Magico M7 2023

I presume "magicol" it's a typo and the word meant was "magical"? But let's dispense with this quickly. It's a David Karmeli tweak so I would not dismiss it. I'm quite friendly with David but he won't tell me what they are! I imagine if I bought his TT, it might be a different story. Good luck learning more.

David and I were working on that tweak concurrently and sharing notes and it was long before I ever bought his turntable. Magicol is a play on the brand name and the tweak’s effect. No typo.

Reactions: marty
The concern I have about the upper tier Magico speakers is the way they are connected to the speaker enclosure. While I'm certain they're clamping tech (i.e. through bolted to the rear enclosure) has sonic benefits it makes the speaker impossible to replace in the field and must be shipped back to the factory for replacement. It does look great!

My local dealer replaced a driver on my Magico mini two. I spent a day watching a dealer replace a driver in my friends Magico M Pro right in his listening room. At least those speakers were not required to be sent back to the factory. They both had the through bolts to the back plate. The challenge is the gasket on the front baffle.

Reactions: ScottK
My local dealer replaced a driver on my Magico mini two. I spent a day watching a dealer replace a driver in my friends Magico M Pro right in his listening room. At least those speakers were not required to be sent back to the factory. They both had the through bolts to the back plate. The challenge is the gasket on the front baffle.
Yes, the Magico dealer in Hong Kong offered on-site service such as replacement of drivers for the M6 and Q7 of my friends.

Reactions: ScottK and PeterA
Official specs:

MAGICO M7 LOUDSPEAKER SPECS

Configuration: 4-way, 6-driver design

Tweeter: MBD5D 1.1” (28mm) pure-beryllium, diamond-coated diaphragm

Midrange: MAG5004RTC 5” Gen 8 midrange driver

Midbass: MAG9508HE 9” Gen 8 midbass drivers (2)

Woofer: MAG12008HE 12” Gen 8 bass drivers (2)

Sensitivity: 92dB

Impedance: 4 ohms

Frequency Response: 18Hz—50kHz

Recommended power: 50W—1000W

Dimensions: 65H” (164cm) x 29D” (73cm) x 19.3W” (49cm)

Weight: 526 pounds (239kg)

I would be curious to hear this direct competitor to XVX!

I like the height of the M9. M7 at 65 inches really is not that tall.

Perhaps with its smaller woofer drivers the M7 might actually be a touch more resolving and delicate?

Perhaps with its smaller woofer drivers the M7 might actually be a touch more resolving and delicate?
Also the height of the tweeter could better on M7 and it's more @ ear level than M9 Becaue it's a shorter speaker .

5'5" is still a decent size and should work in most moderate to large rooms, I'd think.

Also, "smaller" = dual 12", not exactly small :)

To me the bigger question is - what are you giving up going to the M7? With appropriate subs dialed in well, I'd surmise probably not much again, in most rooms.

Reactions: AudioGod

Sometimes bigger woofers that weigh less may move less and work less actually result in more resolution and delicate sound with more nuance and realism.

Last edited:
5'5" is still a decent size and should work in most moderate to large rooms, I'd think.

Also, "smaller" = dual 12", not exactly small :)

To me the bigger question is - what are you giving up going to the M7? With appropriate subs dialed in well, I'd surmise probably not much again, in most rooms.
With subs I'm sure it can match the M9

Also the height of the tweeter could better on M7 and it's more @ ear level than M9 Becaue it's a shorter speaker .

The tweeter height might actually be similar between the two. If you look at the photographs the tweeter is below the mid range driver on the M9 but it is above the mid range driver on the M7.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing