Latin Grammy Nomination

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Got some great news this morning. Here is an email I got from one of my clients.

Dear fellow Recording Academy voting members,

This is Jovino Santos Neto, Brazilian pianist/composer based in Seattle.

I hope this finds you well, and I respectfully wish to share with you my latest recording project for your consideration for the GRAMMY Awards® voting season. Luz is a solo piano album recorded in one single continuous take on a Fazioli F278 grand piano. The music on this recording was played spontaneously, without any plan or preparation. The themes emerged from improvisations inspired by the beautiful Fazioli grand piano and by the need for human connection and nurturing during the pandemic times. The tracks feature 5 of my original compositions, 2 by my musical mentor Hermeto Pascoal and a cover of the Beatles' Blackbird.

Luz
has been entered in the Best Latin Jazz Album category, and my composition Choro de Inverno (Winter Choro) in the Best Composition category.
I invite you to listen to Luz in your favorite streaming platform by following the link https://fanlink.to/jovinosantosneto , and to decide for yourself if my music deserves your vote. In any case, I am grateful for your attention.

Credits:
Produced by Kabir Sehgal and Jovino Santos Neto
Released on July 16, 2021 on Tiger Turn Records
Recorded on November 5, 2020 in one single continuous take on a Fazioli F278 grand piano courtesy of Pianos Northwest in Bellevue, WA

Recording engineer: Martin Buff

Mastered by Bruce Brown at Puget Sound Studios

Cover photography and design: Luzia Grob dos Santos

LUZ cover image.jpg

Reactions: andromedaaudio

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Wow! Congrats to you as well for being part of that production! I read this and already knew whether or not I liked the music...the production/mastering quality would be sensational! Will definitely go check it out!

Reactions: Bruce B

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing