MSB Signature + Powerbase, fully loaded

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
This has the signature powerbase, volume control and the 384 kHz USB input. Total package list price $23,000, now selling at a huge discount for $13,500
. Paypal add 3%.
Signature DACIV.JPG

Dac is no longer for sale. I had my eyes on a used Diamond with Galaxy clock that I thought I had agreed to buy, pending sale of my signature, but the seller bailed on me, so I'll keep the signature and get the Femto clock. Oh well. On the upside, I Just saved myself a boatload of cash...

As digital gear changes changes/improves faster than the weather and becomes cheaper by the day, it's hard to imagine investing that type of money in a piece of digital gear that is on its way to obsolescence as soon as you take ownership of it.

mep,

I don't see how a DAC can be "obsolete". Sure, better DACs can come up, but so can better amps and better turntables.
And as far as DACs go, the MSB is fairly future proof, being capable, today, of 32/384 (and 2xDSD), and being theoretically capable of Mhz speed.
Just as an example, the MSB was retrofitted with DSD capability with a simple software upgrade, totally free to the end user.

alexandre

That's a good thing with the MSB and Playback Designs where they can be upgraded via USB. Pretty much future proof!

That is a cool feature and shows good engineering on MSB's part.

As digital gear changes changes/improves faster than the weather and becomes cheaper by the day, it's hard to imagine investing that type of money in a piece of digital gear that is on its way to obsolescence as soon as you take ownership of it.

Mep, I hear you on the fast depreciation of digital gear, but as long as utility (i.e. musical enjoyment) exceeds annual total cost ownership (depreciation + cost of capital), I am still buying (as long as annual total cost of ownership does not exceed annual discretionary funds available for toys).

Buying use helps these economics tremendously, because on new digital gear you will depreciate up to 60% in the first 3 years (so $2K per year on a $10K piece), whereas if you buy a two year old digital piece for 50%-60% (say new of retail, you can own it for three years and depreciate may be 5% per year.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing