New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Magic rips Lakers executive, prefers Jeff Van Gundy over Mike D'Antoni. Wow...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...dantoni_n_2138147.html?utm_hp_ref=los-angeles

What I don't understand is how Magic can say that (even though it's true) because he is a part owner of the Lakers and an Executive of the organization

I heard on ESPN today that if the Clipps begin to go south with all of their talent, it could be sayonara Vinnie DelNegro and Hello Phil Jackson

Now what do you think that would do for basketball in Los Angeles as well as number of season ticket holders for the Clipps

What would Mr Jim Buss say to that. And finally a father has to love his kids but unless they have Dr Buss in restraints at a seniors facility how the heck can he have let his son screw up so badly

What I don't understand is how Magic can say that (even though it's true) because he is a part owner of the Lakers and an Executive of the organization

I heard on ESPN today that if the Clipps begin to go south with all of their talent, it could be sayonara Vinnie DelNegro and Hello Phil Jackson

Now what do you think that would do for basketball in Los Angeles as well as number of season ticket holders for the Clipps

Steve, I believe Magic sold his stake in the Lakers in 2010 and bought into part of the Dodgers subsequently.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/101018johnsonsellstosoonshiong.html

Phil Jackson coming to coach the Clippers will be intriguing. Talk about a Hollywood script.

Makes sense what you say about Magic and his shares Phil. Would explain everything

And what was amusing to me was when he pointed to Jeff VG beside him as a better choice for a coach, Jeff was like speechless. :)

BTW wasn't it Magic who was responsible for the firing of Paul Westhead. This brought about the hiring of a retired Laker working as a radio broadcaster, one Pat Riley. The rest is history

I believe so, Steve. That after Westhead won with him and the Lakers the celebrated title over the Sixers when Magic scored 42 in the final Finals game of '80. The next season after that, Magic demanded to be traded if Westhead was still going to be the coach. Magic won, and Riley got them more titles. Funny tidbit I read about Magic and Westhead in their first year, from this site: http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/tag/_/name/paul-westhead

"Once upon a time, when Paul Westhead, who has a master’s degree in English literature from Villanova, took over a talented Lakers squad 14 games into the 1979-80 season, he invoked some Shakespeare (from “Macbeth”) with a young Magic Johnson: “If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly.” Johnson looked at Westhead, nodded his head and said, “I get it, you want me to get the ball and run it down the court and score." :D

I wouldn't have understood Westhead then. :D

What would Mr Jim Buss say to that. And finally a father has to love his kids but unless they have Dr Buss in restraints at a seniors facility how the heck can he have let his son screw up so badly

Phil Jackson is definitely not a fan of Donald Sterling, the Clipper's owner. Sterling is hard for anyone to like, even Clipper fans.

Phil may be mad enough at the Lakers to do it though.

I'd love to see Jeff Van Gundy (not Stan) coach the Clippers. I was rooting for him when del Negro was in trouble last year.

Jeff has a great, low pressure job now doing TV for ESPN. Not sure I'd give that up if I was him.

Knicks still undefeated by beating the Spurs. There is something really different now this season with the arrival of Jason Kidd. The guy is still hungry for a ring. And how bout the much maligned Rasheed Wallace. Woodson has enough trust to play him 15 minutes, scoring 10 points with 2 tres. For a really washed out player, amazing.

Knicks still undefeated by beating the Spurs. There is something really different now this season with the arrival of Jason Kidd. The guy is still hungry for a ring. And how bout the much maligned Rasheed Wallace. Woodson has enough trust to play him 15 minutes, scoring 10 points with 2 tres. For a really washed out player, amazing.

The real story is Felton :) Didn't want to leave and glad to be back.

Oh, and Nets held on to beat Celts. Brook Lopez playing with a vengeance!

The real story is Felton :) Didn't want to leave and glad to be back.

Oh, and Nets held on to beat Celts. Brook Lopez playing with a vengeance!

Yeah, Lin's departure is Felton's gain. :) Big numbers lately. And if he keeps up, Knicks are looking good till the playoffs. Do they still need Amare? Trade him? :D

Nets has big guys who were doing all the rebounding and the C's had none. C's had their chances but missed those last few jump shots after the tie down the stretch. Didn't know Humphries was that good. All I read last season was that he was voted most hated sports guy after the Kardashian divorce. :D

Memphis hands Knicks their first loss. Both teams look really good.

Anyone watching the ceremony for the unveiling of Kareem's statue at Staples

Literally the "who's who" of basketball is there as well as Jack Nicholson

I saw a brief clip of the unveiling ceremony, and the statue of Kareem looked pretty good, just like his good old days. Someday, will Jack Nicholson get a statue too? Or a poster maybe? :D

IMO Memphis can be the giant killer this year. Marc Gaol looks terrific

Yeah Steve, Grizzlies look pretty good so far despite losing OJ Mayo. Gotta hand it to them. Here's a young talented team, full of energy and the man in the middle is now laying claim to be the better Gasol. :)

Meanwhile, my C's are now moving up slowly by surely. Rondo has 20 assists after missing a game against the Nets. I have high hopes for their power forward rookie Jared Sullinger, the guy is smart and has good moves inside ala Al Jefferson. And Terry is starting to feel like a Celtic. :)

The Clippers are embarking on a difficult road trip - San Antonio, OKC, Brooklyn and Atlanta.

I am certain the Spurs would like to pay them back for the Clippers' big win over them at Staples.

Good test of the Clippers on this upcoming trip.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu