Lampizator DSD DAC

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
LOL..and we all get along with that. I checked the Bybee Stealth power purifier with Furutech NFC DTX-D Rhodium, costs USD 7,499. :(

Well, using quite a few ultra diamond resonators I wanted to try the giant but this ridiculous price really put me off. I am always prepared to pay for audio quality until it get's outrageous as with these latest SM price.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Well, using quite a few ultra diamond resonators I wanted to try the giant but this ridiculous price really put me off. I am always prepared to pay for audio quality until it get's outrageous as with these latest SM price.

I think you can get them used for 1300 or so

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Any idea where?

Not immediately, no, but had seen a couple on the Gon and Audiomarkt that seem to have expired.

You can also contact distributors for their best ex-dem price or put up an ad on Audiomarkt saying WTB at a good rate. If you want me to ask the UK distributor I can. Normally GBP is not the best thing to buy in, but now the pound is cheaper for you guys...some of these guys have resonators at the old landing cost.

He also has the Clamp, I think, but might have sold it by now.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Not immediately, no, but had seen a couple on the Gon and Audiomarkt that seem to have expired.

You can also contact distributors for their best ex-dem price or put up an ad on Audiomarkt saying WTB at a good rate. If you want me to ask the UK distributor I can. Normally GBP is not the best thing to buy in, but now the pound is cheaper for you guys...some of these guys have resonators at the old landing cost.

He also has the Clamp, I think, but might have sold it by now.

Thanks Ked. I will have a look around for some giant mooks for a reasonable price before bothering you with it. Btw, have you ever exerienced the Dalby Audio resonators? According to some the Dalby record clamp 'kills' the mook record camp but I have not heard the Dalby clamp myself.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Thanks Ked. I will have a look around for some giant mooks for a reasonable price before bothering you with it. Btw, have you ever exerienced the Dalby Audio resonators? According to some the Dalby record clamp 'kills' the mook record camp but I have not heard the Dalby clamp myself.

No, they are too expensive. I have heard a couple of opinions one preferring mook one Dalby here in the UK, so don't know unless I compare myself (which will be purely academic as the Dalby is too expensive).

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia

I read the same but after checking on the price, I just went deaf. LOL..

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
I have good experience with torus av conditioners and shunyata triton. Power and pre is plugged into torus while digital into triton.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Holy foodling shite :eek:
What a review from someone who owns the GG and can directly compare Atlantic to GG.
Within spitting distance to the almithy GG is quite an achievement.
I wonder if the Atlantic with tube rectification could even further close the gap, while maintaining its virtues :cool:

Thanks for sharing Norman.
Have you already heard the Atlantic? Maybe even with tube rectification? That could/should be top of the pops :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What a review from someone who owns the GG and can directly compare Atlantic to GG.
I wonder if the Atlantic with tube rectification could even further close the gap, while maintaining its virtues :cool:

Have you already heard the Atlantic? Maybe even with tube rectification? That could/should be top of the pops :)

I don't think the gap is close from what he has written. At 1/4th the price it is a no-brainer, but what he has said is "Golden Gate offers more recording knowledge, speed and grander scale in exchange for a bit less musical approach, Atlantic’s case is the opposite"

He has used the 101d replicas, and these excel more in bass and dynamics and detail. He has not really referenced which music was making the difference. I clearly remember saying no to the Level 7 when I compared vocals and small chamber with my Level 5. Difference was not worth paying for. Then I put in complex orchestral and the decided immediately that I would upgrade. The lower level Lampis (at least in those days) could not resolve complex music anywhere near as good (and these were the early L7s, with cheap 2A3 tubes)

So, my test would really be between an Atlantic and a Big 7 on orchestral to check what the difference is. That will lower the price gap somewhat (still making Atlantic a superb buy), but if someone wanted the final dac, to me it would be the one that resolved complex music well. I think in terms of sales volumes, Atlantic will just flood the market if it can do great at that price. So I think there will be two dacs - Atlantic to start off, and then either to stay with it or go to B7, depending on the results of the shootout. If I was a dealer, I would stock up on Atlantic and do a lot of Atlantic demos

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
I don't need to listen to it. I already know I don't like the design.

No offense, but it is remarkably inflexible for a valve DAC. That valve is "unrollable". Where is the fun it that?

If I can't inherently change the sound according to the distortion profiles of various valves, I'm not into it. That's what valve DACs are about.

Special "valve roller's" version required. Yesterday:p

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Lol...I hear ya Justin.

Bonzo, the real test would be to compare GG using the current darling tubes like px4, px25, Elrog 300b,lampi anniv mesh globes, etc.

ferrox

Jun 16, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.primes.asia
Lol...I hear ya Justin.

Bonzo, the real test would be to compare GG using the current darling tubes like px4, px25, Elrog 300b,lampi anniv mesh globes, etc.

I am so curious now. I have tried to press and unpressed the ring button. Here is what happened:

1. Pressed. Only DSD will play but at an obvious much lower gain. No PCM at all.
2. Unpressed. Both PCM and DSD will play at higher gain (perhaps this is a normal gain)

My question is, what is the difference between pressed and unpressed for DSD file? What is the purpose of the ring button? #scratchingmyhead

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

Still waiting to hear it...curiousity peaked. Will keep you posted. i hope to arrange a Swiss road tour.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
A swiss/liechtenstein road tour would be great.
I would offer my spacious home to host an event.
Will it be an Atlantic with tube recti? What other models to compare?

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
No idea about Atlantic details.A Siebener could be in the mix as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing