LampizatOr Baltic 3

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Line up the tabs and then push the tube directly down onto the adapter using the palm of your hand. Push it straight down, not at an angle.

It takes a bit more force than you think. There is an initial resistance while pushing down and then it just "pops" into place and will be seated very firmly once it pops in.

As for the loose tube base, one of my Valvo AZ1's had that same problem. It should not impact operability, but I understand you can use super glue to fix it (I've never done it myself, just what I read online but please confirm).
Sorry but i think that advice with that particular socket/tube base is wrong. Pins on the tube should be aligned and placed under coresponding “tabs” in the adapter under the angle and while holding the tube for the base you just straighten it up and it should nicely snap into the adapter without almost any force used…

Reactions: Sablon Audio

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Hello Guys,

Just received my Valvo AZ1 + Adapter, I cant make it to insert into the adapter, I feel if I push harder enough I can break the glass. Any hint ?

Plus there is this "loose" on the Valve base, is it normal or something to worry about ? Video attached

Thanks !
You are not alone. Honestly, I thought brain surgery was easier. It wasn't until Goran helped me out by pointing out that the 4 pin side gets fitted first, and then comes the push down to get the other side set. Once you "get it", it's doable,. Still, not the easiest adapter I ever saw :confused:

Last edited:

VoicesInMyHead

Apr 7, 2018
Sweden
I agree with you all, it took some attempts to make it, but once it's in it stays put, no chance that it's going to fall out.... ;) I was even so happy that I bought 2 of the AZ1 adapters so I didn't have to remove it when trying another tube, haha! not sure that's even possible....

ECC40 rimlock adapters were almost worse though, there it really felt like the tube was going to crack and you had to be very careful.

Adapters ftw....

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Sorry but i think that advice with that particular socket/tube base is wrong. Pins on the tube should be aligned and placed under coresponding “tabs” in the adapter under the angle and while holding the tube for the base you just straighten it up and it should nicely snap into the adapter without almost any force used…

Hi Goran,

Hmmm, I have two of these adapters and multiple AZ1's both Valvo and Telefunken. I line up the tabs (I start with the closely spaced tab side), then push down. Both of mine require some initial force and then they pop into place. Not a ton of force, but they definitely don't slide in effortlessly. Perhaps I am doing it wrong but it works every time but I defer to you.

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Gotcha, I'll try that next time.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I tried going vertically long time ago with some other tube (can’t remember which one) and was a no go as it seemed tons of pressure is required. Going on, as i advised (under angle)and as Mark wrote holding the tube for the base there was literally no force needed to place it into the socket. Pulling it out of the adapter vertically is even worse while under angle it works like a charm (for me at least).

Cheers,
G

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
I just used that method and both of you are right. Much easier. Thanks for the tip.

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
I am also curious about @Miki70's loose tube base. I have a Valvo AZ1 with a loose base and some internet searching said it can be re-glued and I see some used ones for sale with what appears to be tape on the base.

I haven't tried to fix my loose base, but curious if others have done this and if so, if they have any tips?

Reactions: Miki70

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I am also curious about @Miki70's loose tube base. I have a Valvo AZ1 with a loose base and some internet searching said it can be re-glued and I see some used ones for sale with what appears to be tape on the base.

I haven't tried to fix my loose base, but curious if others have done this and if so, if they have any tips?
Very good site for tube base repair.
It's kind of like watching Mr. Rogers if he ever did a show on tube base repair, but it's charming nonetheless. ("Watch out kids, these voltages can be lethal").

Last edited:
Reactions: Miki70 and Blake

bozebuttons

Nov 6, 2022

very good site for tube base repair
I have bought special glue from George Lenze tubes USA
worked great on My We300b easy to do with instructions

Last edited:
Reactions: Miki70 and Blake

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
For those wanting a cheap alternative to the top 6sn7 models, the dual e83f is worth checking out. I am using some @1960 Valvos with disc getters and, compared to my RFT 6sn7, the initial impression is of a highly articulate and neutral presentation.

Is early days given both valves and adapters are new and need some burn in, however stylistically they are more like sylvania metal plate than rca / mullard and I think will be better matched with a solid plate rectifier than the mesh Valvo I am presently using.

IMG_1447.jpeg

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
A single e83f tube on each channel works fine for single ended / rca signal output. Will be revisiting c3g next month after a short family break but have heard great things about that one.

473B59E9-D1AC-4FA3-8E3B-C051603E49D0.jpeg

Reactions: Miki70 and iain

Johnax

Mar 26, 2023
Sablon Audio - may I ask where you purchased the e83f -> 6SN7G adapters? I checked on eBay and the seller only had 1 left, obviously I need 2.

Johnax

Mar 26, 2023
I should have checked back in on eBay before I posted. I now see the seller on eBay is showing 10 available. I guess he updated his supply.

Reactions: Sablon Audio

Miki70

Aug 17, 2018
Mérida, Yucatán. México
SAD Monday

Something was "OFF" sound wise, like a bit edgy and/or glare and started rolling inputs and outputs just to find out that the VALVO AZ1 is way loose than before and it occurred to me to switch to the original 5C3S that came with the Baltic, and is sounding more musical without the glare/edgy.

When a tube get loose this way, does the sound get compromise ?
Im wondering that maybe from the beginning I have not heard what the AZ1 is 100% capable of ?

Appreciate your expertise thanks !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing