Munchen High end show 2022

I m going 19 - 22 may to the show in munchen

Who s going?
What brands you wanna hear ??

IMG_9857.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I see no cancellation info on the site , so i assume its on.

I would want to hear Halcro and Robert Koda but they dont exhibit unfortunately .
Gryphon audio designs does exhibit so im definetively gonna hear their new amps / speakers
For the rest i like to hear the usual names like Wilson , Avalon , Magico , Audio research etc ( many more ).

Last edited:
Your loss if you do that... ;)
I m gonna go 2 days to see it all .
Im gonna do a thoroughly visit report with pics and everything .
Im gonna visit all rooms while im there ,.
Even in the most horrible sounding horn rooms i will try to force myself to stay at least 3 - 4 songs ( without ear plugs ), so i will never have to go through this again:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobvin
I m gonna go 2 days to see it all .
Im gonna do a throughly visit report with pics and everything .
Im gonna visit all rooms while im there ,.
Even in the most horrible sounding horn rooms i will try to force myself to stay at least 3 - 4 songs ( without ear plugs ), so i will never have to go through this again:cool:
you will need 3 days to properly see/hear it all...trust me I have been going to this show since 2002 (when it was still at the Kempinski hotel in Frankfurt).

Reactions: hogen
you will need 3 days to properly see/hear it all...trust me I have been going to this show since 2002 (when it was still at the Kempinski hotel in Frankfurt).
Okay , i will take your word for it , if i can t stand it anymore i can always do some sightseeing in munchen. :).

I d love to go to the New port Beach show as well , as the " beach" offers a nice escape route :D

Last edited:
Okay , i will take your word for it , if i can t stand it anymore i can always do some sightseeing in munchen. :).

I d love to go to the New port Beach show as well , as the " beach" offers a nice escape route :D
You can trust morricab on that... In my experience, two days requires proper planning and you're still likely to miss a lot that you meant to check out. My first Munich show was in 2013 and it still happens to me... And don't forget Hifi Deluxe at the Marriott.

I have a hotel booked but I'm doubtful the show will happen this year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Reactions: andromedaaudio
You can trust morricab on that... In my experience, two days requires proper planning and you're still likely to miss a lot that you meant to check out. My first Munich show was in 2013 and it still happens to me... And don't forget Hifi Deluxe at the Marriott.

I have a hotel booked but I'm doubtful the show will happen this year. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Oh yes, some of the best rooms in recent years were at the Hifi Deluxe show

Reactions: Fred Crane
The last thing i heard is that Tannoy westminster is demonstrating in the coffee room .
They will mount a large flat top on the horns and 4 chairs around them .
Those are suited especially well for back ground music :)

At least its a step from a previous show i went too ( pre WBF years ) when they were placed in the hall outside in between rooms to do their thing

1641971454458.png

Last edited:
The last thing i heard is that Tannoy westminster is demonstrating in the coffee room .
They will mount a large flat top on the horns and 4 chairs around them .
Those are suited especially well for back ground music :)

At least its a step from a previous show i went too ( pre WBF years ) when they were placed in the hall outside in between rooms to do their thing

View attachment 87941
There have been shows in the past where they were demoed to good effect in a large demo room. Not the best sound at the show (IMO, the choice of Accuphase gear was not the best for this speaker...the CAT JL2 signature or similar would have been a better choice..) but not bad and quite dynamic as you might expect from a horn loaded driver.

Reactions: andromedaaudio
With everything going on at the moment, I don't see the show happening. If it goes ahead, I will go.
By the way, doing it all in 2 days is hard.

Reactions: GMKF
I really fancy going to this - I'm ashamed to say I've never been to the Munich show - but I'll leave it until the last minute as well.

I think it ll be on , i have never been at the munchen show as well
You might have to show a vaccin and or booster card .
The last show i visited ( NL last year ) a vaccination card was required.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing