My Little Barn

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 13, 2014
Nothern California Wine Country
I hope you don't live in earthquake country.

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe
What a stunning setup on all levels! What a great vibe that barn has. I love it!
Many thanks for the compliment.

I hope you don't live in earthquake country.
Not really. We have several buildings from the Middle Ages in the historic center of the municipality (from the 13th to the 16th century). They were all built with bricks and they are still standing. My late 19th century little farmhouse is a very young lady compared to these buildings.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I just read the top post again where you said in the future you might look at a SAT arm. Of course that was over a year ago. That said if you wanted to listen to a brinkmann balance also through the Allnic phono with a variety of carts on the FR 66s arm, the set up is close to kings cross were the eurostar pulls in to. Quite outstanding

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe
I just read the top post again where you said in the future you might look at a SAT arm. Of course that was over a year ago. That said if you wanted to listen to a brinkmann balance also through the Allnic phono with a variety of carts on the FR 66s arm, the set up is close to kings cross were the eurostar pulls in to. Quite outstanding
Hi Ked,

Many thanks for the heads up. I have not made my mind yet. My focus over the last 12 months was to get the Studer tape deck fully upgraded which is finally behind me. I also purchased a lot of tapes and LPs hence my rather low contribution to the forum. A new arm is still on my agenda as well as a new cartridge but there is no hurry. As I have a single tonearm setup, I want to be sure that I am making the right choice and get a good arm/cartridge combo.

Kind regards,

Denis

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Ked,

Many thanks for the heads up. I have not made my mind yet. My focus over the last 12 months was to get the Studer tape deck fully upgraded which is finally behind me. I also purchased a lot of tapes and LPs hence my rather low contribution to the forum. A new arm is still on my agenda as well as a new cartridge but there is no hurry. As I have a single tonearm setup, I want to be sure that I am making the right choice and get a good arm/cartridge combo.

Kind regards,

Denis
LPs and tapes always the better choice

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing