New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

ESPN radio today has been going nuts over the fact that the guy with zero rings was chosen over the guy with 11 rings and arguably the greatest living coach in basketball. He doesn't need to light a cigar with each victory

This plus the fact that Steve Kerr on ESPN Radio said that Steve Nash could learn the Triangle in 15 minutes and contrary to what Lakers management saying about not being able to teach the Triangle is bogus

Flip Sanders also said that the Triangle is written on 2 pieces of paper

As a result there is speculation that the deal breaker was Jim Buss who has a bad relationship with Phil and with his sister Jeannie being Phil's girl it put Jim not wanting Phil

I think the ball is now squarely (or roundly) on the hands of the LAL players now that the decision on their head coach is final. If we are to take the 2 wins of LA instantaneously upon Brown's firing, then it can mean the morale of the players are high and that they themselves want to win and would exert more energy into playing the game. In one article, there was mention of the players of the Knicks didn't listen to D'Antoni anymore that prompted him to give up and resign. Then there was Andrew Bynum throwing 3 point shots in defiance of Mike Brown's wishes, or Magic wanted to be traded had Paul Westhead continue to coach. Perhaps those questions on the offensive style of D'Antoni should be put to rest now and time for the players to respond to the challenge of winning a title, as their management intended. By saying this, I have to take my Celtics cap off. :D

Nice post script Phil

No doubt it was the clash between Jim and Phil that nixed the deal.

It is after all the Buss family who writes their paychecks and "he who pays the piper.........."

Right, Steve. Nobody wants to win a title more than an owner - it's his money. :)

Knicks improve to 5-0 with win over hapless Magic. Hold Magic to 36 points in second half. Tyson Chandler is proving to be the unsung hero on this team with his defensive prowess. The man can move for a big fella. Think Mavs made a mistake letting him go?

Knicks improve to 5-0 with win over hapless Magic. Hold Magic to 36 points in second half. Tyson Chandler is proving to be the unsung hero on this team with his defensive prowess. The man can move for a big fella. Think Mavs made a mistake letting him go?

Oh yeah, Dallas made a BIG mistake in letting him walk, imo. He is a tough tough defender and shot blocker and he knows his way inside the paint. He was the 2nd line of defense in preventing James from having a cakewalk into the hoop during the Mavs/Heat title series. No nonsense big man. As the Knicks are getting wins without Amare, I am now weary if his return will ruin the 'chemistry'. :D Knicks fans hope not, and on paper, he should be able to improve the Knicks play at the 4 position. Let's hope he does not bang anymore fire extinguisher glass cases. :D

i saw that, pau for 3???

at any rate, they fought well against the strong spurs. again a good sign of brown's non-coaching.

Memphis looking really good this early. They are nice to watch.

Good game for the Clippers in marauding the Heat. The Heat's speed can be fought mano-a-mano with a speedier team, like the Clips. Many other teams have good outside shooting, and that is in fact one of the strengths of the Heat, and it's good to see the Heat now having to defend the outside shot as they are air-tight in defending the perimeter.

Yes, the Clippers looked good tonight. Now 6 and 2.

Dare I say they are currently the best team in LA?

Yes, the Clippers looked good tonight. Now 6 and 2.

Dare I say they are currently the best team in LA?

At this point, the stats will show they are. But after the all-star break, the Lakers may begin to form, if not earlier. Technically, they still do not have their real coach now, and we don't know when the other Mike is gonna start his reign. But I like what I see in the Clippers' play. DeAndre is playing rock solid as a center. He may go far if he keeps on. And how about Jamal Crawford, boy was he dazzling tonight, a revival of the Tim Hardaway crossover move caused even his own teammate to fall down. :D And of course, Chris Paul is Chris Paul.

First Don King hairdo, now Beatles. :D Bynum must be getting bored on the bench of the Sixers. :)

bynum.jpgandrew-bynum-beatles.jpg

The Clipps indeed have bragging rights to LA and this week were named the number 2 team in the NBA behind the Knicks

Can you imagine the Clipps with a healthy Chauncey in the backcourt

As for Bynum it seems most of his career has been sitting on the bench nursing one injury or another

I did think the Lakers played well against the Spurs and lost on a last successful 3 point shot made with Kobe defending

Big games tonight:

Knicks at San Antonio
Boston at Nets

Isn't today or tomorrow the unveiling of Kareem's statue outside Staples Ctr.?

Big games tonight:

Knicks at San Antonio
Boston at Nets

Isn't today or tomorrow the unveiling of Kareem's statue outside Staples Ctr.?

Big test for the Knicks, and the C's will be tested by the Nets, or vice versa. BTW Myles, are Knicks fans automatic Nets fans too? :)

Big test for the Knicks, and the C's will be tested by the Nets, or vice versa. BTW Myles, are Knicks fans automatic Nets fans too? :)

Yes C's w/o Rondo.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu