New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Very interesting season , much better than any of us would have anticipated ... The Heat seems to unravel ... D-Wade jab at Erick Spoelstra will nothelp the situation .. I am looking forward for tonight Lakers game.. I would not write them off yet and SAs is looking almost scary .. On the East Philly is looking good and the Pacers too but whomever wins the East if they to face OKC , SAS or (I am praying here) the Lakers the Champion will remain in the West ...

If the Lakers tie the series tonight, it will be a best of 3. Imo, LAL can make the upset in a slow grinding end game IF they make it close. Here we see the new Lakers money man Kobe doing what Kareen did before, that is sink the baskets each time they need a clutch shot to stay close or win. A great luxury, if you ask me, to have Kobe (aged and banged up) on your side.

LAL has it's own big 3 and if 2 or 4 of them scores 20 or more, that would free up the need for the reserves to contribute big numbers, which they do not do consistently well. That is the key to LA winning games. Big 3, and maybe even WP, has to take the cudgels in scoring.

Looks like there are going to be lots of come from behind wins in the playoffs. I was watching the Lakers/OKC game from the 3rd Q onwards and noticed that LAL was doing things right and building double digit leads. The were driving in to fish for fouls and the shots were connecting until the 4th when OKC was able to make some stops slowly but surely. Starting from last year when Dallas would override a huge deficit to end up winning the game, to this season wherein Philly and SAS pull out incredible come from behind wins, and now tonight's OKC performance. Durant, when he nailed the 3 with under 20 secs left, was all ice, and all steel nerves. The play called for him, Westbrook trekked down the side corner and you know KD is NOT going to pass it up. Game was tied and he just needed a short 2 but he chose to attempt the long 3 and boy was it a huge deep nail. His emotions were high I'm sure in the inside but the guy was composed, no fist punching or chest bumping. Man, he just wants the game. And he's not the MVP?

Last edited:
Bitter loss for the Lakers. Frantz are you a believer yet. Lakers give up a 13 point lead. Definitely will be SAS vs OKC in the conference finals.

The thing is that the Lakers stopped playing late in the 4th quarters... Bynum and Kobe were playing their heart out .. Gasol was MIA and he is needed ... It wasn't so much OKC defense but a lack of offense just like game 2 .. The Lakers didn't score for two mins late in the quarter around maybe 3 minutes on the clock ...

The thing is that the Lakers stopped playing late in the 4th quarters... Bynum and Kobe were playing their heart out .. Gasol was MIA and he is needed ... It wasn't so much OKC defense but a lack of offense just like game 2 .. The Lakers didn't score for two mins late in the quarter around maybe 3 minutes on the clock ...

I have noticed this 'lapse' of offense too in some Boston losses when they were ahead early. It's called sustaining the lead by sheer stepping on the gas pedal. Unfortunately, factors like fatigue and confusion sets in when the other team steps on its own gas pedal to rally. Of the Lakers first 5, for of them logged in 40-43 minutes. 3 of them in the 30s. Plus they played only last night without a day's rest. Lakers played their hearts out virtually all game.Unfortunately, the outcome wasn't the desired one when the fat lady sang.

And tomorrow will be an equally crucial game for MIA.

Game was tied and he just needed a short 2 but he chose to attempt the long 3 and boy was it a huge deep nail. His emotions were high I'm sure in the inside but the guy was composed, no fist punching or chest bumping. Man, he just wants the game. And he's not the MVP?

I have watched KD play the whole year and as I have said time and again he was my MVP this year. No pomp or glitz or chest thumping like LBJ but rather a down to earth competitor. And yes Frantz given the opportunity I would take KD for the last shot in an important game over LBJ any day of the week

He and this team are really that good

As for Gasol next year Frantz, they would be nuts to keep him

Did anyone just hear Magic Johnson's pregame comments regarding Mike Brown when he said "I like Mike Brown, (big sigh) BUT, he doesn't know how to make ingame adjustments and that is what done him in in Orlando and then in Cleveland"

MIA evens series. I had the feeling yesterday that James needs to score 60 and take over the game. Well, he scored 40, but Wade added the 30. That's one way to take the offensive to Indiana's deliberate game. Now, I believe the Erik talk will be quiet for the meantime.

Spurs whitewash paper Clips. Gotta like that team. No trash talk. No egos. They just play basketball.

Spurs whitewash paper Clips. Gotta like that team. No trash talk. No egos. They just play basketball.

And despite having won 4 titles in the last few years, they still are focused, and emotionally motivated to win a 5th one.

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Warriors' officials are not denying reports, including one on ESPN, that the Oakland-based basketball team is ready to move across the Bay to San Francisco.

ESPN is quoting a source who said the Warriors are close to a deal to move to San Francisco. The source also said the team wants to move and is committed to making it happen.

On Sunday, Warriors' owner Joe Lacob said: "We are not prepared to make any announcements at this time."

It was just about a week ago that San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee sent out a letter that the city and supervisors are willing to work with the Warriors to move them over. SF leaders promised to build an arena at Piers 30 and 32.
Oakland Mayor Jean Quan has said that she is committed to keeping the Warriors in Oakland.

This would not become a reality until the 2017-18 season, but a decision would happen well before that.

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Warriors' officials are not denying reports, including one on ESPN, that the Oakland-based basketball team is ready to move across the Bay to San Francisco.

ESPN is quoting a source who said the Warriors are close to a deal to move to San Francisco. The source also said the team wants to move and is committed to making it happen.

On Sunday, Warriors' owner Joe Lacob said: "We are not prepared to make any announcements at this time."

It was just about a week ago that San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee sent out a letter that the city and supervisors are willing to work with the Warriors to move them over. SF leaders promised to build an arena at Piers 30 and 32.
Oakland Mayor Jean Quan has said that she is committed to keeping the Warriors in Oakland.

This would not become a reality until the 2017-18 season, but a decision would happen well before that.

Guess you can always go home :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu