The All Analog, All Lamm, PBN M2!5 System of JeffreyT

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
View attachment 87252
System update!

I’ve been experimenting with the Hartsfield’s and their extremely high level of resolution for a few months. Because they sat unused for many years, I had the break them in again. The SIT3 was great at the beginning but as the speakers came more alive the miss match between the amp and the speakers became apparent, manifested in distortion in the midrange. So it was sold.

I’ve always enjoyed the sound of EL34 tubes in guitar and stereo amps. I was able to purchase an Air Tight ATM-1s at a very good price and it seems to be matching extremely well with the Hartsfields. And the fit and finish of the Air Tight ear is beyond reproach.

Awesome looking speakers.

Id suggest trying some mullards in the air tight. Will take some time to break in.

Reactions: jeff1225

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Awesome looking speakers.

Id suggest trying some mullards in the air tight. Will take some time to break in.
Thank you...I'm looking for some vintage Mullards. Do you have any sources you recommend for NOS Mullards?

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
This week will be a fun one! I have vintage Telefunken tubes coming for the Air Tight and the Luxman TVC is showing up. Also, my Christmas gift to myself is showing up as well, Ramar Berlin brush I ordered from Oswald's Mill.

1641824577238.png

Reactions: Audire

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Reactions: tima and jeff1225

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
This week will be a fun one! I have vintage Telefunken tubes coming for the Air Tight and the Luxman TVC is showing up. Also, my Christmas gift to myself is showing up as well, Ramar Berlin brush I ordered from Oswald's Mill.

View attachment 87841
I have vintage Telefunken E86C input tubes in my new amp! Very transparent

Reactions: jeff1225

mtbikenh

May 27, 2022
Raymore, MO
Ron,
Thank you for the awesome visit and the great write up. These speakers did indeed take about 1 year to break in, but the wait has been worth it. I was very happy with the way the system performed on Peter A's Shefffield drum record, the dynamics produced by the JBL 15's was a lot of fun to listen to. Here's a pic of the system you listened to:

View attachment 50315
jeffery_t

I am hoping are are around and willing to share your thoughts. Do you still have the M2!5 speakers? Are you still happy with them? Peter is currently building me a custom turntable. We have happily used his EPS2 speakers for over 12 years. He is trying to sell me on a pair of M2!5's. If you are willing to share some, please feel free to reach out off the forum.

Thanks,
Bill

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
jeffery_t

I am hoping are are around and willing to share your thoughts. Do you still have the M2!5 speakers? Are you still happy with them? Peter is currently building me a custom turntable. We have happily used his EPS2 speakers for over 12 years. He is trying to sell me on a pair of M2!5's. If you are willing to share some, please feel free to reach out off the forum.

Thanks,
Bill

no he doesn’t and he is not on the forum. He now has JBL Hartsfield

Reactions: PeterA

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing