Marantz 2265B Owner in need of an education on the Basics:

cdubyah1

Mar 4, 2023
Hello,

I am looking for an education. Looking for Marantz tips, tricks, and basic maintenance knowledge. I would love to hear advice on what to read, which website to search, anything I need to do to get more information on pampering my Marantz. Honestly, I don't know much more than setting up my receiver to my speakers and plugging it in. Right now I might have a bad right channel. It sounds staticky and the volume output is much lower that left channel (which sounds normal). Outside of cleaning my speaker input terminals I got nothing.

Thank you very much for any advice knowledge you can send my way!

See my baby below... I got this for $5 at a garage sale about 10 years ago. The wife was selling stuff and the husband didn't want to have anything to do with it. I saw this jewel in the corner of the garage and knew the wife would probably give it away but she yelled inside to hubby, "How much you want for your old receiver...?" He said, "five bucks". I said "Sold!" Took it to George Meyers in Los Angeles. When I went back to pick it up he benched tested for me and the sound just blew my away. Had to pay for tune up though...about $400.

cdubyah1

Attachments

• mrtnz.png
    mrtnz.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
So long as they checked the caps and measured well on the bench you are good to go! What speakers did you and CD and or turntable players did you also buy for $5:)

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hello,

I am looking for an education. Looking for Marantz tips, tricks, and basic maintenance knowledge. I would love to hear advice on what to read, which website to search, anything I need to do to get more information on pampering my Marantz. Honestly, I don't know much more than setting up my receiver to my speakers and plugging it in. Right now I might have a bad right channel. It sounds staticky and the volume output is much lower that left channel (which sounds normal). Outside of cleaning my speaker input terminals I got nothing.

Thank you very much for any advice knowledge you can send my way!

See my baby below... I got this for $5 at a garage sale about 10 years ago. The wife was selling stuff and the husband didn't want to have anything to do with it. I saw this jewel in the corner of the garage and knew the wife would probably give it away but she yelled inside to hubby, "How much you want for your old receiver...?" He said, "five bucks". I said "Sold!" Took it to George Meyers in Los Angeles. When I went back to pick it up he benched tested for me and the sound just blew my away. Had to pay for tune up though...about $400.

cdubyah1
Well if they checked it, and it is okay then both channels should behave the same. What you describe is not normal. It's easier to fix things when they start to fail, then after they do.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing