive presentation . . . can you recommend a known source for a quality 1064 adapter ?

roadCingKlassik

Jan 4, 2020
thank you sir, I did not know @takacs75 was equipped for that . . . thank you Sablon Audio!

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
A week ago, I asked Xuling (ebay adapter seller) if he could put together some ef804 / 6sn7 adapters and he wrote to me this morning to say they are now listed on ebay. Clearly this is an exceptional level of service but I am also grateful to him for being the sole supplier of so many different adapters which have made my many tube experiments over the past year possible.

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Hi Miguel. Yep, that ebay listing looks the same as my photo in post 701. Big globe / wide silver mesh / central support post. Also look at the earlier g1064 which is the same electrically but uses the more familiar B4 base.

Reactions: Miki70

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Following up on the ef804s, the adapters arrived this morning. Initial impression is of a natural presentation, somewhere between c3g and e83f. Is fairly sweetly voiced, possibly more than expected given the Tfk reputation. The adapters will benefit from burn in but the valves themselves were already used.

Reactions: VoicesInMyHead

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
In much the same manner as people are only just discovering how far the Horizon can be taken, I thought it was worthy of mention that my eyes have been opened on the Baltic 4.

1698781012254.png

At the urging of a friend, I gave this combo a go and I've gotta say... wow!

• Love
Reactions: takacs75 and findog

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
i recognise the pv4200 barium Fred but what are the output tubes?
Good eye! The rest is a Siemens c3g in a TP adapter and I've got some Tungsram 12bh7s hiding in the back which I've preferred to most of what I've tried to replace them with.

Reactions: findog

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Delving deeper into the TFK ef804 back catalogue, these Hilumin (nickel composite) silver shielded tubes from Ulm look lovely. Will have a listen over the weekend.

View attachment 119629
This tube made telefunken famous in the world phantastic tube.
Played in almost every recording studio in Europe in the 60s and 70s. microphone amplifier v72 / v76 and power amps v69. Amplifiers are still in great demand today.

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
@DasguteOhr - and with good reason! I also had an exceptional result with the e83f but now intend to learn whether all ef804 are created equally. Ef804s is very good, now let’s see about the silver shields and then the Berlin production.

Reactions: DasguteOhr

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
@DasguteOhr - and with good reason! I also had an exceptional result with the e83f but now intend to learn whether all ef804 are created equally. Ef804s is very good, now let’s see about the silver shields and then the Berlin production.
Great pentode absoult linear open 3d sound, in combination with e83f
Sound demo v76 with some mods phantastic phono preamp.today too expensive in good condition 6-10k€:(

Reactions: Sablon Audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing