Mola Mola Tambaqui question

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I'm getting a good deal on one. I currently have the Holo Audio May KTE. To be honest, I think the May is excellent, and coming from the Chord TT2, it really is a no-contest in terms of realism and 3d soundstage that the May provides. I said to myself about two years ago after hearing the May in my system that I will only go for R2R designs because I have never heard a chip-based dac present music in this natural way. But here I am, looking at a good deal on a Tambaqui and I am wondering if it will be an upgrade to my system or just a different flavor. Maybe I should just save money and stick with a higher end r2r dac like MSB or Aries Cerat? hmm
What about R2R chips like the BB PCM63 and PCM1704 or AD 1865 or AD1862 or UltraAnalog D20400A?? I find these to sound better than just about all of the new crop of macro-resistor based R2R dacs like the May or Denafrips.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing