New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Knicks just went 3-0. So far so good. And when you have a 38 year fellow who hasn't played in 2 years bang in 2 tres with 8 points total, you gotta be winning that game. :) So next question is who will be the premiere team in NY, Knicks or Nets? Maybe a subway or taxi series in the playoffs? And what do you call a Lakers-Clippers playoff series?

It'll be battle just like when Kidd was playing for the Nets :)

RUMOR CENTRAL :)

MIKE D'ANTONI ???

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/11/so-when-will-jerry-sloan-become-new.html

http://www.hoopsworld.com/daily-nba-news/

So when will Jerry Sloan become the new Lakers coach?

Hoopsworld

Many within NBA circles believe it’s only a matter of time before Brown is fired. Jerry Sloan and Mike D’Antoni are two names that have surfaced as possible replacements for Brown.

“Jerry Sloan to L.A. by December 1,” one league source predicted. “Nash and Howard are the new Stockton and Malone. He wants a ring, not to mention the money. He didn’t seriously consider Orlando, Charlotte or Portland [openings] over the summer because he knew Los Angeles would open up.”

We have no idea where we're supposed to be
Brown has one of the toughest jobs in basketball. He’ll be blamed when the Lakers lose. His decisions will be second-guessed and he’ll have to answer question after question: Why is Bryant playing so many minutes? Why isn’t Howard getting more touches? Why isn’t Nash handling the ball more? Why did Jodie Meeks fall out of the rotation? Why is this team running the Princeton offense?

The Lakers can't stop losing. They got bounced in the 2nd round of last spring's playoffs 4 games to 1. They lost all 8 preseason games and have now lost 4 of their first 5 regular season games. The Lakers aren't paying all this luxury tax to suck and to waste Kobe's final years. Mike Brown will be out this month in my opinion. I was actually hoping he'd do well enough with this squad to remain the coach into the postseason, because I liked the handicap they would have with him on the sidelines in the playoffs. If they made it to the Finals, Doc would have a huge advantage on him. But alas Brown won't make it to the playoffs. Its doubtful he'll make it to the New Year. And right now December 1st seems a long way away.

So who takes over? The hot name out there right now is Jerry Sloan who happens to be a tremendous coach. Kobe could drive him crazy a bit, but I think they'd have a bond because they are both basketball guys who crave winning. Howard and his "paint your face clown" attitude could also be an issue, but Karl Malone wasn't exactly the most mature one either and they lasted. So Howard and Nash could be the new Malone/Stockton. Add in Kobe and Gasol and that team could actually live up to expectations with Sloan at the helm. For that reason alone I'm cheering for Brown to make the team respectable, but I'm predicting that won't happen.

Last edited:
Hi

I hope my beloved Lakers do not become the NBA equivalent of the NFL Dallas Cowboys .. You know ... the largest payroll in the league .. More talent (on paper) than almost anybody and a losing record ... :( Didn't watch the game ..

Lamar Odom mistakenly identifies himself as a ‘Los Angeles Laker’ (VIDEO)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...himself-los-angeles-laker-160218750--nba.html

I have never been a Lamar Odom fan. He screwed the Clippers when he played for them early in his career and now he is overweight and seriously out of shape. He has always been a head case. Be nice if the Clippers could get the Lakers to take him back - but that won't happen.

Clippers took a big game last night from San Antonio with outstanding performances from Griffin and D'Andre Jordan.

The LAC have been inconsistent this year - beating the better teams but dropping two games to weaker teams.

I have never been a Lamar Odom fan. He screwed the Clippers when he played for them early in his career and now he is overweight and seriously out of shape. He has always been a head case. .

In some ways, Odom reminds me of Antoine Walker who helped Miami win a title with Shaq but the very next season reported to camp overweight and out of shape till finally nobody took him and he went bankrupt.

including the preseason, the Lakers are 1-12

Wonder when Mike Buss will say "Houston, we have a problem"

Gerry Sloan IMO would be a better match in Lala land than Mike D'Antoni but the reality is the Lakers flat out stink

including the preseason, the Lakers are 1-12

Wonder when Mike Buss will say "Houston, we have a problem"

Gerry Sloan IMO would be a better match in Lala land than Mike D'Antoni but the reality is the Lakers flat out stink

I was rooting for Mike Brown to succeed but it isn't looking good. That Princeton offense....so far no good for the Lakers.

How about Rudy Tomjanovich again? :)

I have never been a Lamar Odom fan. He screwed the Clippers when he played for them early in his career and now he is overweight and seriously out of shape. He has always been a head case. Be nice if the Clippers could get the Lakers to take him back - but that won't happen.

Well, in the unlikely scenario that Odom moves back to the Lakers, he will have an even worse identity crisis (aside from his physical out of shape crisis) as I just found out the Lakers right now have a certain Darius Odom on their roster. He might think that guy is him! :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu