Listening To Kenny G

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Heard about this on my favorite podcast....https://www.econtalk.org/penny-lane-on-loving-and-loathing-kenny-g/#comment-289878

Reactions: rando

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
LOL Kenny G. I grew up listening to his music and have seen him in concert countless number of times.

Reactions: jadis

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Being a bit disingenuous. Almost all artist follow a formula. If you bomb the record companies will avoid you like the plague. He might not have known what sells in the beginning but he certainly learned.
Nobody has to explain success. It speaks for itself. I recall musicians were of James Brown. How simple his music is. Wildly popular nonethess..

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I think it fair to say Kenny G has aged better than John Tesh or many other questionably effete acts of that period.

On a lark I bought discs of three early albums. They are hilarious, effete, recondite... less embarrassing than disco.

He is still the butt of a few jokes that resurfaced when his son MAX G didn't make it on talent alone.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

Attachments

• 51A2E360-ABAE-4E62-9C67-990D0038994A.jpeg
    51A2E360-ABAE-4E62-9C67-990D0038994A.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Haha

AB76

Jan 17, 2022
I think it fair to say Kenny G has aged better than John Tesh or many other questionably effete acts of that period.

On a lark I bought discs of three early albums. They are hilarious, effete, recondite... less embarrassing than disco.

He is still the butt of a few jokes that resurfaced when his son MAX G didn't make it on talent alone.
Who hasn't aged better than John Tesh musically? Yoko? Captain and Tennille? The total absence of sound? Just having fun, but I saw "kenny G" and Tesh. Hope everyone is having a great night.

• Haha

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing