New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Stevie hates fish tacos so I offered a switch to pizza which all Amigos like :D

My son alerted me a trivia bit that Jokic and Gordon were drafted in the same year 2014. Gordon was 4th behind Wiggins, Jabari Parker and Embiid. So I was browsing in amazement how all the teams didn't pick Jokic until Denver picked him up at the 40th spot. Notably the C's has 2 picks, 6th and 17th. That's how the cookie crumbles. :D

as the season draws to an end and likely over next game, thinking back on this year for me was one of ups and a lot of downs but after the trade deadline, it was exciting to watch Lakers come back from 13th in th west to finish 4th overall in the league. The cream always rises to the top and Denver proved they are just too mighty and filled with so many weapons. Watching Jokic dribble the ball up court like a 1 and then post up like a 5 and then shooting his long rainbow threes which seem to come out of the ceiling as they are so high makes me shake my head in awe of the player and his humbleness. He is truly the new face of the NBA whereas my face will be covered with cheese, pepperoni and tomato sauce. Looking forward to seeing Jack and Margie next month so paying for a pizza will be my pleasure. A small price to see old and dear friends

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Indeed, this season does look like it's wrapped up.
Always happy when a team wins its first championship.

This year I'm most happy for:
Denver
Miami - against the odds
Mike Brown - altering Sacramento
Utah - bucking expectations
The Spurs - draft
Lakers' turn around
Brooklyn post trades

A little perplexed by:
Zion
76ers inability to progress
Dallas
Poole

Worried for:
Memphis
Lonzo Ball

Eager to see:
What happens in free agency, and the draft
OKC with Chet on the floor
How the new coaches change teams' fortunes
Quin Snyder being able to fully implement his system
Spurs
Pay increases for worthy players on small contracts

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph
as the season draws to an end and likely over next game, thinking back on this year for me was one of ups and a lot of downs but after the trade deadline, it was exciting to watch Lakers come back from 13th in th west to finish 4th overall in the league. The cream always rises to the top and Denver proved they are just too mighty and filled with so many weapons. Watching Jokic dribble the ball up court like a 1 and then post up like a 5 and then shooting his long rainbow threes which seem to come out of the ceiling as they are so high makes me shake my head in awe of the player and his humbleness. He is truly the new face of the NBA whereas my face will be covered with cheese, pepperoni and tomato sauce. Looking forward to seeing Jack and Margie next month so paying for a pizza will be my pleasure. A small price to see old and dear friends

I got the wine my friend :) :) :)

July 11 to 16 Stevie

Reactions: steve williams
Indeed, this season does look like it's wrapped up.
Always happy when a team wins its first championship.

This year I'm most happy for:
Denver
Miami - against the odds
Mike Brown - altering Sacramento
Utah - bucking expectations
The Spurs - draft
Lakers' turn around
Brooklyn post trades

A little perplexed by:
Zion
76ers inability to progress
Dallas
Poole
Dallas

Worried for:
Memphis
Lonzo Ball

Eager to see:
What happens in free agency, and the draft
OKC with Chet on the floor
How the new coaches change teams' fortunes
Quin Snyder being able to fully implement his system
Spurs
Pay increases for players on small contracts
Add to that The Spurs and Webenyama!

Nuggets 9 points favorites for Game 5.

Reactions: steve williams

Seems Doc and Budenholzer are still looking and unaired. I hope Doc retires. He's done and has been done for years . As for Budenholzer, I hope he lands a team . The Sixers job is still open. ;)

2023 Coaching Tracker: Who's gone, who's been hired?​

Keep track of the coaching changes in the NBA since the end of the 2022-23 regular season.

Seems Doc and Budenholzer are still looking and unaired. I hope Doc retires. He's done and has been done for years . As for Budenholzer, I hope he lands a team . The Sixers job is still open. ;)

2023 Coaching Tracker: Who's gone, who's been hired?​

Keep track of the coaching changes in the NBA since the end of the 2022-23 regular season.

I think all coaching vacancies have been filled, Steve. Sixers got Nurse.

I think all coaching vacancies have been filled, Steve. Sixers got Nurse.
you're right. Another senior moment. Will we see Doc as a commentator

• Haha
Reactions: christoph and jadis
Austin has been a journeyman his entire career
Right. I was browsing thru the roster of Denver the past couple of years and was suprised he was even a starter for the Nuggets then.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing