New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Some OKC wins, and particularly this latest one, are the kind of wins past champion teams always seem to manage to grind out. Remember how Dallas came from behind in several games last year all the way to the championship. Looking like a Spurs - Thunder West matchup and I say it'll be a daunting task to stop KD and Company.

Some OKC wins, and particularly this latest one, are the kind of wins past champion teams always seem to manage to grind out. Remember how Dallas came from behind in several games last year all the way to the championship. Looking like a Spurs - Thunder West matchup and I say it'll be a daunting task to stop KD and Company.

that has been my feelings since the start of the season. I still believe they will win it all

I have never seen a playoff season where there are back to back games.

Friday-Saturday games should just about expend all of the Lakers energy. Clipps have similar back to back this weekend

neither have i, steve. that's amazing. why would the league put back to back playoff games? there's still much time. and one more thing that surprised me was how boston had to play philly on game 1 last monday when that monday was supposed to be a game 7 between boston and atlanta had there been a game 7. i mean, do they cancell out now your rest day just because you advanced? but miami, having wrapped up their 1st round series much earlier, played game 1 with indy on tuesday.and indy was done early too. there was no 'advancing' of their game 1.

agreed too, jerry. those are marks of a champion, or an 'incoming' champion' - if okc wins it all, which is highly probably. that interception by kd and the ensuing dunk was a huge play in their comeback, and kd making the game winning shot showed his determination in not wanting to lose that game. shades of magic, bird, mj, and kobe. the guy has steel nerves. i have been telling a close friend here since his sophomore year that kd will be a superstar and will be better as time goes by. he is showing it. now it's up to okc to prove they can win on the road. most champions are road warriors.

How smart do the Spurs look resting Duncan and playing him fewer mins during the season? Now he's playing like he's possessed in the playoffs :)

How smart do the Spurs look resting Duncan and playing him fewer mins during the season? Now he's playing like he's possessed in the playoffs :)

maybe that's why coach pop is coach of the year. :)

Regarding back to back west games, the next pacers -heat game is sun afternoon, a 2 day break for the 2 games qt Indiana. Weird...and the Heat better do some soul searching fast!

People!! Two games don't a championship make .. The Heat are not over yet, far from it. As for the Lakers let's wait and see... OKC wasn't winning the game the Lakers lost it, let's be clear about that.

Well, the Heat face a must-win on Game 4 on the road. Hibbert is an unsung center. Huge guy whom the Heat really have no bigs to contest with. 18 rebounds an d19 points tonight. Pacers will use this edge all series long. Suddenly the bench of MIA has disappeared. Call it a bad night for Wade but someone has to step up and step in the next few games for the Heat. Being early and heavy favorites in the East, they must not have expected this so far. And the Pacers are a fundamentally sound team. And looks like they are not going to be taken down easily.

As for the Lakers, agreed. They have 2 home games to tie the series. I suddenly am guessing that the back to back games may have to do with the scheduling of the Staples Center with the Clippers.

Indiana! :D

I like the Pacers too, hehe. :D

Primarily because Larry Bird is involved with the team. Now on record as the only one who won league and playoff MVPs, Coach of the Year and Executive of the Year.

I stopped following the NBA religiously after their loss to the Bulls in 1998 in Game 7 of their eastern playoffs. I'm just happy to see them back and with their Coach that year now as their President. While I was an LAL fan from birth, Bird and McHale were always two of my favorites. Come to think of it, I stopped being a Lakers fan when they knocked out the Pacers in 6 the next year. I wanted that Championship not just for Bird and Miller but more for Mullin who I considered the next best thing to Bird at the time. It sucked so bad, I even retired my game console on which I only really played NBA Live.

I stopped following the NBA religiously after their loss to the Bulls in 1998 in Game 7 of their eastern playoffs. I'm just happy to see them back and with their Coach that year now as their President. While I was an LAL fan from birth, Bird and McHale were always two of my favorites. Come to think of it, I stopped being a Lakers fan when they knocked out the Pacers in 6 the next year. I wanted that Championship not just for Bird and Miller but more for Mullin who I considered the next best thing to Bird at the time. It sucked so bad, I even retired my game console on which I only really played NBA Live.

That makes 2 of us happy at the Pacers' good showing of late, Jack. Maybe they will advance. And can you imagine, if Indiana and Boston BOTH advance, they will meet in the conference Finals. Loooong Shot. :D GM Bird vs GM Ainge. :D

I liked that Pacers team in 1998. Yeah, Mullin was a sentimental favorite. Clean cut, no frills fundamental player. I like most of their players that year, and the team the lost to Shaq and Kobe thereafter was good too. They came so close. Too bad for them, Shaq was at his peak of power then.

That makes 2 of us happy at the Pacers' good showing of late, Jack. Maybe they will advance. And can you imagine, if Indiana and Boston BOTH advance, they will meet in the conference Finals. Loooong Shot. :D GM Bird vs GM Ainge. :D

I liked that Pacers team in 1998. Yeah, Mullin was a sentimental favorite. Clean cut, no frills fundamental player. I like most of their players that year, and the team the lost to Shaq and Kobe thereafter was good too. They came so close. Too bad for them, Shaq was at his peak of power then.

You had to love Mullin. Here was a player to used every bit of his talent!

He had to exorcise some personal demons too!

I'll never forget the Spike vs Motormouth Reggie episode of the Knicks-Pacers rivalry of the mid-nineties. :D

I'll never forget the Spike vs Motormouth Reggie episode of the Knicks-Pacers rivalry of the mid-nineties. :D

Oh yeah...Trash-talking between player and fan. And if I'm not mistaken, the series had Reggie hit 2 three point baskets within a few seconds, in one game.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu