MG...not your regular MGB GT

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
That’s prettier than a Ferrari, isn’t it?
2F222B3A-1774-49F8-8E42-19CE82A6749B.jpeg

Reactions: ack

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Very nice :cool:

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015
Where is the suspension?

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
That’s prettier than a Ferrari, isn’t it?
View attachment 77061
It's called MG Cyberster. It was revealed on Shanghai Motor Show, April 2021.

The Cyberster’s intelligent all-electric architecture will enable an approximate EV range of 800km (500 miles) and deliver a 0-100km/h time (0-62mph) of less than three seconds, while the body is designed to enhance aerodynamic performance.

Looks like MG is trying to draw some attention from its Chinese clients and that would be Cyberster's reason to exist. As in many concept car cases, if it received enough approval from potential buyers, it might go into production phase, but for now it seems rather unlikely to happen.

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I had my father's circa 1972 MGB GT (British Racing Green with tan interior) in the early to mid-1980s. I had that car while I was living in Alexandria, Virginia and working on Capital Hill in DC.

Today I do not care for tiny cars, but I love the look of this MGB concept car!!!*

*But with eons-old problems with "British electrics" does an all-electric British car make any practical** sense?

**With a cool car like this who cares about practical?

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
I had my father's circa 1972 MGB GT (British Racing Green with tan interior) in the early to mid-1980s. I had that car while I was living in Alexandria, Virginia and working on Capital Hill in DC.

Today I do not care for tiny cars, but I love the look of this MGB concept car!!!*

*But with eons-old problems with "British electrics" does an all-electric British car make any practical** sense?

Not Lucas the prince of darkness I’m sure lol
(Loose Unsoldered Connections And Splices)

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK

Fear not - MG Motor vehicles s are built in China so likely to be far more relliable than Longbridge-built ones from earlier MG Cars days

Andrew S.

Mar 20, 2021
Hobart, Tasmania

I love the Merc you bought. Such a smart buy, and beautiful. Would sticker still > $300k here…

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com

Precisely. This car was definitely created to lure attention and some potential buyers, particularly in China, who are looking for an original style and want to be different than their collegues who own Porsche, Maserati etc. Some might just be car collectors and want to have another interesting position in their garage. No matter the motivation, such buyers in vast majority of cases already own other, much more "practical" car. No automaker would resist to put a concept car into production if enough demand is met. The question here is - was there enough demand?

Reactions: Andrew S.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing