More than 15,000 scientists from 184 countries issue 'warning to humanity'

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Norway, Canada ...
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ys-norway-canada-oil-violates-children-rights

Greta Thunberg attends a news conference at the COP25 Climate Conference in Madrid, Spain, Dec. 9.

If like me you like to ski check first the mountain you like to hit; or go to the mall with fake snow.
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...abandoned-tourism-and-climate-change-the-alps

This is the news I'm looking for to read for the next five-ten years till it becomes non-existent ...
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-O...ause-Saudi-Budget-Deficit-To-Balloon.amp.html

Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
If anyone is nervous about global warming it should be the Dutch, as much of the country already is below sea level. They seem more excited by the possibility of higher average temperatures, than they seem concerned about going underwater.
I believe the Dutch are less immediately concerned about sea level rise because they have an ingenious plan to float to higher ground on top of some of those giant cheese wheels they have in the shops... they worked that all out while toking on some weed and tasting some lovely homemade hash cookies in the local cafe. One of the many reasons the Dutch are so chilled and also perhaps a tad spaced out.
Geen politiek and geen religie!

(I'm sure Ron will recognize that;))

In Australia we make no attempt to communicate in any way that will facilitate easy understanding.

So typically an Aussie response may be ‘don’t come the raw prawn with me maaate’

However I was raised with a simple ‘no discussion of politics or religion at the table or in the bar... which I believe was my father’s wise and lasting great contribution to creating world peace, harmonious digestion and stopping painful discussions at the pub that we owned... sport was always OK for any unilateral discussion.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Norway, Canada ...
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ys-norway-canada-oil-violates-children-rights

Greta Thunberg attends a news conference at the COP25 Climate Conference in Madrid, Spain, Dec. 9.

Bringing up Greta is at this point probably counterproductive to the argument. It seems she is to some posters in this thread what the red flag is to the bull...;)

If like me you like to ski check first the mountain you like to hit; or go to the mall with fake snow.
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...abandoned-tourism-and-climate-change-the-alps

I was born in the U.S., but grew up in Austria where there usually was lots of snow. There was *always* snow at Christmas -- until 1980, which was the first year without snow, at least if you did not live in the mountains. That was the first sign that something was up. From then on, snow at Christmas became an unpredictable on-off occurrence.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I wouldn't put much attention to Greta; she's mainly a vehicle to access its auto pilot system...the scientists of climate changes. She even said it earlier today; don't check her, check the analysis of expert scientists.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/greta-asks-media-to-focus-on-other-young-climate-activists-1.4721381

I wanted to bring Norway and Canada into the equation, on the business of oil affairs. Greta just happened to be in that circle, that's all.
Kid's fine, it's the others who are not, the ones dismissing science.

Reactions: Al M.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Gentlemen

I have to interject here with an announcement

I have been overloaded today wrt reported posts in this thread regarding "No Politics"

In spite of Ron's admonitions the problem continues and there were countless posts after his warning re politics

Simply put, our TOS specify in section 10 "no politics"

We all come here for varied reasons but by and large it is the love of audio that unites us. Short of that we are different in every way including audio and all too frequently we let the little things that make up our differences tear us apart and before you know it grown men are hurling epithets at one another. This is unnecessary, childish and sheds a bad light on th participants Plus it makes my job even busier

I say take the high road and ignore the poster by using the ignore button but if something offends you , report the post rather than hurling insults at one another. This serves no purpose. Let Ron and I deal with the reported post and poster which BTW is also mentioned in our TOS

https://whatsbestforum.com/threads/terms-of-service.1207/#post-13195

I have decided once and for all that there will be a provided remedy for those who continue to feel that no politics doesn't necessarily mean no po;itics

I understand there is a very fine line in many of our ongoing threads. Plan on collecting my thoughts on the issue and will post tomorrow a way that I feel to be fair and just. But once and for all gentlemen, Please.......No Politics

I will post it in the Forum Announcements and Suggestions Forum

Sorry to have interrupted but it is this thread that is giving angst to many members so I thought i would start here.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

KlausR.

Dec 13, 2010
If anyone is nervous about global warming it should be the Dutch, as much of the country already is below sea level. They seem more excited by the possibility of higher average temperatures, than they seem concerned about going underwater.

The Dutch engineers consider that the current defences will withstand 1 m sea level rise, and to the best of my knowledge they invest 1B€ each year in those defences. The issue of going underwater is more in all those countries with no coastal defences at all, or without any consideration for/investments in their existing natural defences.

Reactions: Al M.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Gentlemen

I have to interject here with an announcement

I have been overloaded today wrt reported posts in this thread regarding "No Politics"

In spite of Ron's admonitions the problem continues and there were countless posts after his warning re politics

Simply put, our TOS specify in section 10 "no politics"

We all come here for varied reasons but by and large it is the love of audio that unites us. Short of that we are different in every way including audio and all too frequently we let the little things that make up our differences tear us apart and before you know it grown men are hurling epithets at one another. This is unnecessary, childish and sheds a bad light on th participants Plus it makes my job even busier

I say take the high road and ignore the poster by using the ignore button but if something offends you , report the post rather than hurling insults at one another. This serves no purpose. Let Ron and I deal with the reported post and poster which BTW is also mentioned in our TOS

https://whatsbestforum.com/threads/terms-of-service.1207/#post-13195

I have decided once and for all that there will be a provided remedy for those who continue to feel that no politics doesn't necessarily mean no po;itics

I understand there is a very fine line in many of our ongoing threads. Plan on collecting my thoughts on the issue and will post tomorrow a way that I feel to be fair and just. But once and for all gentlemen, Please.......No Politics

I will post it in the Forum Announcements and Suggestions Forum

Sorry to have interrupted but it is this thread that is giving angst to many members so I thought i would start here.

Thank you, Steve. It is difficult to draw the line in some cases, so I don’t comment on posts which only tangentially touch upon politics.

But posts with direct political or partisan assertion are clearly political and thus are impermissible.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Thank you, Steve. It is difficult to draw the line in some cases, so I don’t comment on posts which only tangentially touch upon politics.

But posts with direct political or partisan assertion are clearly political and thus are impermissible.

Unsderstood, Ron.

That is also why two days ago I did not let my exchange with ddk escalate.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
It's the people with grandchildren that are the most focused on not leaving a healthy planet for them.

Anyone who is an ardent Trump supporter, an "always Trumper," supports the defunding of the EPA and deleting all of the climate change info from government servers.

Owning a Prius isn't enough.

That is utter bull$shit from both you and Steve, please get over yourselves. This is a false statement and narrative.
You have no clue about what My conservative friends think about this subject.

Reactions: djsina2

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
That is utter bull$shit from both you and Steve, please get over yourselves. This is a false statement and narrative.
You have no clue about what My conservative friends think about this subject.

Mike

I'm lost . What did I say that is BS

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Reactions: Steve Williams
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing