Lumin U2 Mini

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
Well HQPlayer support has been there since the early stage of Roon’s development. Just because it is well demanded in their community. And apart from that it’s the worldwide leading upsampling and convolution/DRC rendering tool.
Sure it’s not a complete mainstream product but very important to users that will achieve the best sound quality of their setup.

So LUMIN should provide a better „answer“ to their customers asking this for many years than just saying „it’s not supported“

saurabhg

Feb 12, 2024
Atlanta ga
Looking for some feedback from folks here.

1. Can anyone please comment on the 'upsampling' feature on Lumin .. is it better.. or Room up sampling is good enough?
2. Is Lumin U2 mini mod with LPS comparable to U2 ?
3. For a pure streamer perspective how does U2 mini compare with DMP a-8 ? I currently own one..

NekoAudio

Oct 28, 2023
San Jose, California
www.nekoaudio.com
1. Can anyone please comment on the 'upsampling' feature on Lumin .. is it better.. or Room up sampling is good enough?
The Lumin resampling functionality is slightly different than Roon's implementation.

For example, in Roon I can resample 176.4kHz to 44.1kHz, 48kHz, or 96kHz. But Lumin will let me resample 176.4kHz to 88.2kHz or 44.1kHz as well as DSD over PCM (DoP). Roon can resample 384kHz to a max of 96kHz, while Lumin can resample it to 192kHz. Lumin also lets you choose to change the bit depth, in adition to the sample rate. Roon gives you a choice of sample rate conversion filters. (I checked all of these with a Lumin X1 and the latest version of Roon.)

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Looking for some feedback from folks here.

2. Is Lumin U2 mini mod with LPS comparable to U2 ?
3. For a pure streamer perspective how does U2 mini compare with DMP a-8 ? I currently own one..

If you use Roon on the Lumin it is as an endpoint, correct? Where are you running the Roon core?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing