My Torqueo audio T34 exclusive Zebrano is Up and Playing.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
So you liked it a lot? That little summary is pretty much everything you want from a component, esp a source.

Yes it's quite good. I think if good TTs are well set up it is hard to decide which one you want and if you are willing to pay up for it.

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
At Gian's with the Lyra atlas SL into the CH the Torqeo was not lush. It had details, loads of stage, bass and slam.
I never said that its only lush and that it :) . it basically have it all, but when you compare it to an High end machinery like the AF line, you probably will hear those big juicy lush characteristics that idler pushes thru the signal.
it has very big presentation Slam and air around instruments- to do some live performances - Very Live!
i bet some of the nuances and comparisons differences are based on matching tonearms/cartridges and audiophiles vocabularies ;)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So Byrd, it has resolution etc, but a certain idler character overlayed/inherent?
Let's ask this another way, in what respects is the AF3 "not lush"?

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
So Byrd, it has resolution etc, but a certain idler character overlayed/inherent?
Let's ask this another way, in what respects is the AF3 "not lush"?

I thing the lack of abilities to translate between what we hear and described for our-self and what is really playing for other PPL is the Gap.
the AF3 is more superlative and balance in a full scale of the music.
the T34 has more "mid bump, big and juicy presentation to it"
less micro dynamic and abilities to render those very HARD passages from
lets say "Mahler 5"... or "Stravinsky fire bird" for example.
i don't have much history with idlers, i just tell as it is when i hear it in my own system.
i love the T34 and with my 407 and sumile cart its sound fabulous!
very good in fact, better then what i was expected actually. it has his own color and it very much heard across the lp's i tried, but you can still hear the color of the real production. its not overlay in such matter. and yes, i called it LUSH sounding :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing