New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Watch out for the Clippers this year. Very deep roster packed with veteran players. Great team chemistry and outstanding leadership from Chris Paul.

The Laker's Princeton offense is a waste of Steve Nash's talents.

Watch out for the Clippers this year. Very deep roster packed with veteran players. Great team chemistry and outstanding leadership from Chris Paul.

Hi WLVCA,

Welcome to the NBA thread. :) And yes, after watching the Clippers tonight, I believe they're going to be much better than last season. Jamal Crawford is an excellent addition to the team. And if Odom can regain his 6th man of the year form, the Clips will be in very good shape come playoff time.

Harden scores 45 against the Hawks in Rockets' win. The 'foundational' player has struck again and that is good news for Rockets fans. With Lin doing well too in his 2nd game, with 21 points and 10 rebounds, the 2 new kids will make Coach McHale look good. Harden is the main man now of the Rockets.

Watched the game yesterday, the team looked out of synch ot me .. I could be wrong .. it's just 1 game .... If they lose another game though ... Mike Brown days may be counted in LA.. It is not too Lakers to be "Oh" and 10 (counting the preseason) ...

So far I have not found an exact definition of The Princeton offense of Mike Brown. Will that fit any kind of team regardless of who the players are?

So far I have not found an exact definition of The Princeton offense of Mike Brown. Will that fit any kind of team regardless of who the players are?

It's basically a "motion" offense with lots of cutting, picks and rolls. In other words, old school basketball instead of today's isolation offenses.

It's basically a "motion" offense with lots of cutting, picks and rolls. In other words, old school basketball instead of today's isolation offenses.

Thanks, Myles. Got it.

IMO the Clipps are clearly the team with pecking rights to the LA scene

Lakers looked absolutely horrible.

Only problem with getting rid of Brown, is who would take over, the man who he hired to teach the Princeton Offense

Harden will become a true superstar in Houston and I believe the Rockets who are young and well coached will become a factor in the Western Conference this year

I wonder if Phil Jackson's watching the Laker woes from his ranch in Wyoming?

Hi

The fan in me is asking the question: Is the Princeton offense, as defined by Myles, the best for a team with superstars.. All that running around and passing can't be good for their knees, I would think. I was expecting a game based on a superlative point guard(Nash) a superlative shooting Guard (Kobe) and a superlative Center (D12) .. The way to maximize these assets seem to be the return of traditional point guard passing the ball to whomevee he feels is the best position for scoring philosophy. You damn have Nash he can pass and score and you have Kobe and now you have Dwight and Pau... do we need a stinking Princeton Offense ..
I say feeling a little annoyed this morning so I will say this reserving the right to disavow my own words:

DOWN WITH BROWN

:)

In all fairness the offense is not the problem but the defense ... So let's improve the defense people!

.. and now Nash broke some bones in his foot ... :(

Nash has a small non displaced fracture of the head of the fibula.I have had the exact same injury many years ago. They hurt for a bit but heal quickly. Nonetheless they still need time

Tonight will be another test. If they fall to the Pistons, they will be 0-10

Los Angeles fans will be getting very nervous

It is always good to second guess team management but the Lakers are not used to ever being in this position. Their move to bring in Nash and a few other senior citizens of the game seems to be a short term move to hopefully maximize Kobe's efforts in the last 2 years of his contract

Speaking of Kobe, a small statistic went overlooked in their loss to the Clipps is that he surpassed Magic for the most team steals

With a third quarter interception of a Clippers’ pass on Wednesday night, Kobe Bryant became the all-time franchise leader in steals for the Lakers, surpassing Magic Johnson’s 1,724 in his Hall of Fame career.

Magic twice led the NBA in steals (1980-81 and 81-82) and posted the third highest single-season steals average in history in 80-81 at 3.43 per game. He now ranks 15th on the NBA’s all-time list, one spot behind Kobe, with Isiah Thomas (1,861) and Derek Harper (1,957) up next.

Bryant turned that second steal into a layup on the other end as part of his 40-point evening, though the Lakers lost 105-95 to fall to 0-3 on the season.

Definitely worth watching if you haven't seen Sir Charles comments about the Princeton offense

Ron Party is dead on here when he talks about the porous Lakers defense and their slowness to defend against the pick and roll

If Lakers keep losing LA fans will be crying for heads to roll and Mike Brown will be the first casualty

What the Buss family saw in him as a coach over others who were available is beyond me. I have yet to have Mike Brown make me a believer in his coaching skills

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2012/10/31/20121030-inside-top5-2.nba/index.html

Nash has a small non displaced fracture of the head of the fibula.I have had the exact same injury many years ago. They hurt for a bit but heal quickly. Nonetheless they still need time

Tonight will be another test. If they fall to the Pistons, they will be 0-10

Los Angeles fans will be getting very nervous

It is always good to second guess team management but the Lakers are not used to ever being in this position. Their move to bring in Nash and a few other senior citizens of the game seems to be a short term move to hopefully maximize Kobe's efforts in the last 2 years of his contract

I heard Isiah Thomas is available and Dolan will give him a strong recommendation and 10 million to cover future potential sexual harassment suits! ;)

I wonder if Phil Jackson's watching the Laker woes from his ranch in Wyoming?

I wouldn't bet on it. The last time Jackson left the court, he left with his Lakers being swept by Dallas in 2011 and there was not much he could he though a year prior to that he guided them to the title. So maybe he really felt that he, and the Lakers were spent fuel. Hence, Mitch Kupchak had to pull 2 big rabbits out of the hat. Still early, but at 0-3, it's definitely not a good feeling if you are a Lakers fan, and one would start envying teams with a 1-2 record - that considering that after the acquisition of Howard, Peace was talking about breaking the Bulls all time win loss record of 72-10. though mathematically, that is still possible.

I heard Isiah Thomas is available and Dolan will give him a strong recommendation and 10 million to cover future potential sexual harassment suits! ;)

I learned that the Kings' Isaiah Thomas was named after the infamous Isiah Thomas by the former's dad who lost a bet on the LAL-Pistons title match in the late 80s. This young Isaiah, whenever he plays in Madison Square Garden, gets boo'ed by the Knicks fans plainly because of the retired Isaiah's unsuccessful tenure as head coach and executive of the Knicks, not to mention his sexual harrassment case. Poor young fellow.

Hi

The fan in me is asking the question: Is the Princeton offense, as defined by Myles, the best for a team with superstars.. All that running around and passing can't be good for their knees, I would think. I was expecting a game based on a superlative point guard(Nash) a superlative shooting Guard (Kobe) and a superlative Center (D12) .. The way to maximize these assets seem to be the return of traditional point guard passing the ball to whomevee he feels is the best position for scoring philosophy. You damn have Nash he can pass and score and you have Kobe and now you have Dwight and Pau... do we need a stinking Princeton Offense ..
I say feeling a little annoyed this morning so I will say this reserving the right to disavow my own words:

DOWN WITH BROWN

:)

In all fairness the offense is not the problem but the defense ... So let's improve the defense people!

.. and now Nash broke some bones in his foot ... :(

The biggest problem with the 'down with Brown' movement, is who do you replace him with with? The best bet last year in Brian Shaw is locked up as an associate coach in Indiana. And I'm sure the name Stan Van Gundy is not going to come up. :D

Last edited:
Just to start fueling my irrational fan annoyance: What was the rationale behind hiring Brown? Anybody has a hint?

Any updates on the return (if at all this season) of D. Rose

Seems his rehab is going very slow and his injury was far more devastating than initially thought

Steve,

Found this about 2 weeks before the start of the season. There is talk that Rose might miss the entire season. And he loves to 'cut' the lanes, and he talks of being scared of 'cutting' now. Unlike a guy like Perkins who had ACL surgery but his game is mostly stand up rebounding and positioning unlike Rose whose basketball life is cutting, slashing with acrobatic twisting moves to boot. We hope the guy will come back all-right.

http://www.bettingsports.com/bulls-uncertain-on-derrick-roses-return/

by Nick T. on October 11, 2012 Leave a Comment
Bulls Uncertain on Derrick Rose’s Return

David Banks-US PRESSWIRE

I don’t want to alarm you (though I will), but Derrick Rose could miss the entire season.

The Chicago Bulls All-Star sat down with NBA TV on Wednesday and admitted that his 2012-13 season could be in jeopardy, following his serious knee injury during the team’s first playoff game last year against the Philadelphia 76ers.

While he is still on the road to recovery, there have been signs that suggest a mid-season return for Rose might not be so likely. Rose had a chance to sound off on the ACL tear and how his injury is progressing during the Bulls media day.

Via ESPN Chicago, “Probably when I start cutting again (I’ll feel I’m back), because right now cutting is the hardest thing in the world right now to do,” Rose said Monday. “I’m scared of it. And right when I think I get that out of my system I think I’ll be pretty close, where I have to prove to them that I’m ready to play. Hopefully it (doesn’t) take the whole year.”

Unfortunately, the Bulls 2012-13 season hinges on Rose’s quick recovery from his offseason surgery. He is now five months into his rehab process and was expected to return within the 8-to-12 month window that doctors set out for him. Though past evaluations showed that his return could be pushed forward, that doesn’t seem to be the case now.

It wouldn’t be wise for Chicago to bring Rose back before he is ready. The 24-year-old point guard is the face of the franchise and has a tremendous career in front of him. Jeopardizing his long-term future for the benefit of this year’s team could dramatically alter the franchise’s complexion for the worse in the next few years. Besides, the Bulls should still be in the playoff hunt, even without their All-Star producer putting up big numbers on a night-to-night basis. In fact, the team is a productive 18-9 without him.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu