New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Bad call, Butler kicked Gordon. Big break for Heat.

Nail biter.

This is one heck of a game!

Miami goes ice cold in the 4th and Butler continues to be a no show with 8 points so far

Denver takes the lead at 73-71 and never look back until Butler makes 9 quick points to close to 86-85 and makes the next 2 to go ahead 87-86. Butler makes the next 2 free throws 89-88 Heat however Heat steals the show and go ahead 90-89 with 1:00 in the game . Butler gives the ball away with 24 seconds left and Denver goes ahead 92-89

Jokic and Murray put the finishing touches on the win as Denver win their very first championship

Final Denver 94-89. Great game and a great end to this NBA season

Pizza on me Jack ;)

Reactions: jadis
Great to see a new team win it all. They play great team ball and look to be around for a few years.

Reactions: jadis and Steveo
Well Phil, MPJ finally erupted as you wished!

You got the Pizza and I got the drinks Stevie! We can't wait wait to see you and Cathy. You gotta show me that server too :)

Congratulations to the Nuggets and to the City of Denver Colorado. Well, well, earned and deserved!

Any Pacers news at all? They've just moved one spot up on the longest never to win a title list :oops::p:p:p

Great to see a new team win it all. They play great team ball and look to be around for a few years.
A new team, and a team that was built through the draft and trades, no 'superstar recruitment of I join you or you join me'. That is the most commendable part of this Nuggets team. You can see the hard work and patience of the team, as preached by Malone. Many teams would buckle upon the tough comebacks of the Heat team and tonight the Nuggets proved they are a pressure cooker team. Hats off. Their journey has been effective. From the days of Jameer Nelson, Carmelo, Wilson Chandler leading to this roster, what a great job by their GM. Getting Pope and Brown was like finding gold in the mine. And to think that veterans like DeAndre Jordan, Reggie Jackson, and Ish Smith are back ups in case of need. Joker wanted them to get their rings too. And I almost forgot Jeff Green, a former Celtic, finally getting a ring. He played his role well.

Did DeAndre get any minutes in the first two rounds?

Well Phil, MPJ finally erupted as you wished!

You got the Pizza and I got the drinks Stevie! We can't wait wait to see you and Cathy. You gotta show me that server too :)

Congratulations to the Nuggets and to the City of Denver Colorado. Well, well, earned and deserved!

Any Pacers news at all? They've just moved one spot up on the longest never to win a title list :oops::p:p:p
Relief, and happy to see MPJ finally giving his best contribution when it mattered most - a clinching game. Nice young kid, I really like him.

Well, the consolation for the Pacers (upon my research) is that they won 3 ABA league titles while the Nuggets did not. LOL. Now the Denver won an NBA title, the Pacers will have to feel the pressure. :D

Last edited:
Did DeAndre get any minutes in the first two rounds?
I don't think so Jack, but he played 3 minutes today (tonight for them).

One thing that Denver solved or navigated very well, where other Eastern teams failed, was to beat the zone and double teaming that Spo has mastered. Excellent court awareness by the Nuggets players made them bust a lot of double teaming plays which end up with good shots. It really helps when your center is a terrific passer. And another thing, they were able to stop the open 3s of the Heat after game 2. All Heat losses they were under 100 points. I noticed too that virtually all Nuggets in the rotation are 2 way players.

Brian Windhorst's one word to describe the Nuggets - Organic. 'This team wasn't built by the lottery. They didn't demand a trade here. They drafted and developed really well'.

One can also say that about the Miami team, except that 7 of their players were undrafted. They also developed very well, except that the talent level of the Nuggets team is really a cut above them.

I noticed too that virtually all Nuggets in the rotation are 2 way players.

The blueprint for contenders to follow in the coming years. D wins chips as they say. This level of defensive effort is unsustainable for an 82 game regular season but come playoff time.......

I think this season puts to rest the notion that today's brand of basketball is soft. Larry Legend said it first that this is foolishness and soon after Gilbert Arenas echoed it as well. Many legends of the 80s and 90s have been saying that that wasn't tough D they went through rather it was sanctioned fouling. Fouling requires no skill except maybe if one means fouling without getting caught LOL

Like Isaiah Thomas said, players today are more skilled and have on average better conditioning.

Personally I look in dismay over comparisons between eras. I like how the top chess players look at it with regards to their game. They simply acknowledge the fact that each generation stands on the shoulders of those that came before.

The game is in a good place and I feel fortunate to be able to witness its evolution not just in the NBA but at all levels.

Hey Phil, remember in elementary school how the division was called midgets (High School - Juniors, University - Seniors)?

I wonder if that is still acceptable in this PC age. I'll ask my son if it is still in use.

Last edited:
The blueprint for contenders to follow in the coming years. D wins chips as they say. This level of defensive effort is unsustainable for an 82 game regular season but come playoff time.......

I think this season puts to rest the notion that today's brand of basketball is soft. Larry Legend said it first that this is foolishness and soon after Gilbert Arenas echoed it as well. Many legends of the 80s and 90s have been saying that that wasn't tough D they went through rather it was sanctioned fouling. Fouling requires no skill except maybe if one means fouling without getting caught LOL

Like Isaiah Thomas said, players today are more skilled and have on average better conditioning.

Personally I look in dismay over comparisons between eras. I like how the top chess players look at it with regards to their game. They simply acknowledge the fact that each generation stands on the shoulders of those that came before.

The game is in a good place and I feel fortunate to be able to witness its evolution not just in the NBA but at all levels.

Hey Phil, remember in elementary school how the division was called midgets (High School - Juniors, University - Seniors)?

I wonder if that is still acceptable in this PC age. I'll ask my son if it is still in use.
Yes Jack, Midgets, LOL, have to go back a long way for that.

Somehow, my all-time (just counting my time) most impressive defense was that of Chuck Daly. We Celtics tasted it first hand but we were able to beat them for a few years till they finally got us, and they would do the same thing to the Bulls and the Lakers. Of course they had the manpower or beef to do it, Rodman, Sally, Mahorn, Laimbeer, not to mention Thomas and Dumars on the 'small' side. Next era was the very physical D played by the Heat of JVG and Knicks of Riley which sometimes results in hot altercations and even fight culminated by the later era Pacers Pistons super brawl (Ron Artest and Ben Wallace) which changed the league rules forever. The end of sanctioned hard fouls. These days defense have to be clean and honest, I personally like the D of the Celtics last season under Udoka. As I mentioned, Denver's biggest challenge was to counter the zone of Miami as that kind of Heat defense often leads to them making comebacks a habitual thing. And on top of that, Denver designed their own D to counter the multiple 3 ball shooters of the Heat. The only win of the Heat was a result of their 3 ball shooting spree, as they did much in their Eastern campaign. Game 5 was probably the lowest 3 ball output for both teams, and each team had to go back to the traditional 2 ball, inside and medium range games. In a way, that was how Denver was able to force Miami to play 2 ball, we won't let you shoot open and uncontested 3s. Lowry was the only exception. :D For some reasons, opponents don't get killed by Lowry's 3s, but they get killed by the outburst of 3s by either Martin, Vincent, Strus, or Robinson. That is based on the scoresheets but I don't know why that is. :D

Indeed, this season is the best in recent memory, as Steve had said many times, and despite our home teams not winning, we still enjoy the game that we all love in the end. On to the next. I'll be checking on who the C's trade for since they have virtually no significant draft pick. LOL

Coach Malone in an interview after the game that in his first 3 seasons, they had a losing record each year, and if he didn't have the trust of the ownership, he would have been fired. He stayed until his 8th year and this is the reward to the owners. Lesson - don't keep firing your coaches. :D

A new team, and a team that was built through the draft and trades, no 'superstar recruitment of I join you or you join me'. That is the most commendable part of this Nuggets team. You can see the hard work and patience of the team, as preached by Malone. Many teams would buckle upon the tough comebacks of the Heat team and tonight the Nuggets proved they are a pressure cooker team. Hats off. Their journey has been effective. From the days of Jameer Nelson, Carmelo, Wilson Chandler leading to this roster, what a great job by their GM. Getting Pope and Brown was like finding gold in the mine. And to think that veterans like DeAndre Jordan, Reggie Jackson, and Ish Smith are back ups in case of need. Joker wanted them to get their rings too. And I almost forgot Jeff Green, a former Celtic, finally getting a ring. He played his role well.
Yeah, love the fact that they’re the opposite of the ‘buy a superstar/team’ model, which is not the type of team to get behind (for me anyway) and watch grow, but rather a collection of players at the moment.

Porter (2 back surgeries) and Murray (out 1.5 yrs) both made the point of what a supportive group over a number of years the team and teammates have been

Moving to CO next yr, having been looking forward to going to games there for awhile.

Reactions: jadis

The game today is far different and so much faster with so many skilled 3 point shooters. But at the end of the day this guy they call the Joker is the new face of the NBA.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing