• Desktop1920-5499.jpg
    Desktop1920-5499.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

VinylSavor

May 15, 2018
Lindau, Germany
www.vinylsavor.com
Hi!
Obviously I like the looks of my own amps and preamps since I make them the way I want them to look. But I don't want to brag about my own creations. Here some examples of amps and preamps I think are classic and timeless. The number one is the Threshold Fet two. preamp. The original one not the series 2. This was a stunningly minimalistic design, well thought through down to the tapering of the knobs. Unfortunately they placed the knobs in an awkward way in the series 2 which destroyed the looks for me. Next is the Threshold Stasis S500 power amp. Again simple and time less. I admit the handles I use on some of my amps are inspired by the Threshold handles. And finally the Audio Research SP9. I just love that laboratory look. I used to own all these in the 1980ies. I sold the Thresholds a long time ago but a few years ago searched and found a Few two again which I just bought for the looks. I still have my SP9 which I kept for nostalgic reasons

Attachments

• F2.jpg
    F2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 22
  • S500.jpg
    S500.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 25
  • SP9.jpg
    SP9.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: jackelsson

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
This thread truly reveals the wide array of opinions. IMO it's the Jeff Rowland Corus,
1574456371686.jpeg

Reactions: NorthStar

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing