need suggestion in improving my stereo system

T

thelivingflesh

Hello,
I am new here so please forgive any mistakes.

I had a complete stereo system which i loved 100% but had to sell it. Now i am back in it again.
I need something which can atleast match or surpass the quality i was getting before in just stereo, not movies or anything.
The previous system was

Speakers: B&W CM9 made in china
amplifier: Krell KAV3250e [250watt per channel @8ohms]
Pre.amp: Arcam FMJ-A29
Streamer: Naim ND5 XS - on tidal
RCA: Van Damme Pro Grade
Spk cable: Kimber kable 12TC
*Room was not acoustically treated.

It sounded excellent and was perfect. Now the current setup i have is this. What should i upgrade in this setup.
I have an offer of trade in of triangle speakers with kef reference model 1 uk made.

Speakers: Triangle Antal EX Espirit made in china
amplifier: NAD C272 300watt per channel in monoblock configuration
amplifier 2: NAD C272 300watt per channel in monoblock configuration
Pre.amp: Audiolab 8000C
Streamer: Marantz MCR610
RCA: Some old monster cables
Spk cable: Kimber kable 12TC
*Room has been acoustically treated.

Recommendations please.
If i go down the cm9 line, its gonna cost me around a $1500 more while staying with KEF costs nothing.
Please advise.

Thankyou

Enjoy the journey of assembling a new system. At AXPONA this year the room with Morel speakers (Avyra 633) and Hegel integrated amp (I think H390) sounded pretty good and it is at the price level of the listed components above. The Hegel is also well matched with ELAC speakers. The ELAC 509 will be my preference, if you have the space.

For a small and flexible "reach" system, I will propose the Accuphase E-800 (with built in DAC) and German Physiks HRS-130 speakers. However, this system will be more expensive than the components you listed above.

My only advice in this journey, is to be prudent with your selections. All purchased components must be worth keeping.

Good luck. B

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing