Munich HighEnd 2024

Kharma veyron / kharma amps sounded the best i have ever heard them .
Due to the DAC they were using ?
Where they using the new MSB?.
Dont understand why kharma isnt demoing with the Atlantis DAC .
Both showy luxurious brands , fits nice together.

Request :

Next year kharma exquisite classic on VTL or Convergent with wadax digital

Last edited:
And what about the compression driver?
The d120 uses a 1inch compression driver, with non-metal dome, and with an extreme extension to the high frequency (25KHz at -6dB), due to the compression driver, the crossover and the small horn, and obviously with a pretty high crossover frequency in this case, 3KHz.
The 12-inch bass/mid is almost a full range driver, with very light moving part and a high bandwidth motor, a very specific custom driver.

I did , it sounded quit nice .
The solid state amplifier doesnt harsh on top .
Indeed, due the the (solid state) amplifier AND the digital source as well, including the DAC, roon core, streamer, ethernet siwtch, ethernet cable... the full digital ecosystem.

Kharma veyron / kharma amps sounded the best i have ever heard them .
Due to the DAC they were using ?
Where they using the new MSB?.
Dont understand why kharma isnt demoing with the Atlantis DAC .
Both showy luxurious brands , fits nice together.

Request :

Next year kharma exquisite classic on VTL or Convergent with wadax digital
Yes, MSB. And Oladra - like in a few other rooms.

Attachments

• 20240510_163549.jpg
    20240510_163549.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: GuyB
The d120 uses a 1inch compression driver, with non-metal dome, and with an extreme extension to the high frequency (25KHz at -6dB), due to the compression driver, the crossover and the small horn, and obviously with a pretty high crossover frequency in this case, 3KHz.
The 12-inch bass/mid is almost a full range driver, with very light moving part and a high bandwidth motor, a very specific custom driver.
Interesting, do you want to disclosure the manufacturer of the compression driver?

Has MSB made a step ahead ?
Could be
Ahead of whom or what?

In any case, very good digital equipment - both MSB and the Oladra. MSB itself also ran such a combination and in at least one other room. It doesn't always have to be Taiko or Wadax ...

Ahead of whom or what?

In any case, very good digital equipment - both MSB and the Oladra. MSB itself also ran such a combination and in at least one other room. It doesn't always have to be Taiko or Wadax ...
Yes, but Oladra plus Cascade is 125k, Taiko Olympus with integrated DAC is much cheaper :cool:

Nice to see a direct response from a manufacturer.

I guess one of the design objectives was to cover the vocal range with a single driver and use a smaller horn to match directivity with the (beaming) 12"?

I appreciate the artisanal approach.

1716583993442.png1716584050215.png

Yes, but Oladra plus Cascade is 125k, Taiko Olympus with integrated DAC is much cheaper :cool:
I don't know which specific MSB-Dacs were used in each of the at least 3 rooms.

I hope to be able to listen to the Olympus sometime.

The feeling of very high frequency is not the same with a big horn, it sounds like rolled off (for me).
I know what you're referring to. With a smaller horn (=shorter horn path) there's a perception of more direct sound.
This may subjectively work better with direct radiating woofers, as is the case with the D100, 110, 120.

Last edited:
[please forgive my poor English]

I am regularly in contact with a WBF member who just ordered a pair of AlsyVox Botticelli X.
He attended Munich 2024. His decision is based on a long listening session made after Munich (as a validation before buying).
He listens mainly to classical music (as I do). I hardly spoke about AlsyVox with him so as not to influence him.
[Update: I had also urged him to go and listen to the Diptyque room, which he did, given the very good feedback from the two first days]

Personally, I find the AlsyVox extremely expensive, but simply jaw-dropping too (jaw-dropping specs for a panel, jaw-dropping sound if properly setup). By far my best sound of the show in Veldhoven, The Netherlands, in 2023.

(I know the Diptyque DP-140 MKII quite well too, powered with "hybrid" Kora electronics; very nice but not "perfect" - If I was buying something, the DP-140 MKII wouldn't be my choice to convey music, but as products, they are terrific - I never heard the bigger models DP 160MKII and Reference - very interesting French brand anyway).
I would like to see someone compare AlsyVox Speakers to the all new Metaxas Reference Electrostatic Loudspeakers with the Electrostatic Bass Panel Wings .....

Last edited:
I would like to see someone compare AlsyVox Speakers to the all new Metaxas Reference Electrostatic Loudspeakers with the Electrostatic Bass Panel Wings .....
I was really disappointed that Metaxas provided no listening

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing